American Idol season 8

ologan

Reaction score
There must be something completely wrong with me,because I think I'm the only person in this country that has never seen one single episode of this show. What is wrong with me??? Will I ever get over this malady?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ologan;2780606 said:
There must be something completely wrong with me,because I think I'm the only person in this country that has never seen one single episode of this show. What is wrong with me??? Will I ever get over this malady?

You might be the only one that is Right instead of wrong.:cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ologan;2780606 said:
Maybe the show just isn't for you. Nothing wrong with this. At least you are not ragging others who like the show.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
I know Lambert has it in the bag, but I think Allen really should win this if this singing competition. Lambert is more entertainer, Allen is more singer/songwriter, which to me is what a true artist is. JMO.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2780583 said:
I like what that poll shows, but Adam is going to win easily, she has the judges pulling for her.
I'll say it again, out of 88 million votes last week, only 1 million votes separated Adam and Kris.

It's going to be close.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
theogt;2780747 said:
I'll say it again, out of 88 million votes last week, only 1 million votes separated Adam and Kris.

It's going to be close.

I still find it hard to believe they get that many votes. Every week they break the record from the week before.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
If Kris does win I think it will be because the anti-Lambert crowd votes him in. Adam can sing and entertain but he is a polarizing guy. Some people know he can sing but they just don't like him, me included. My opinion is he just comes across way too confident and borders on cocky with his performances without much humility.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2780750 said:
I still find it hard to believe they get that many votes. Every week they break the record from the week before.

Yeah, it's all bogus. The ratings have gone down but somehow the voting keeps going up.

Dallaslullaby

Reaction score
As a massive romo fan I would like to go on record and note that letting carrie underwood slip through his hands was a terrible mistake :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2781395 said:
Wait, isn't accuracy kind of evidence for the notion that it is rigged?

Honestly, I don't think even the judges are pulling the strings, but people behind the scenes are.
That doesn't make sense. The website uses a program that dials in and measures the busy signals and projects a winner based on that. Last year they correctly predicted 97% of the voting results.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
theogt;2781580 said:
That doesn't make sense. The website uses a program that dials in and measures the busy signals and projects a winner based on that. Last year they correctly predicted 97% of the voting results.

No, the program claims to supposedly do that.

Regardless, typically if something is predicted so accurately, especially in something that is not quantitatively, but qualitatively measurable (singing voice) that is evidence for repeatability, or predictability, which tends to be evidence for fixing.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Wow! The Kid Kris won it. Congrats and congrats to Adam too. Everyone in the top 10 had some serious talent and the top 5 was as good as it gets. Glad Kris won it!!!!

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
My faith in the world is restored --the screamer did not win...He should have been voted off when he destroyed Johnny Cash's "ring of Fire"

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The best left won.

Congrats to Kris.

He will do extremely well.

A year from now you won't remember Adam's last name.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the finale this year. KISS AND QUEEEN AMAZING STUFF.

Bummed out Adam did not win, but he was great tonight. He will shine in whatever he decides to do, whether its broadway or rock stah.

Kris, good luck and sorry about the ugly song.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2781592 said:
No, the program claims to supposedly do that.

Regardless, typically if something is predicted so accurately, especially in something that is not quantitatively, but qualitatively measurable (singing voice) that is evidence for repeatability, or predictability, which tends to be evidence for fixing.
The website is predicting based on a system that measures votes. Votes are quantitatively measurable.