American Idol season 8

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2774846 said:
He will sell more projects and have a much longer career than Lambert. And that will be in mainstream music as well.And If screaming is something you don't like, then Lambert is definitely not for you.
Oh, I don't think Lambert will have much of a career either. He has some music out pre-Idol and it's terrible.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
theogt;2774873 said:
Oh, I don't think Lambert will have much of a career either. He has some music out pre-Idol and it's terrible.

He is what we refer to as a "Johnny Bravo".

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;2774479 said:
I don't know, I've never heard Madonna really belt out a tune. I think there are singers and there are entertainers and very rarely, you'll find someone that is both. I'd classify Lady Gaga as an entertainer and I think it's fair to say you're probably not the audience her handlers are targeting.

I think probably 99% of the people that go on Idol are just singers, Adam hasn't made it so far and gotten all this hype because his vocals are the best that have ever been on idol, it's because he's dramatic, he's an entertainer.

What is Simon going to say to one of those performers that has already made it, it would come off comical since they already have legions of fans. It doesn't mean everyone likes them, just like we both don't like Madonna, but someone obviously enjoys her.
I can't argue with that because it is dead right. I still think those 2 performances absolutely sucked because the vocals were garbage.

kristie

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2775459 said:
Who do you all think will have a better career.

Kris Allen or Jason Castro?

kris allen because i think he has a better voice & can do more with a song then castro can in terms of arrangement.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2775459 said:
Who do you all think will have a better career.

Kris Allen or Jason Castro?

Kris Allen, because he will appeal to a wider range of audience. Plus his skills are a bit more polished.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
That was the worst coronation song ever written. UGH. But I think Kris sounded better on it.

I think Kris won 2 out of the 3 rounds.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2780307 said:
That was the worst coronation song ever written. UGH. But I think Kris sounded better on it.

If America votes on ability to sing Kris will win. If they fall for the pimping the judges do, then The screaming meamie will win.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2780307 said:

Yeah, 2 out of 3 for Kris. But it's probably not enough. I thought the final song was written terribly when Adam sang it, but Kris actually made it sound like it could possibly be on the radio.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I thought the last song was horrible too. Both singers bombed it. No idea who is going to win. I was going to text a vote for Kris but forgot. Hope he doesn't lose by one vote. I thougth the final show sucked too. The 2nd song they picked for Kris was bad too. Boring show.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
In my opinion if this is close, it is because Adam blew it. He should have done the Led Zeppelin song for his 1st one instead of Mad World. It's not that I don't like his version of that song, it's just that basically he had 3 ballads. Not his strength. His strength was belting out vocals.

Kris sounded awful to me on the last song. It was too high a key for him. He sounded great on the other two.

I never like the "winning song." Haven't from season 1 and still don't. I wish it was a different format. I don't like hearing the same song twice in a row like that.

Adam was not my favorite contestant (Allison was) but he is the best performer on this season. Danny was the best singer. Kris is the perfect person to go up against Adam for tonight because he can make a song his own too. I wish he had done that with the 2nd song.

Adam wins, but I'll root for Kris.

kristie

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2780311 said:
If America votes on ability to sing Kris will win. If they fall for the pimping the judges do, then The screaming meamie will win.

screaming meamie...:lmao:

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
The he-she is gunna win.

If there is one thing that pissess me off the most, it's that the judges sit there and praise Adam for being an "artist".......

I'm sorry, but between the two left in this competition, Kris is the artist. First of all, I haven't seen Adam with anything but a microphone in his hand, and two, Adam has nothing on Kris when it comes to arranging a piece of music.

Kris is by far the better package of talent. I think Simon has the hots for Adam.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;2780311 said:

:laugh2: :laugh2:

riptide.jpg