Amon Ra St Brown signs New deal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea, but Brown also had to fight for touches, since the Lions rb had over 400 carriers combined. And even if you're just comparing last season, Brown was ranked 3rd in yards (CD was second) and tied for 2nd in catches (CD was first). So i still dont see how Lamb is in another tier
Well a few things…..

Dak and Lamb didn’t start the season off too hot. He had some pedestrian games and their connection didn’t take off until week 6 aside from the Jets game.

Also….

phildadon86

Reaction score
Listen to you. You claim that a front office with 37 wins in the last 3 seasons are football idiots. Any team that wins 12 games is competing.
37 regular season wins!

Awesome.

Why hasnt that translated to post-season wins?

Rayman70

Reaction score
this signing wasnt a leaf, it was an entire tree falling. What now JJ?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
You know...the value in signing guys like Lamb before guys like Brown sign is yea, you may slightly over pay...but you often force them to over pay

Now, Lamb is going to see this deal and raise the floor of his negotiations some

In essence, Tyrek Hill was the highest paid WR at 30 APY so we could have matched...maybe added a little more due to the cap going up since he signed and called it a day

Now? Lamb can look at Brown and say I'm better, if he gets 30 I should get 35...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry is scrambling trying to figure out how his analytic dept failed him. lol ..Now CD will want about 80 fully guaranteed. I will say this, not sure I would pay ceedee that much. Receivers can be had in this draft much cheaper and serviceable.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
This was done probably because Goff maybe out after this year and probably get a qb in the draft or a veteran who made their money already.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Good to Great players always get what the market dictates. There’s no mystery at any position what it will take to retain a player with high value like Cedee. The NFL is just like all other businesses when it comes to market value. You get what you pay for. There are zero mysteries.

When the Jones talk about waiting for the “leaves to fall”, being “comfortable with ambiguity” or “We don’t set the market”, they look and sound exactly like what they are: Football idiots on how to build a roster that can seriously compete for a championship.

They are great at making money. They are pitifully under-equipped to lead an NFL front office in the cap era. The evidence is overwhelming. They are hillbillies playing fantasy football and it is no longer even in question.
Exactly, Bon. They are so afraid of overpaying that they wait until others set the market. If they'd go ahead and set the market for these 3 players, they would then be behind the market for the rest of the contracts as others move past them. I don't understand their approach at all to the guys they have to sign. Dak is no superstar, but he's a franchise QB they had to sign and should have signed long before any franchise tags, etc. They created his mess on their own after seeing it happen in Washington with Cousins. But then again, I'm not a billionaire, so what do i know.

John813

Reaction score
Good re-signing for the Lions.
St. Brown has been great for them.
Could be a deal like Hill's where the last year is artificially inflated/never will play on it.

rambo2

Reaction score
LOL.

Out of 3 appearances.

Whats the win percentage there?

Yay the Cowboys win 33.3 percent of the time.

Thats good enough for you?

Expect more.
We will see what happens going forward. They are in position to get double digit wins again.

Sydla

Reaction score
RJ Ochoa is clueless if he believes St. Brown's contract was a starting point for Lamb. St. Brown would be a solid #1 wide receiver asset in every offensive in the league but he is not Lamb.
He's right. St Brown just signed what stacks up as well or better than what Hill got, who was the highest paid WR at this point.

Lamb is better than St Brown. Hence RJs point, St Brown just made Lamb more expensive.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good to Great players always get what the market dictates. There’s no mystery at any position what it will take to retain a player with high value like Cedee. The NFL is just like all other businesses when it comes to market value. You get what you pay for. There are zero mysteries.

When the Jones talk about waiting for the “leaves to fall”, being “comfortable with ambiguity” or “We don’t set the market”, they look and sound exactly like what they are: Football idiots on how to build a roster that can seriously compete for a championship.

They are great at making money. They are pitifully under-equipped to lead an NFL front office in the cap era. The evidence is overwhelming. They are hillbillies playing fantasy football and it is no longer even in question.
Our front office makes the same sequence of mistakes pretty often:

Step 1: They know they clearly have a very good player by year 3 and that they will definitely want to resign them.

Step 2: Refuse to hold meaningful contract negotiations in order to "let the leaves fall"

Step 3: Player's market value continues to increase with continued great play + rising market at their position value over time.

Step 4: Cowboys front office has absolutely zero leverage as the rookie deal runs out and has to sign a market setting deal when they could have had the player for 15-25% cheaper the previous offseason.

I will give them credit for the Diggs deal. It is a textbook example of how teams should be operating with proven All-Pro Players after their 3rd season. His injury was a tough break, but not on the front office.

What is even more maddening is that they will go ahead and sign huge deals early or coming off of serious injury with unproven commodities or just poor investments given positional value i.e Zeke, Jaylon Smith, Steele, Gallup, etc.

Sydla

Reaction score
You make it sound like CD is so much better. Brown is not far behind
You can quibble with the gap all you want but Lamb is viewed as a better WR. And St Brown just signed the largest contract in terms of AAV (tied) and guaranteed money. If the Cowboys had any delusions that they could sign Lamb for say what Hill got, put that out of your mind.

He's now going to demand and get more.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry is scrambling trying to figure out how his analytic dept failed him. lol ..Now CD will want about 80 fully guaranteed. I will say this, not sure I would pay ceedee that much. Receivers can be had in this draft much cheaper and serviceable.
Yeah but why draft a receiver when you have one and you can use that pick on a actual need?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
RJ Ochoa is clueless if he believes St. Brown's contract was a starting point for Lamb. St. Brown would be a solid #1 wide receiver asset in every offensive in the league but he is not Lamb.
How is he clueless? What is he saying wrong? He’s right. He’s saying the same thing you are saying isn’t he? He’s not saying they are the same guy.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We will see what happens going forward. They are in position to get double digit wins again.
No they arent.

They are worse than last year and dont have enough draft picks even if they knock the draft out of the park and hit on every single pick to make up the gap on paper that Philly has created.