Another year not addressing QB1 deficiency

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ignorant is being kind to them.
How can you call yourself a Cowboy fan when this fraud of a QB is keeping you from achieving the past 7 years the glory we deserve and desire as a team and as fans?

b52bc-16710343384050-1920.jpg
How can you call yourself a Cowboys fan when you don’t even show up here after wins? You were a no-show after the playoff win over Tampa but were right back to your agenda here after the loss to San Francisco. It was like that all season with you. That’s not normal fan behavior. You should just stay on the board of the team you’re a fan of and stop trolling here looking for attention. You don’t post about anything else but Dak. It’s nothing but Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak and more Dak!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
so losing is the best for this team. and you call yourself a fan...wow. just wow.
No, you know what is best. Continue to knock yer head against a wall hoping that our JAG Dak will finally become a mature QB at critical times in the playoffs.
Go watch the last play of our 2021 season.
Now go watch the last play of our 2022 season.

Happy? By all means, continue spending your time hoping Dak will blossom into a QB who can think while he plays.
:banghead:

Toro9

Reaction score
How you gonna do it? A 4th round pick?

Might not be the worst idea but how often do 4th Round QBs make it? You already have one. The other guy is Kirk Cousins.

Or would you rather just go after the best QB available with your first pick?

Sorry, not gonna happen. Dak is capable. He just gets ansy. And ya know... His contract.

I understand your frustration but it's not the right time.

silvernblu

Reaction score
I submit an alternative to starting over, which is the foundation for your lament when creating this thread.

Improve the offensive line and give Dak more time in a clean pocket. The hue and cry about that idea stems from pointing out other QB's who have a skill set which allows them to deliver the ball from odd throwing angles. Which appears to mean they can make chicken soup out of chicken shate.

Dak doesn't possess that trait to the extent of Mahomes. But that does not mean he isn't serviceable. When protected Dak puts up numbers which cannot be denied by anyone but those closest to him who wish to grouse. The history of this league reveals teams who have built around a signal caller and protected his short comings, and won. Dallas is no different.

I believe one of the most telling comments is when fans here have suggested, "just get a better defense," in years past. Obviously building a complete team makes a difference.

I am suspect of the moves the team has made this off season. Is Cooks enough? Is a healthy Gallup enough? Can Dallas assemble a supporting cast in the passing game who catches the ball and protects the ball from defenders?

Can this line blow open holes for a running game which keeps the defenders off balance?

But in the final analysis, this board will blame Dak for the outcome, regardless of his play on the field.
You missed the point entirely. Finding an elite quarterback does not just happen. You need to take multiple stabs at it.

We’ve seen plenty of top 5 picks fail. We have also seen Tom Brady fall to the 6th, Aaron Rodgers fall to the second.

Maybe Levis is that guy. Maybe not. Take another stab next year.

I’m reminded of the fact that you can’t win the lottery if you never buy a ticket.

This isn’t anti- Dak. It’s necessary to take a stab at a QB every year.

silvernblu

Reaction score
I live in Lexington KY. I watch UK football every Saturday that it's on. That said, I got my fair share of watching Levis. Honestly, I'm surprised he got drafted when he did. He wasn't that great at UK. His last year at UK, he was a turnover machine.
Daks last year in Dallas, he was a turnover machine.

Your point?

morat1959

Reaction score
I’ll watch the games and pull for the Boys with no hope of winning a SB.

Williams or Maye…..give away the farm and go get one of em. Hit o-line hard in FA and draft next year. This and only this will bring me hope.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
So what about the games he played well and we still loss because of bad coaching or the defense collapsing.... according to your logic, we should immediately replace the coaching staff and defense through the draft as well right???

Smmfh.... this ain't Madden my guy. Thank GOD you aren't our GM!!!
The Super Bowls would be flowing like wine if I were GM

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Let's look at the history of our SB teams, shall we?
-
Won 2 SBs with Staubach, who, if not for his military service, would very likely been either the first player drafted or at least in the top 5 players drafted. Won 3 SBs with Aikman, the no. 1 overall pick.

So now folks want to draft a qb in the late first round, which was the Dallas pick this year, or mid rounds, and yet somehow he'll be a SB winning qb, even though we can't stand our present qb, who was - wait for it - a mid round pick!
Dallas drafted Quincy Carter in the second round, and was he a SB winning qb? Nope. Dallas drafted Isiah Stanback in the 3rd round and Stephen MaGee in the 4th round. None of those qbs did anything of note, let alone get Dallas past the second round of the playoffs.

How about free agency? Remember Drew Bledsoe? He was a SB appearing qb, twice the winning qb in the AFC championship game. Did he lead Dallas to a SB? Nope again. We signed Brad Johnson, a bona fide SB winning quarterback, albeit on the tail end of his career, and did he do great? Nope, once again.

Yet now we want to wreck the salary cap and "well, we gotta try" to find a great qb, better than Dak, in the mid rounds or in free agency, despite the fact that such a strategy has been tried, and it didn't work. Or pick up a conference championship winning qb, a proven winner, and hope he gets us to the SB. That has been tried also, and it didn't work.

When and if Dallas can get another no. 4 or so draft pick, that's the time for this team to draft a qb. Otherwise, Jerry will just waste him with greenhorn OCs, favorite son HCs (Garrett, Campo) or a HC who had a qb who was one of the best qbs in the NFL, went 6-9-1, left the team, only to have that same qb go 13-3 three years in a row. Managed only 1 SB win with Rodgers, a multiple, multiple MVP winner.

Dak isn't the reason we haven't won another SB. He's not played well enough in the playoffs, that point is not in dispute. He's not able to overcome Jerry's meddling as gm, but as is indicated above, probably nobody but a top 1-5 draft pick qb can.

If you can't stand Dak, ragging on him every chance you get isn't going to change anything as long as Jerry's "large and in charge"...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Feel! that the issue, feeling Fans opinions LMAO keep surfing, im not paying that GAME..... Daks a top 10 no matter how hard you TRY and cherry pick sats or narratives to suite your debate. Same issue you have with Zeke critics im calling you out, DAK HATER..

Daks top 5 in the league in wins since 2016 4 of 6 seasons hes been healthy been in the payoffs , b2b 12 win seasons and 2nd round berth.. we can do this all day 166 passing tds -26 rushing - 65 ints for his career his win-loss record is great.,. i mean we going to keep blaming Dak for the OL issues????!!!

i mean no run game the last 3 playoff exits, OL gets stood up, pushed back ,and cant open holes against the better DLs, those defenses find it easy to use 4-5 man lines no blitz to beat the OL and then play max coverage to mess up poorly designed routes by our beloved fired OC..

right dak had 11 penaties in 2021 and no run game , Dak fualt no run game in 2018 and 2022 the OL just cant handle those stout DL and front 7s..thats fact

show m,e how Troy won without Emmitt and that OL and the HOF coachig staff , i mean TYROY Never won a big game withoitu that OL and 22 leadig the way..NEVER doid dak have Landry and that OL and a 2 headed HOF RB support ..nope..

Josh allen in fact has led the league since his rookie year in TOS, Stafford won sb leading the league in INTs and fact threw 2 ina sb WIN>.teams win teams support each other. our team failed NOT Dak alone. show me all those INTS by Farve, both Mannings and many qbs who that happens to but somehow many times their TEAM wins anyway. Fact, they are or were on better TEAMS. it took the mighty Peyton until his 7th season to finally win but up to that put 3-6 in the playoffs..thats a fact. i remember when Farve and young couldn't win int the playoffs until the Cowboys fell apart.. Marino never won a SB. had poor playoff record and stats were minor league..he suck?

good try.. your pet cats gone now you can do the Dak troll posts.. keep trolling ..
Well I was trying to have an honest conversation about it. You couldn't do that to save yourself.....so okay bye.

75boyz

Reaction score
You missed the point entirely. Finding an elite quarterback does not just happen. You need to take multiple stabs at it.

We’ve seen plenty of top 5 picks fail. We have also seen Tom Brady fall to the 6th, Aaron Rodgers fall to the second.

Maybe Levis is that guy. Maybe not. Take another stab next year.

I’m reminded of the fact that you can’t win the lottery if you never buy a ticket.

This isn’t anti- Dak. It’s necessary to take a stab at a QB every year.
Appreciate your post here.
Fellow Zoner CFIH may require this explanation a few more times though.
I mean, if he asks ya about a plan and all...

But be careful he may tell you that you don't know anything about football or maybe that you're not a fan too.

Just sayin', lol

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Obviously they don’t see it. Can’t expect them to draft a QB instead of good players just because you think so.

morat1959

Reaction score
Let's look at the history of our SB teams, shall we?
-
Won 2 SBs with Staubach, who, if not for his military service, would very likely been either the first player drafted or at least in the top 5 players drafted. Won 3 SBs with Aikman, the no. 1 overall pick.

So now folks want to draft a qb in the late first round, which was the Dallas pick this year, or mid rounds, and yet somehow he'll be a SB winning qb, even though we can't stand our present qb, who was - wait for it - a mid round pick!
Dallas drafted Quincy Carter in the second round, and was he a SB winning qb? Nope. Dallas drafted Isiah Stanback in the 3rd round and Stephen MaGee in the 4th round. None of those qbs did anything of note, let alone get Dallas past the second round of the playoffs.

How about free agency? Remember Drew Bledsoe? He was a SB appearing qb, twice the winning qb in the AFC championship game. Did he lead Dallas to a SB? Nope again. We signed Brad Johnson, a bona fide SB winning quarterback, albeit on the tail end of his career, and did he do great? Nope, once again.

Yet now we want to wreck the salary cap and "well, we gotta try" to find a great qb, better than Dak, in the mid rounds or in free agency, despite the fact that such a strategy has been tried, and it didn't work. Or pick up a conference championship winning qb, a proven winner, and hope he gets us to the SB. That has been tried also, and it didn't work.

When and if Dallas can get another no. 4 or so draft pick, that's the time for this team to draft a qb. Otherwise, Jerry will just waste him with greenhorn OCs, favorite son HCs (Garrett, Campo) or a HC who had a qb who was one of the best qbs in the NFL, went 6-9-1, left the team, only to have that same qb go 13-3 three years in a row. Managed only 1 SB win with Rodgers, a multiple, multiple MVP winner.

Dak isn't the reason we haven't won another SB. He's not played well enough in the playoffs, that point is not in dispute. He's not able to overcome Jerry's meddling as gm, but as is indicated above, probably nobody but a top 1-5 draft pick qb can.

If you can't stand Dak, ragging on him every chance you get isn't going to change anything as long as Jerry's "large and in charge"...
Dak sux.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Didn't expect a qb to be drafted this draft or the next one. Maybe the one after that but doubt it it.