Another sign we’re close?

ESisback

Reaction score
few know this but a former friend of mine, Stephen hawking, was called "wheels" by his friends. he thought it was funny. and admiral rickover, someone I admired much was nicknamed azz hole, but never to his face. he wouldn't have liked it. in the deep south, booger and bubba are common nicknames. so are goober and gomer.

Gomer always took his girlfriend, Louanne Poovey, to the “Godziller” pictures! She called him “Go-ma”.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gomer always took his girlfriend, Louanne Poovey, to the “Godziller” pictures! She called him “Go-ma”.
But they didn't take Hawking along with them because they didn't have handicapped seating at theaters back then.

ESisback

Reaction score
But they didn't take Hawking along with them because they didn't have handicapped seating at theaters back then.

Plus, he liked to make sex noises as a prank and get them in trouble with the theater owners!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Of course we think it’s funny at their expense. And couldn’t care less what they think. Nor you.

Some nicknames honor. Others poke fun or disgrace.

My circle of friends nicknamed Jerry “ Jethro” after the Beverly Hillbillies character. What do you think our intention was? Lol

You've just said a lot about your character or actually lack of character.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Just amused/amazed that someone is so stubbornly committed to outrage over something so benign. It’s actually fairly normal to “act like a 5 year old” about SOMETHING.

Will you answer a question? Are you truly offended by “Booger” as a goofy nickname a stranger uses to describe the billionaire owner of a football team on an internet fan forum, or are you simply determined to “win” a debate? Be honest. What’s your true priority? Just curious.

The problem I have is supposed Cowboys fans that give the owner/president/GM of the team they claim to be a fan of a disrespectful name. I'm sure many of you haven't even thought about what fans of other teams that come here to troll think about Cowboys fans when they disrespect their own owner. I know you'll just say you don't care what fans of other teams think about Cowboys fans but just think about it. If you're willing and happy to disrespect Jones today, what Cowboys thing tomorrow are you going to be happy to disrespect since it comes so easily. I remember fans all across the country making fun and ridiculing Saint fans when they used to wear bags on their heads at games. They finally stop when they started winning and then they got very resentful when people kept bring it up. They were to blame because they did it just like now supposed Cowboy fans are disrespecting Jones.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Because that's an odd thing to focus on because most could care less and ignore what I call him. Is it that or the fact you just don't like me and need to focus on that particular point because this isn't the first time you've come at me? It is perfectly OK if you don't like me, you have company and the rule of 10 applies to an internet forum as well as aspects of real life but it gets a little trickier.

It is a rule developed and researched years ago to ascertain the "likes" of prospects in the sales arena. Out of 10 people we will all meet, on average, 3 will like us and 3 will not with 4 undecided. The ones that like or dislike us can't always put their finger on why they feel that way and these are decisions made within seconds of meeting someone. So, by using that formula, you are in my 30% dislike group and it doesn't matter what I write, you are going to find something to hammer on it about.

The major difference between the real life formula and the internet forums one is that the absence of sight and sound, two very strong components of face to face or phone meetings, is that we only have their words to go by and that can be limiting and take longer to form an opinion. And I have been dead wrong about some posters since I started frequenting these fan forums.

The ones I've seen get a little aggressive with others seem to be personalities that I might not like but I also give allowance for the "internet personality" some adopt as an outlet for some anger and frustration. I see posters like that here all the time and I ask myself 'can they really be that angry about a football team'? Stuff spills over and there's a hell of a lot of stuff going on outside of this football forum right now.

To answer you question, when I disagreed with you I was disagreeing with what you said and not you as a person. Now, though that may be changing because of how you now seem proud of the fact that you're disrespecting Jones. You are right and I've said it during this discussion with others on this that not having a face to face discussion and hearing the tone and seeing facial expressions all anyone can do is go by what is written. There are only a couple of users here that I do not like personally and those I have blocked.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The problem I have is supposed Cowboys fans that give the owner/president/GM of the team they claim to be a fan of a disrespectful name. I'm sure many of you haven't even thought about what fans of other teams that come here to troll think about Cowboys fans when they disrespect their own owner. I know you'll just say you don't care what fans of other teams think about Cowboys fans but just think about it. If you're willing and happy to disrespect Jones today, what Cowboys thing tomorrow are you going to be happy to disrespect since it comes so easily. I remember fans all across the country making fun and ridiculing Saint fans when they used to wear bags on their heads at games. They finally stop when they started winning and then they got very resentful when people kept bring it up. They were to blame because they did it just like now supposed Cowboy fans are disrespecting Jones.
I so dig this guy...

