American Idol season 8

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Whether you like his voice or not Adam is a performer.

He reminds me so much of "Sebastian Bach" from "Skid Row" in terms of his pipes and his ability to scream and still sound good.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
when I speak of Adams humility or lack of it, I think of this guy who won Britains got talent a couple of years ago who just emotes humility. I am as fond of opera as I am of Adams style of music (which means I am not fond of either) but I can't watch this video without getting a little emotional. I love this guys humility. He eventually won the competition that year.

You tube would not imbedd so here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Thank you Adam for entertaining me, while the rest went ballad happy. That was insanity.

Allison finally got pimped by the judges... on a night she didnt deserve it. Go figure. Easily Allison's worst performance. Shes in trouble.

LIL is lost. Go home.

B3
Kris, Matt, Alli???

Should go home: LIL
Will go home Alli but judges save her???

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2730645 said:
Thank you Adam for entertaining me, while the rest went ballad happy. That was insanity.

Allison finally got pimped by the judges... on a night she didnt deserve it. Go figure. Easily Allison's worst performance. Shes in trouble.

LIL is lost. Go home.

B3
Kris, Matt, Alli???

Should go home: LIL
Will go home Alli but judges save her???

I don't see the judges saving Lil because Simon will be the one to say no.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2730950 said:
She's changed her hair some much from week to week it's possible but more likely it's extensions.

it's like wearing a toupee, everyone knows it's fake, why do some women do that?

FloridaRob

Reaction score
the wife swears Lil wears a different wig every week. I told her last night it looked like it was hers and she said again it was a wig. I'm just a guy. I would not know unless I pulled it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Adam has the competition in the bag but he is clearly more "performer" than recording artist.

Allison will have the best career by far imho.

Take away all the gimmicks and she has the most raw talent. Gravelly, but big-voiced female singers tend to be extremely marketable. And at 16 she knows who she is.

Adam has 10 years of acting and clawing in the music biz behind him and it shows. He is hungry and well-versed. I love watching him on the show but I wouldn't buy an album from him---unless it is totally different than his high-pitched performances.

I like Matt as well but the judges want him to be an rnb star which doesn't seem to generate much fan votes for him and hasn't sold well in the marketplace recently, especially outside the us.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jterrell;2730981 said:
Adam has the competition in the bag but he is clearly more "performer" than recording artist.

Allison will have the best career by far imho.

Take away all the gimmicks and she has the most raw talent. Gravelly, but big-voiced female singers tend to be extremely marketable. And at 16 she knows who she is.

Adam has 10 years of acting and clawing in the music biz behind him and it shows. He is hungry and well-versed. I love watching him on the show but I wouldn't buy an album from him---unless it is totally different than his high-pitched performances.

I like Matt as well but the judges want him to be an rnb star which doesn't seem to generate much fan votes for him and hasn't sold well in the marketplace recently, especially outside the us.

I turn the channel or mute it when Adam is on.

I think Danny and Allison are the two that can make it.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I thought the point of the save was to keep the person the judges felt had a chance at winning. Simon just said he didnt feel Matt could win this thing and ends up saving him? WTphuck.

Looks like Matt will be a double loser next week and hope he takes Lil with him.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2731730 said:
I thought the point of the save was to keep the person the judges felt had a chance at winning. Simon just said he didnt feel Matt could win this thing and ends up saving him? WTphuck.

Looks like Matt will be a double loser next week and hope he takes Lil with him.

So Matt was the lowest vote getter but they saved him?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think they were pretty much obligated to use the Save. They can only use it once and it has to be before the final 5. That means this week or next week. They pretty much figure Matt & Lil are the next 2 to go and they both can go next week.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Conversation with my 7 yr old grandson I picked up after school today.

Me-"Blane, did you watch American Idol last night?"

Blane- "Yes, and I voted."

Me-"Great, who did you like and who did you vote for?"

Blane "the Golf Guy."

Me "The Golf Guy? Who is the Golf Guy?"

Blane-" The guy that sang Born to be Wild!"

Me-"Why do you call him the Golf guy?

Blane-"Because he likes to wear makeup and dress up in black. People that dress like that like Golf"

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Yeah, they used the save on Matt, and he started crying. Before that, the audience went wild SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE.

Disco week up next. Its going to be uggggly. I only see Adam pulling this off without looking like a doofus.

Anoop disco?? Danny thrusting his hips? LMAO. I have a feeling Im going to be doing a lot of cringing and laughing next week.

kristie

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2731768 said:
So Matt was the lowest vote getter but they saved him?

yup they did. i think simon might have been pressured by the other three, mostly kara & paula, to use it.

kristie

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2731046 said:
I turn the channel or mute it when Adam is on.

I think Danny and Allison are the two that can make it.

same here. i like danny & allison. :)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
kristie;2732073 said:
yup they did. i think simon might have been pressured by the other three, mostly kara & paula, to use it.

Hopefully he and Lil will be gone next week... both have been terrible for weeks...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2731825 said:
Yeah, they used the save on Matt, and he started crying. Before that, the audience went wild SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE.

Disco week up next. Its going to be uggggly. I only see Adam pulling this off without looking like a doofus.

Anoop disco?? Danny thrusting his hips? LMAO. I have a feeling Im going to be doing a lot of cringing and laughing next week.

Oh boy I can't wait to see Adam's version of Macho Man :laugh2:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
all the kids left are great but I don't think they can hold a candle to Britains top gal in their competition this year. Over 13 million hits on youtube in less than a week and i have probably done about 25 of them. I love the underdog and may send some text votes to Britain for this lady.

having a problem with embedding youtube again. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY