An interesting question to ask...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Was pretty young...too young to even know what was going on.

But it was either the year the Manster was a rook or the year after that.

Not much as changed since then ;)

bigDfan

Reaction score
I was born in '70s, and the my first memory of football was created when I saw the star. Born and raised 100 miles southwest of Atlanta, I must have been mighty luckky that I didn't see a Falcon first....otherwise I would have had a lifetime of heartache and despair....I now live in Atlanta and it is almost comical - the locals are holding their collective breaths for a back-to-back winning season. I proudly made it through the 1-15 season and held my head high. We Cowboy fans were rewarded with 3 superbowl titles to follow. To this day, my favorite phrase is still "How 'bout them Cowboys!!!?"

peacockaja

Reaction score
A fan since the first grade. About 33 years or so now and counting through good and bad.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
66 or 67 ... pro football was a lot different back then, and so was the TV coverage, or lack of it.

There was maybe one game on Sunday, and no highlight shows.

I loved Chuck Howley and the :star: on his helmet.

Duane

Reaction score
Fan since about 77. That's as far back as I can remember.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I have been a fan since their innaugural season in 1960 (I was seven at the time. I was born and raised in Denton, about 25 miles from Dallas).

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Not much as changed since then ;)

And that is why I love you...because we have so much in common...and your wife does sexy photoshops. :eek: ;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
And that is why I love you...because we have so much in common...and your wife does sexy photoshops. :eek: ;)
WHOA!!!! I don't swing that way but yeah the Mrs is very good with Photoshops :D

kycowboyfan

Reaction score
I have been a Cowboys fan for as long as I can remember, and being 43 years old that is quite awhile, LOL. My first memories of the Boys go back to Staubach and Landry. I was always the "cowboys" at any game that involved football, from recess to electric football and everthing in between. I even had my own cowboys uniform, I still have the helmet with the star. Never once have I ever had a moment when I was not a Fan. OK I admit when Jones fired Landry I cancelled my subscription to the Dallas Cowboys Weekly in protest, but I still never missed a game when they were on. I have seen my friends through the years change their allegiance to teams, but never me. They all know that I am now and always a Cowboys fan.. Go Cowboys!!, and Go Kentucky Wildcats!!

Champsheart

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
How many of y'all have been a fan of this team - and THIS team only - prior to, oh let's say, 1990?

An interesting dynamic methinks to see how many of "us" are long-timers (such as moi), bandwagon jumpers since the days of Jimmy, Jerry, and the 'boys, or those who are becoming new fans.

:starspin

I have been a fan since I knew what football was.

I was born in 1970, and began to like and understand football when I was about 6 years old.

I was born in Irving TX, but moved from there when I was a little kid.

For me even as a child the Dallas Cowboys was always my connection to my birth place.

Tony Dorsett was my hero as a kid growing up, and my Father and I always watched the Cowboy games together.

The Cowboys are in my blood, and always have been.

CowboyExpress

Reaction score
Well I can't give an exact year but it was early 80s. 6-7 years old. Never liked another team. Sat through the 1-15 season, and the laggering seasons leading up to that. Saw the rise and fall of the greatest Dynasty ever in the 90's. Pulled myself through the 5-15 seasons. And still here ready for more of whatever they throw my direction to cheer for! My blood is silver and I'd spill it to prove it.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
In 1971 when I was 6, My brother who lives in Ft Worth took me on a tour of Texas Stadium, I was hooked when I saw the Star at midfield!. I blame him for all the Money I've spent since on Tickets, Merchandise, etc.. the :suxskins: :skins: :dissskin: 1st season I really remember was 72.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Born 1959

Fan since maybe I was old enough to realize what football was.

As little kid In In East Tennessee, living in a rural area we didn't have cable TV back in those days. We only got 2 channels by antenna but my first exposure to the Cowboys was on a snowy black and white tv when I was a kid.

I remember watching a team called the Raiders as well, who had a good QB named Darryl Lamonica but I was totally captivated by the team with the Star and a classy coach named Tom Landry.

I am proud to say I was the first Cowboy fan in my family, and as a result now all of my family and another generation is following Americas Team.

I saw all the great moments. Our first Superbowl win. The hail mary. the mad bomber. Doomsday. right up to this current team. I made my first ever trip to Texas last year and got to stand on the star. AWESOME!!!

So yeah, you youngin's stay out of my yard too. :D

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Born in 1970, first game I can remember was the first Pittsburgh Super Bowl in Jan. '76. Been a fan since.

ljs44

Reaction score
born in '72.

Been a fan as long as I can remember, probably starting in like 77'-78'. Been up and down and all around. But wouldn't change anything. The best franchise in pro sports, bar none.

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
December 31, 1967.....I was 9 years old, watching the ICE BOWL.....Dallas vs. GB.....watching an old black and white monitor in the den of a farm house with 3 uncles who were smoking and sipping on whiskey. I fell in love with the underdogs and have been a loyal fan for 39 years.

*** Which, by the way, doesn't mean I have to drink the kool-aid or apologise for criticising the team when they deserve it.

30yrheel

Reaction score
been a fan since 1969, i was 10 years old. remember pulling for the boys against the colts in the super bowl. Staubach was and still is my favorite all time player.