ESisback

Reaction score

Some true, but there have been so many bad things said by both Cowboy fans AND Cowboy haters that a goofy nickname like Booger doesn’t even register with 90% of Cowboy fans.

I like Jerry overall and recognize the many contributions he’s made. I’m also a supposed fan just like you claim to be, and I have no problem saying that Booger is a gambler who loves the spotlight.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "ESISBACK, post: 9234895, member: 39165"] Some true, but there have been so many bad things said by both Cowboy fans AND Cowboy haters that a goofy nickname like Booger does not even register with 90% of Cowboy fans

I like Jerry overall and recognize the many contributions he's made. I'm also a supposed fan just like you claim to be, and I have no problem saying that Booger is a gambler who loves the spotlight. [/QUOTE]

Pretty much same here. Plus, I'm a massive English football fan, as my signature implies. Seeing the nickname Booger, especially with the explanation that Coach gave, is extremely mild compared to what I hear in English football. Even from supporters of their favourite club. Just go on YouTube and have a listen for yourself. For example, West Ham United the season before last and early last season (they are lucky to not be relegated) were appallingly bad. So, their fans would sing, "We lose every week. We lose every week. You're nothing special! We lose every week!"

So, I suppose the name Booger just doesn't register at all as disrespectful to me for that reason.

John813

Reaction score
I nominate this thread for WOAT off-season discussion.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You've just said a lot about your character or actually lack of character.

jones1.jpg

Speaking of character, I imagine Mrs. Jones just loves this behavior.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To answer you question, when I disagreed with you I was disagreeing with what you said and not you as a person. Now, though that may be changing because of how you now seem proud of the fact that you're disrespecting Jones. You are right and I've said it during this discussion with others on this that not having a face to face discussion and hearing the tone and seeing facial expressions all anyone can do is go by what is written. There are only a couple of users here that I do not like personally and those I have blocked.
gj, not proud of anything about disrespecting Booger, I do not respect any spotlight hog that needs to be a celebrity that badly and flaunt his toys through the media. I have no respect for the Kardashians either. I do not dislike the man, because I do not know him, but I do not respect him just because he owns the team. I have never respected any of the team's owners, why should I and why does that bother you? You might want to investigate Murchison and his relationship with one of his coaches wives, he was a dbag. Bright was a total awesome person and was willing to take less money just to get the man he hated fired.

There are few of these owners I respect, including Booger. They represent the epitome of greed and they've changed the game to suit their own needs and feed that greed.

However, my respect for anyone should not be an issue with you or anyone else. And questioning something as important as someone's character over what they call the owner of this team is as far out of line as it gets.

ESisback

Reaction score
gj, not proud of anything about disrespecting Booger, I do not respect any spotlight hog that needs to be a celebrity that badly and flaunt his toys through the media. I have no respect for the Kardashians either. I do not dislike the man, because I do not know him, but I do not respect him just because he owns the team. I have never respected any of the team's owners, why should I and why does that bother you? You might want to investigate Murchison and his relationship with one of his coaches wives, he was a dbag. Bright was a total awesome person and was willing to take less money just to get the man he hated fired.

There are few of these owners I respect, including Booger. They represent the epitome of greed and they've changed the game to suit their own needs and feed that greed.

However, my respect for anyone should not be an issue with you or anyone else. And questioning something as important as someone's character over what they call the owner of this team is as far out of line as it gets.

I always try to respect the disrespect someone shows toward someone else’s disrespect, but this aspect of the whole respect/disrespect conundrum is, respectfully, disrespectful to productive discussion.

Ah, offseason...such a waste of time! Might as well have fun. BOOGER!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always try to respect the disrespect someone shows toward someone else’s disrespect, but this aspect of the whole respect/disrespect conundrum is, respectfully, disrespectful to productive discussion.

Ah, offseason...such a waste of time! Might as well have fun. BOOGER!
I respect that.