And this is why we need a new QB

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I put money on it that you couldn't complete that play more than Dak. You can't name a single QB that has made that pass every single time. It doesn't exist, even the best QBs over throw or miss throws.

I see you haven't commented on all the other deep passes Dak has completed. You wait until 1 miss overthrow to jump on and talk you're stupid and false agenda.

Yet...I have video to prove my point. Need more? :)

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I was actually at camp today and right when that play happened my son and I both looked at each other and said "seriously"? On another note Dak made just about every other throw during offense vs defense. That being said the majority were under 5 yards for what thats worth. Not one deep shot at all.
Have you been to any of the other practices? Dak hasn't been perfect on the deep throws but seems he has improved and connects more than he misses.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Last year I bashed the hell out of Dak. I’m giving him a chance because it’s a new season and trying to start fresh. I’m going to wait to see his performance in games when they count however, my patience is just a little above the midway point siding with positivity. Show me.

I could buy into that...but it's videos like this that show you...he is what he is....and these demands for 30 million a year are just absurd. :rolleyes:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dam, some of you guys are as dense as a rock. Maybe if I talk real slow and use all caps some of yall can understand this.

IT TAKES TIME TO GET IN SYNC WITH NEW PLAYERS!!!

Throwing a deep ball is not as easy as it looks, especially with new players you have never played with before. This is not Madden where you just plug in a WR and your QB has perfect chemistry with him from day 1 and never misses a pass.

Look, I have criticized Dak just as much as the next guy, still feel Romo should have been given the job back, but to criticize Dak for missing a fade route throwing to a player he has never played with in a game before is just f'ing ridiculous.

unreeaal

Reaction score
Have you been to any of the other practices? Dak hasn't been perfect on the deep throws but seems he has improved and connects more than he misses.

Today's only practice I went to but he seriously didnt attempt another pass the entire day (at least with a defense) or more than 8-10 yards. I did see a few more plays, misdirections, backside screens etc. It was so weird to see plays that actually kinda fooled me. Cant say that for the last 10 years

bodi

Reaction score
like i said all WR'S need a 6' catch radius to catch his balls

i much rather pay zeke and let this guy go and trade away all our draft picks for the top QB next year

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Today's only practice I went to but he seriously didnt attempt another pass the entire day (at least with a defense) or more than 8-10 yards. I did see a few more plays, misdirections, backside screens etc. It was so weird to see plays that actually kinda fooled me. Cant say that for the last 10 years
I wasn't at practice today but got some film to watch. Dak has been better on deep passes, going with you on he only threw that 1 to Pollard today. I'm excited for this offense as well, I haven't been able to call all the plays out like before.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I was actually at camp today and right when that play happened my son and I both looked at each other and said "seriously"? On another note Dak made just about every other throw during offense vs defense. That being said the majority were under 5 yards for what thats worth. Not one deep shot at all.
Dam, some of you guys are as dense as a rock. Maybe if I talk real slow and use all caps some of yall can understand this.

Throwing a deep ball is not as easy as it looks, especially with new players you have never played with before. This is not Madden where you just plug in a WR and your QB has perfect chemistry with him from day 1 and never misses a pass.

Look, I have criticized Dak just as much as the next guy, still feel Romo should have been given the job back, but to criticize Dak for missing a fade route throwing to a player he has never played with in a game before is just f'ing ridiculous.

Sadly though...this wasn't a game. This was a one on one session w/ no pressure. I seriously don't know how you over throw a guy w/ 4.3 speed that far. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what the hell happened there...but there it is...in color...for the whole world to see.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Today's only practice I went to but he seriously didnt attempt another pass the entire day (at least with a defense) or more than 8-10 yards. I did see a few more plays, misdirections, backside screens etc. It was so weird to see plays that actually kinda fooled me. Cant say that for the last 10 years[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Boise State football...:laugh: Trust me...there will be a handful of plays this year where no one will know where the football is...and you will be hitting the rewind button like 10 times to figure out what just happened.

Flamma

Reaction score

Look, I don't think it's a big deal he missed a stupid throw. But your average 10th grader can make that throw. You don't need time to be in sync with your WRs to judge speed and lead a WR. Just about any athlete can do it while not under pressure. It doesn't take a lot of skill to make that pass free of pressure. But at the same time I'm not going to make much of it. It's not really a big deal under the circumstances.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The rumor (often-repeated) is that Troy Aikman used to make every single throw in practice. He's the only QB I've ever heard anyone make that claim about.
Troy had a few practices where the ball didn't hit the ground.
Not every practice,but some.

Tony had a few of those later in his career too, btw.
And in the 2nd half of his last playoff game, the only one to hit the ground was the Dez suppossed drop.

But this overreacting over bad practice passes is silly.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dak isn't going anywhere. He is the QB of this team yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Learn it
Love it
Live it

If not, you're gonna be one miserable #*+

I can see Kellen forcing managements hand if Dak proves he can't handle his offense. He's already got one up on Dak...where the front office doesn't wanna pay 30 million for a questionable QB. :rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Troy had a few practices where the ball didn't hit the ground.
Not every practice,but some.

Tony had a few of those later in his career too, btw.
And in the 2nd half of his last playoff game, the only one to hit the ground was the Dez suppossed drop.

But this overreacting over bad practice passes is silly.

I would agree....but this isn't just something that is random. We've seen it over and over. It's been a focus all off season...yet here we are...and it's still happening. Let's put it this way....If he was just missing passes...incompletions... It would be one thing. But we are talking about passes that should be scores. We are talking about taking points off the board. And here is an analogy to prove my point even further...

How long do you hang on to a kicker that starts shanking kicks and costing you points??? In Dallas' case...w/ Dan Bailey...not very long. So why should Dak be any different? Especially considering how much money he's asking for. If your gonna pay that amount of money...that guy better not have a case of the yipps or shanks.

Get my point? :popcorn:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How on earth can a guy miss this throw???? Like I've been saying...they guy literally couldn't hit water from a boat. No pressure what so ever....and he misses Pollard by 5 yards. Just inexcusable. And definately not worth 30 million.

The painful part with Dak is not just the missing, but missing *long* when the WR has 4 or 5 yards on the defender. He should be using that separation to make the reception more likely by taking a couple of yards off the throw.

And he missed by a *lot*. No play. No players. Just standing there playing pitch and catch.

Dak seems to be like Butch Cassidy. "I'm better when I move." Being able to stand and aim makes him worse. Bad.

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Weak trolling gets 5+ pages?

Well...if the first tweet wasn't bad enough...You literally could stack a Witten on top of another Witten...and he still wouldn't have been able to get a finger on that ball. That's how far over Jason's head this Dak ball was...After seeing this...I'm officially getting worried that the media has been feeding us crap the whole time.