American Idol season 8

ethiostar

Reaction score
I might be in the minority here but the talent overall this year is very poor compared with the years passed.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
ethiostar;2694049 said:
I might be in the minority here but the talent overall this year is very poor compared with the years passed.

I think just the opposite. I think there are great voices all thru the top 10.

kmp77

Reaction score
ethiostar;2694049 said:

I dunno, I think it's at least better than last year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ethiostar;2694049 said:
I disagree. Each of these kids can really sing.

ethiostar

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2694141 said:
I think just the opposite. I think there are great voices all thru the top 10.

kmp77;2694195 said:
I dunno, I think it's at least better than last year.

Hostile;2694627 said:
I disagree. Each of these kids can really sing.

Like i said i might be in the minority but i'm not overly impressed this year overall. It might just be i'm starting to lose interest in the show generally. My favorite parts of the show is in the beginning where the crazies come-out.

Don't get me wrong, I think most of them can sing but i haven't really seen one that is very consistent and most of them really haven't blown me away like some in past years. Still I think Lil can sing, the rocker has a voice for a particular type of music, the guy who lost his wife is talented, and i like the tone of the guy who is always compared with Timberlake. But i think the one that is going to win it is the young girl with purple/red hair. IMO she has been consistently good and impressive, especially considering her age.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Alexis Grace leaving and Adam Lambert staying to scream another week is absurd.

Not that they will miss me but this is the end of the road for this show and me.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2694912 said:
Alexis Grace leaving and Adam Lambert staying to scream another week is absurd.

Not that they will miss me but this is the end of the road for this show and me.

Like I said earlier in the thread. It's not really a talent competition but more of a popularity contest.

kristie

Reaction score
trickblue;2693446 said:
That rendition of "Ring of Fire" deserved an immediate and severe flogging... I felt dirty after watching it...

same here. i just hated it.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Bye Bye Alexis. She was not one of my favorites so not sad to see her go.

I almost had a heart attack when Allison was in the bottom 3. That girl can sing, too bad she doesnt have a fan base. Is it the red hair, the fact that shes 16? I dont know why she doesnt have fans when shes got a mature voice for such a young age.

ADAM!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2695779 said:

I almost had a heart attack when Allison was in the bottom 3. That girl can sing, too bad she doesnt have a fan base. Is it the red hair, the fact that shes 16? I dont know why she doesnt have fans when shes got a mature voice for such a young age.

ADAM!!!

She wasn't the best but she was better than some of the remaining 10.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2695779 said:

ADAM!!!

has to be, 90% of Americans are creeped out by gingers

kristie

Reaction score
what do you guys think of the theme that they're doing for the upcoming week, motown?

kmp77

Reaction score
kristie;2698106 said:
what do you guys think of the theme that they're doing for the upcoming week, motown?

It's better than country and michael jackson week. Seems there's a bigger range there to pick from plus I like the music better.

ethiostar

Reaction score
kristie;2698106 said:

I love the genre so i hope the contestants do it some justice.