American Idol season 8

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Sorry, Rounds does nothing for me. I could visit any of a handful of churches down here in South Carolina and find some one who can do what she does but only better.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Lady Gaga?

What in the blue hell was that?

So glad Megan was the one to go. Didn't even watch her Swan Song performance.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2713490 said:
Lady Gaga?

What in the blue hell was that?

So glad Megan was the one to go. Didn't even watch her Swan Song performance.

I said basically the same thing :eek:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
top 3

Allison
Danny
ABA(anybody but Adam) seriously, the guy can sing but I just don't want him to win so vote goes to nobody else

Bottom 3

Scott
Lil
Matt (was not impressed even tho the judges were)

Time for Scott to go home. Simon sees $$$ in Adam.

SDogo

Reaction score
Lil has got to go. I'm so sick of her fake *** attitude and imitation performances.

SDogo

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2720476 said:
top 3

Allison
Danny
ABA(anybody but Adam) seriously, the guy can sing but I just don't want him to win so vote goes to nobody else

Bottom 3

Scott
Lil
Matt (was not impressed even tho the judges were)

Time for Scott to go home. Simon sees $$$ in Adam.

Top 3 in order:

Allison
Adam
Danny

Bottom 3 in order:

Scott
Lil
Kris

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2720500 said:
Top 3 in order:

Allison
Adam
Danny

Bottom 3 in order:

Scott
Lil
Kris
Kris in the bottom 3? The guy's good. He's current, has a great voice and can arrange music -- something just about everyone else can't do this year.

Edit: Disclaimer, I missed tonight's performance.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
top 3 THIS WEEK

Allison --- She will eventually sell the most albums
Matt --- Good week for him but he can be up and down
Anoop ---First time I'd have had him this high

bottom 3

Scott --- Just not soulful enough for my tastes as a piano man but looked lost tonite
Lil --- I want to like her and she can song but time to do something with a song
Kris --- Usually very solid but tonight fell short.

I'd send Scott home because Kris has been really good overall and Lill has untapped potential.

I suspect Adam wins the show then 6 months later everyone forgets him. Just not sure his "act" plays well on the radio or record as it does on stage. His ridiculous high notes are awesome but the guy can't build a career of that can he? Allison has the most raw talent and will blossom once she signs a deal.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Like I said last week the bottom 3 always has a surprise

Bottom 3
Lil
Scott
and I'll say Danny....not because he was bad but because it's his turn lol

Top 3
Allison by far the best on the show
Anoop
Adam.....he has the Justin teenie boppers vote plus they'd keep him if was voted off

I think it's between Scott and Lil to go home which means I hope it's Scott

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Adam and Allison were both great tonight. Allison better not be in the bottom 3 again.

Scott needs to go NOW.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Regardless of who ends up winning this season, the one who will end up being the best performer in this group is Allison. Oh my gosh she can sing. I think she's top 3 easy, and maybe top 2. I want her to do a Janis Joplin joint so bad.

I am an Arizona homer. I am also a realist. Scott's gone. He was the worst tonight. Lil was a close 2nd on worst. I think the other 6 were fairly good. If Scott is gone they won't save him. If Lil is they will use the save finally. I think they're almost obligated to use the save. They can't use the save after the top 5.

I honestly don't get the Adam hatred. That was an incredible performance that was memorable.

I like Danny. Always interesting to hear what he will do with a song.

Sometimes the judges confuse the hell out of me. "Make the song your own." How many times do you hear that from the judges? Then someone like Kris does that and they say, "don't change a classic song." I kind of thought it was a cool arrangement and didn't get their backlash too much. He's not my favorite or even in my top 5, but that performance wasn't bad. I don't think it was great, but it wasn't as bad as they said at all.

kristie

Reaction score
my favorites tonight:

danny(loved it!)
anoop(great:) )
allison(that girl can really sing)
matt(much better then last week)

lil was OK. again, i felt bad for her because i like her & think she's a terrific singer. kris was OK, not great. adam just doesn't do it for me. scott has to go because that was very bad.

MrMom

Reaction score
Hostile;2720792 said:
Regardless of who ends up winning this season, the one who will end up being the best performer in this group is Allison. Oh my gosh she can sing. I think she's top 3 easy, and maybe top 2. I want her to do a Janis Joplin joint so bad.

I am an Arizona homer. I am also a realist. Scott's gone. He was the worst tonight. Lil was a close 2nd on worst. I think the other 6 were fairly good. If Scott is gone they won't save him. If Lil is they will use the save finally. I think they're almost obligated to use the save. They can't use the save after the top 5.

I honestly don't get the Adam hatred. That was an incredible performance that was memorable.

I like Danny. Always interesting to hear what he will do with a song.

Sometimes the judges confuse the hell out of me. "Make the song your own." How many times do you hear that from the judges? Then someone like Kris does that and they say, "don't change a classic song." I kind of thought it was a cool arrangement and didn't get their backlash too much. He's not my favorite or even in my top 5, but that performance wasn't bad. I don't think it was great, but it wasn't as bad as they said at all.

I was thinking that, as well. They contradict themselves quite a bit.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
If the final 2 gets to Allison and Adam, I may use up my monthly allowance of 250 text messages to support Allison. For 16 yrs old when this started and now just turning 17, that girl has a great voice. I can not wait to hear her in about 2 or 3 yrs.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2720940 said:
If the final 2 gets to Allison and Adam, I may use up my monthly allowance of 250 text messages to support Allison. For 16 yrs old when this started and now just turning 17, that girl has a great voice. I can not wait to hear her in about 2 or 3 yrs.

I don't have a text plan but I might have to run my bill up just to keep Adam from winning. I can't stand his voice. It's like nails on a chalk board for me.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell;2720531 said:
I suspect Adam wins the show then 6 months later everyone forgets him. Just not sure his "act" plays well on the radio or record as it does on stage. His ridiculous high notes are awesome but the guy can't build a career of that can he? Allison has the most raw talent and will blossom once she signs a deal.

Well Rob Halford of Judas Priest has done pretty well with hitting the high notes. I don't care for adam that much but I would like to hear him take on Exciter from Judas Priest to really test those high notes. King Diamond has had a long career with his high voice as well although I don't care for him.

kristie

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2720946 said:
I don't have a text plan but I might have to run my bill up just to keep Adam from winning. I can't stand his voice. It's like nails on a chalk board for me.

same here. all i know is my fingers will be very sore from dialing another contestant's number(s).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The right person is gone. Anoop in the bottom 3, much less 2 was kind of wrong. He was pretty good.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
agreed....

anyone think that pickler performance was any good?

that was horrible times 1000.