Andy Dalton Vs Tony Romo

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Dalton has one of the best defenses in the NFL, a better offensive line, a stud WR in AJ Green, and the guy is still a failure.

Be careful making those statements if you're trying to say THAT'S what makes him a loser. TR has had arguably more than that and still flopped. Of course, having a top defense, better offensive line and stud recievers usually gets you to the playoffs and is kind of a hindsight thing.

I think Dalton is a pretty good QB and makes the same boneheaded throws at times that our own TR makes. He's younger, so naturally his ability to run faster is better than TR at this stage in his career. I think it's a fair comparison if you back up TR a few years...probably close in terms of talent.

The Natural

Reaction score
Are you serious? The guy has WON a Super Bowl and carried that team through some AWFUL olines (far worse than Romo's), no running game and a roller coaster defense every season and missed the playoffs once.

I know you're a huge Romo supporter, but don't try to use Rodgers as an example of guys who need to be exposed in the name of choking. Romo and Rodgers have NOTHING in common when it comes to the art of the "choke".

I cant believe there are posters here really trying to put Rodgers on the cross to justify Romo's playoff record

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I know he won a SB and I think he's one of the top 3 in the game. The fact remains though that outside of that one season, his playoff record is bad (if QBs are going to get stuck with the record) and he has been mediocre-bad in most of them outside the SB season. One SB ring shouldn't alleviate you from media BS forever.

Rodgers is only 30, he's going to get to another Super Bowl....you can pretty much book it as long as he stays healthy.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I cant believe there are posters here really trying to put Rodgers on the cross to justify Romo's playoff record

Rodgers put himself on the cross by getting outran AND out passed by Copernicus. And for choking a 15-1 season down the drain. And for having less playoff wins at Lambeau than Eli Manning. It's a fair question... how long does one fluke season get you a pass? Brees and Peyton could face the same question. Romo haters exploding with fake rage doesn't answer it, unfortunately.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Rodgers put himself on the cross by getting outran AND out passed by Copernicus. And for choking a 15-1 season down the drain. And for having less playoff wins at Lambeau than Eli Manning. It's a fair question... how long does one fluke season get you a pass? Brees and Peyton could face the same question. Romo haters exploding with fake rage doesn't answer it, unfortunately.

Boy I sure would love for Romo to have a "fluke" season and win a title like Rodgers.

The Natural

Reaction score

If Rodgers was QB for the Cowboys he'd have 2 rings right now

Nation

Reaction score

What year would he have won the Super Bowl? We've been in the bottom ten in defensive passer rating for four years running (as the Packers were this year) and I think Rodgers could get us to the playoffs with that, but not win 3-4 straight in the playoffs. Keep in mind the Super Bowl that Rodgers won was with the #1 Defensive Passer Rating in the league that year.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
It will be nice in 1-2 years from now to never have these Romo debates again. Glad his career is coming to an end and we can move on.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Some people STILL do not get it. We have lost games (like Denver) when Romo puts up 48 points. MOST of these guys are really not in Romo's league. Brady, Brees, Manning....those guys are clearly better. But when I hear some of the names of guys that are better than Romo...I challenge you to put them on our team...put them under the bright lights of Dallas...put them in the dysfunction of Dallas...and let's see how they do. Romo cannot win games scoring 24 points. He has the pressure to put up lots of points..he has the pressure to play for Jerry Jones (notice I did not say Garrett)....like I said there are 5 or less QBs that could win in Dallas like they win for their perspective teams.

Heck Kapernick had several INTs dropped by Green Bay that would seal his fate...because the defender dropped them...does that mean he did NOT make a poor decision?

Andrew Luck was well on his way to being a goat...but KC had to completley change their gameplan on the fly as player after player went down. Give Luck credit for hanging in there. But once you are down 28...there is no pressure...it is not hard to let it all hang out

The Natural

Reaction score
Some people STILL do not get it. We have lost games (like Denver) when Romo puts up 48 points

Here's the thing though..With 3 minutes (maybe a little more or less, I dont remember) the Cowboys had the ball, and the score was 48-48. So throw those 48 points out the window, at THAT moment its a 0-0 ball game, and you have a chance to go down the field for the win. Tell us all what happened.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Here's the thing though..With 3 minutes (maybe a little more or less, I dont remember) the Cowboys had the ball, and the score was 48-48. So throw those 48 points out the window, at THAT moment its a 0-0 ball game, and you have a chance to go down the field for the win. Tell us all what happened.
Again...because Romo could not put up 50 points...HE is the problem? Instead of recognizing that had Romo had the game the MAJORITY of NFL QBs have....we would not even be close enough for Romo to be the problem. We would be dicussing the fact that the defense gave up 50. Romo put himself in position to be criticized by balling like no other...other than Manning. So if at the end of the day your argument was that Romo was not Peyton...I would counter...who is?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

laughing-smiley-004.gif

Wow.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dalton was razor precise in throwing passes to San Diego... if Romo was that accurate on his throws to Cowboys WRs, he'd have a 100% completion rating.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Romo has had for more losses like Alex Smith's than Andy Dalton's.

johnson2

Reaction score

i remember him getting us the lead late in that game... how many game winning drives must he make each game?

what makes you think rodgers would have 2 superbowls in dallas when he only has 1 in green bay and they have better defense and coaching than us every year? maybe you missed my last post where it mentioned that rodgers brady peyton and brees have never won a superbowl with over 80 def qb rating and tony has only had 1 season in his career under 80.

that avg def qb rating for sb champs since 2000 is 70. romos best def qb rating in his career is 75 and we went 13-3. his next best def qb rating is basically higher than any sb champ since 2000.

what does this all tell you ? that the best qbs to ever play the game have NEVER and most likely will not win a superbowl with a defense like dallas'

The Natural

Reaction score
Again...because Romo could not put up 50 points...HE is the problem? Instead of recognizing that had Romo had the game the MAJORITY of NFL QBs have....we would not even be close enough for Romo to be the problem. We would be dicussing the fact that the defense gave up 50. Romo put himself in position to be criticized by balling like no other...other than Manning. So if at the end of the day your argument was that Romo was not Peyton...I would counter...who is?

At the end of the day. My argument is regardless of how many points were scored, you still had the ball with a chance to win the game. Thats all that matters. You all are just going to continue to make excuses for this guy

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, was it just me or was GB getting away with a lot of obvious rape in that game?