And with the 18th pick the Cowboys pick....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bbgun said:
I dare say we lost more games last year due to the lack of a quality FS than a quality OLB.

and we lost WAY more games than because of those two positions combined because this OL couldnt block their way out of a wet paperbag after Adams went down

David

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
You'd be wrong too.

WAS: Missed FG, 2 TDs over Glenn and Williams.

OAK: Running game killed us, failed on 4th down late.

SEA: Missed FG, INT set up winning kick.

DEN: Missed FG, long run set up winning kick.

NYG: No TDs 152 yards passing for NY, Bledsoe had 4 turnovers, Barber ran for 115.

WAS: Brunnell threw for only 163. Portis and Betts both had good games. Cooley beat LB and SS coverage.

STL: The team played like the season was over.

Where is this smoking gun at FS?:rolleyes:

Sorry, but you appear to have your thumb on the scale. Throw out the Seattle and NYG games, since they had little to do with FS or LB.

Wash: are you seriously excusing FS because Glenn was a nickel back on those plays?? Like a ball-hawking FS wouldn't have made a difference?

Oakland: are you forgetting about Randy Moss being left all alone on the first series, leading to a score? You blame that on LBs?

Denver: Roy missed the Dayne tackle, not an OLB.

2nd Wash game: everyone sucked

And what about the games we narrowly won? SF amassed an early lead due to success in the air. The Carolina game was much closer than it needed to be due to a scorched secondary. KC? Well, considering their success in the air and on the ground, nobody escapes blame.

blindzebra

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Sorry, but you appear to have your thumb on the scale. Throw out the Seattle and NYG games, since they had little to do with FS or LB.

Wash: are you seriously excusing FS because Glenn was a nickel back on those plays?? Like a ball-hawking FS wouldn't have made a difference?

Oakland: are you forgetting about Randy Moss being left all alone on the first series, leading to a score? You blame that on LBs?

Denver: Roy missed the Dayne tackle, not an OLB.

2nd Wash game: everyone sucked

And what about the games we narrowly won? SF amassed an early lead due to success in the air. The Carolina game was much closer than it needed to be due to a scorched secondary. KC? Well, considering their success in the air and on the ground, nobody escapes blame.

WAS cover 2 with Glenn and Roy, FS had NOTHING to do with it.

Moss beat Ware who missed his jam in base D, so YES LB had something to do with it, and you are saying that the FG they got played a bigger role than all the yards Jordan got?

Your exact quote was FS cost us games, not a freaking game was lost directly because of FS.

Could we use an upgrade at FS? Yes.

Is it more important, FOR A 3-4 DEFENSE,than adding playmakers at LB?

HELL NO!

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
How's the weather there in your dimension?

Or is it another planet? Whichever.

I read the thread, and the only one getting owned here is you, Chico.

chico? you have me confused with your boyfriend.

didnt I ask you to stay out of this? why do you feel the need to interject? Is it an attention thing? Do you need some attention? Do you need to feel wanted and appreciated?

Dont make me take you to school like I did hostile. This ownage business is no fun for the owned, just ask him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
chico? you have me confused with your boyfriend.

didnt I ask you to stay out of this? why do you feel the need to interject? Is it an attention thing? Do you need some attention? Do you need to feel wanted and appreciated?

Dont make me take you to school like I did hostile. This ownage business is no fun for the owned, just ask him.
If you raise your right hand you'll find the only vote you're going to get on who got owned kid.

ghst187

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

We have a trade. Cowboys trade there 18 selection in the first round to (insert team here) and, in exchange receive (insert team here) 2nd and 3rd round selections, numbers (insert overall draft pick number's here) and (insert team here) 1st round pick in the 2007 NFL draft. (Insert team here) is on the clock.

We have a trade. (insert team here) trade the (insert top 5 pick here) pick to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for Dallas' 1st round picks, numbers (insert overall draft pick numbers here) and Dallas 3rd round pick (insert overall draft pick number here).

Dallas is on the clock. With the (insert top 5 pick here), The Dallas Cowboys select Brady Quinn, Quarterback, University of Notre Dame.

;)

That's my dream. This year, we are able to get Manny Lawson at the first of round 2, Jason Allen using our own pick in round 2, Davin Joseph and WR Jennings in the third.
Next year...Brady Quinn...
That's my Cowboy dream.

PJCOWBOYS

Reaction score
Now this is exactly why I love message boards.

Own me, own me, please! Someone own me! I want to be owned darnit!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
PJCOWBOYS said:
Now this is exactly why I love message boards.

Own me, own me, please! Someone own me! I want to be owned darnit!
LOL

You're too anxious.

Best post in the thread though.

PJCOWBOYS

Reaction score
This is nothing. You should check out ESPN message boards, especially the NBA boards. Every other word is $%#% this or that.

Hostile said:
LOL

You're too anxious.

Best post in the thread though.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
superpunk said:
You can all go straight to hell.

We're picking a Punter to provide ST depth.

If you don't think so, you're probably baloney.

Baloney is steak's ******** cousin....

If you're eating steak, something specials happening.

If you're eating baloney, you might be special.

:lmao: :lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
PJCOWBOYS said:
This is nothing. You should check out ESPN message boards, especially the NBA boards. Every other word is $%#% this or that.
That is why I post here. There's always some mouth breather who thinks saying something with foul language makes them funny or tough or clever or the forum freer. I've never been drawn to illusions.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
If you raise your right hand you'll find the only vote you're going to get on who got owned kid.

you got your flock of sheep, I got mine.

you got owned man, its ok really, it happens to everyone from time to time. Give me props for making you look stupid and better luck next time.

ps.... owned.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
you got your flock of sheep, I got mine.

you got owned man, its ok really, it happens to everyone from time to time. Give me props for making you look stupid and better luck next time.

ps.... owned.
Just a piece of advice you might want to consider so this doesn't happen to you again. When the Q-tip starts hurting, stop pushing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
oh and Im not your kid, tough guy.
And now an English lesson. I did not use the word "my" so you can drop the mock shock that I called you my child. I do not consider the word kid an insult. If you do you might want to grow up.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Just a piece of advice you might want to consider so this doesn't happen to you again. When the Q-tip starts hurting, stop pushing.

dude stop, youve been owned, no need to prolong your agony.

No need to have the last word, these guys will still respect you.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Its the offseason, and FA is always a peak point this time of year on the boards, but I have to admit that watching "the new kid" on the block, bring some heat to a poster that has reached a "legend" status on this board, with over 22,000 posts, is amusing to say the least.

I will give you this, you pick the biggest guy in the group to start swinging at. :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
dude stop, youve been owned, no need to prolong your agony.

No need to have the last word, these guys will still respect you.
I've heard this song before. It's still out of tune real bad.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
you have to have the last word dont you?
When I see it nagging at you like this, you bet. I love it when someone claims victory after offering nothing to back it up. It's hilarious. By all means, keep the entertainment coming.