American Idol season 8

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hostile;2780545 said:
In my opinion if this is close, it is because Adam blew it. He should have done the Led Zeppelin song for his 1st one instead of Mad World. It's not that I don't like his version of that song, it's just that basically he had 3 ballads. Not his strength. His strength was belting out vocals.

Kris sounded awful to me on the last song. It was too high a key for him. He sounded great on the other two.

I never like the "winning song." Haven't from season 1 and still don't. I wish it was a different format. I don't like hearing the same song twice in a row like that.

Adam was not my favorite contestant (Allison was) but he is the best performer on this season. Danny was the best singer. Kris is the perfect person to go up against Adam for tonight because he can make a song his own too. I wish he had done that with the 2nd song.

Adam wins, but I'll root for Kris.
My gut feeling that Adam blew it turns out to be true. 3 ballads was too safe.

By far the best final show they have ever had.

Highlight of the night to me, was Kara Dioguardi absolutely pimp slapping Bikini Girl. I guarantee I will watch that on youtube over and over. She had no idea Kara was going to not only sing with her but make her look stupid too. Ryan actually made me laugh too. "I was going to ask you what's new but it's obvious." Boob job!

A close 2nd was Adam singing with Kiss. Whether you liked Adam or not, that was very cool.

Kris is such a likable guy. Loved seeing him breaking down with his wife at the end. First married Idol winner. I hope he goes to country music. I am encouraged that he sang with Keith Urban. Great duet BTW.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;2781686 said:

Highlight of the night to me, was Kara Dioguardi absolutely pimp slapping Bikini Girl. I guarantee I will watch that on youtube over and over. She had no idea Kara was going to not only sing with her but make her look stupid too. Ryan actually made me laugh too. "I was going to ask you what's new but it's obvious." Boob job!

A close 2nd was Adam singing with Kiss. Whether you liked Adam or not, that was very cool.

Kris is such a likable guy. Loved seeing him breaking down with his wife at the end. First married Idol winner. I hope he goes to country music. I am encouraged that he sang with Keith Urban. Great duet BTW.
What I'm thinking is that if it was very close between Adam and Kris when there were three left, it might not have even been close at all when it was just the two of them.

The reason being that the majority of the Gokey voters would have split to Kris, rather than Adam. So Adam may not have had the chance to "blow it." Typically when it's a close vote, Ryan says as much. He didn't even mention it being close tonight.

I think Adam looked better tonight, but that was in large part because they were singing songs perfectly suited for him -- having Kris and Adam sing Queen together? That's not fair at all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;2781699 said:
What I'm thinking is that if it was very close between Adam and Kris when there were three left, it might not have even been close at all when it was just the two of them.

The reason being that the majority of the Gokey voters would have split to Kris, rather than Adam. So Adam may not have had the chance to "blow it." Typically when it's a close vote, Ryan says as much. He didn't even mention it being close tonight.
My wife said basically the same thing.

kristie

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2781616 said:
The best left won.

Congrats to Kris.

He will do extremely well.

A year from now you won't remember Adam's last name.

*happily dances around the room* :D

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Gay or not, Adam brought it week in and week out, Chris is good but Adam can sing any song, really doesn't matter, the winner normally has good careers while the runner ups normally has just as good careers.

For Example... Clay, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry. I think both will have good careers, I just think Adam will be better....

BTW the reason why they had close to 100 million votes is because you can vote 1000 time in 4 hours..... Just think if a call center donates 4 hours on an automatic Dailer for their favorite singer no way the other contestant can win...

xout

Believer
Reaction score
Kris is the more marketable pop star. Yeah, I think Lambert is an amazing entertainer, but Allen is the true artist. Allen was able to turn any song into his own, while Lambert seemed to just be acting his way into each song (with the exception of Ring of Fire, his version was brilliant)

Both will have great careers. If Lambert can tone down his flaming personality he will find a home in rock somewhere. Hell - he can front a Queen reunion tour. If not - he can always go back to broadway and continue to shine there.

Kris will have a huge career as I think he can be marketed in anyway he wants to be. He could sing country - he can sing pop rock, and he can even pull off r&b. He's a true musician/artist and will be successfull.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2781686 said:

I had no idea Kara did that. I was watching the basketball game. That was great. Kara showed her up in every way. :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2781770 said:
I had no idea Kara did that. I was watching the basketball game. That was great. Kara showed her up in every way. :laugh2:
It was hilarious.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Congrats to Kris, he was breaking through as the best artist in this competition since the top five, so this was not as big a surprise as the judges hyped it up to be. I was almost hoping he would lose after Tuesday night because that song Kara wrote is pretty wretched and I don't want to see him (or anyone else) sing it again.

Good luck to all of the top five, there was a lot of talent this year that could show up on the charts if they get good management and stick to their genre of music.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Kris is the 1st married person to win the competition. He is also a pretty good Kid. He has taken several mission trips for his church and is the Worship Leader at his church. I hope he goes a long way. Nice guys don't always have to finish last. Plus the kid is really talented in arranging songs his way.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Yay, I'm so happy for Kris. I was shocked! :p:

And dang, Kara can sing really well!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DCgirl13;2781890 said:
Yay, I'm so happy for Kris. I was shocked! :p:

And dang, Kara can sing really well!

My wife was talking to my 10 year old niece when it was announced. She said it was bogus. :laugh2:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2781906 said:
Nah she looks good the way she is.

Krusty White and Tight (body)! That's a good way to go through life right there.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2781925 said:
Krusty White and Tight (body)! That's a good way to go through life right there.

Better than looking orange from too many trips to the tanning bed :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2781938 said:

I believe the orange comes from using those fake tan lotions heh. That is some nasty stuff. Skin that looks like a prune comes from tanning beds.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2781938 said:
There's a happy medium somewhere -- we had both extremes last night.