Another year not addressing QB1 deficiency

75boyz

Reaction score
Ignorant is being kind to them.
How can you call yourself a Cowboy fan when this fraud of a QB is keeping you from achieving the past 7 years the glory we deserve and desire as a team and as fans?
How many times do you need to lose to the Niners(Can't score enough points) and continue to support inepto Prescott?????
Amazing.....simply amazing!!!!
P.S. Just look at his footwork and then ask yourself why he is a turnover machine.....
b52bc-16710343384050-1920.jpg
Exactly. And this has already been said by Mountain maybe, but I'll repeat it again.
This thing is like a reversal of what they think the definition of troll is.
To me THEY are the Dak Trolls because they do not want what's best for the team to improve.
Which is a change at QB.

So when they try and call me a Dak troll I know that they want Dak over any QB change that would improve the team.

And if they still lost with this change at QB?
Better to have tried to improve than to accept what has already been proven to be a 7 year lost cause investment.

The more that things change the more they stay the same.
Cowboys!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yep,
I'd take 0-17 if it netted the Cowboys a Mahomes or Burrow.

But lots of people like Jerry would rather stick with his current success plan at the QB position.

Its all just a matter of what you're willing to give up for an elite QB that can win playoff games.

I'd take 0-17 if it netted the Cowboys a Mahomes or Burrow....that's a big if...you have a higher chance of getting a Turbiskey or Mayfield than a mahomes or Burrows...

so lets just punt a 12-5 team to the curb, because I have no clue, but want to be 0-17 because I think I can get a mahomes or burrows..... if that happened every year...then every year there is a team picking in the top 2 and there would 20 Mahomes and Burrows in the NFL. the fact that there isn't that many should tell you.

you just have no idea how a team is built.... so your go to move is I want a mahomes and burrows.

I can't believe you say you want us to lose..... you are not a true fan.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
g
Face it! Until Dallas drafts a top talent at QB they will always be 1 and done. People think the NFC is wide open now that Rodgers is gone but look out for Seattle and Detroit.
got any names? any ideas? anyone you are willing to put your name next to? even in this year's draft. who would be better in a couple of years than Dak? who is the elite QB in this draft?
funny, there were some on this board who said Mahomes was going to be a bust.....

so who is your mahomes?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Exactly. And this has already been said by Mountain maybe, but I'll repeat it again.
This thing is like a reversal of what they think the definition of troll is.
To me THEY are the Dak Trolls because they do not want what's best for the team to improve.
Which is a change at QB.

So when they try and call me a Dak troll I know that they want Dak over any QB change that would improve the team.

And if they still lost with this change at QB?
Better to have tried to improve than to accept what has already been proven to be a 7 year lost cause investment.

The more that things change the more they stay the same.
Cowboys!
so losing is the best for this team. and you call yourself a fan...wow. just wow.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's all about DAK with them what the Cowboys do is totally irrelevant for the Dak-Stains here in the CZ.
Debating with them (instead of laughing) is a total waste of energy as DAK is GOD and that's all she wrote!
When he gets the boot in the next spring I wonder how many of them will still be here as they will have lost their reason for existence in the CZ.
its all about Dak hate with them, what the cowboys do is totally irrelevant for the Dak Haters here in the CZ
Debating with them (instead of laughing) is total waste of energy as Dak is Pure EVIL and that's all she wrote.
When he is here next spring, I wonder how many of them will not continue to post hate wishing cowboys to lose. They are part of Bash Dak over Dallas cult.

after Dak, they will find another player to hate and the cycle continues. it never ends with the Bash Dak over Dallas Cult....it will be Bash [insert Name] over Dallas Cult next

Hadenough

Reaction score
I agree. Its just an observation that this organization doesn't draft and develop QBs. I had no expectation we would take one and I'm surprised some fans are surprised by the omission..
I think most of us knew Jerry won't take QB. My excitement is for the defense. If they can hold teams to less than 12 points with consistency the Cowboys just might play in an NFC championship game. I like what they did in the draft this year

75boyz

Reaction score
I'd take 0-17 if it netted the Cowboys a Mahomes or Burrow....that's a big if...you have a higher chance of getting a Turbiskey or Mayfield than a mahomes or Burrows...

so lets just punt a 12-5 team to the curb, because I have no clue, but want to be 0-17 because I think I can get a mahomes or burrows..... if that happened every year...then every year there is a team picking in the top 2 and there would 20 Mahomes and Burrows in the NFL. the fact that there isn't that many should tell you.

you just have no idea how a team is built.... so your go to move is I want a mahomes and burrows.

I can't believe you say you want us to lose..... you are not a true fan.
The RISK is the answer.
Status quo is not.

And to break it down to its simplest terms.

The RISK is the PLAN.

It's not really hard. Are you willing to take the risk on replacing a wild card ceiling QB with the unknown?

Standing pat has proven to be a losing hand.

The risk is worth the reward.
If it fails, try again.
Dont stay stuck in purgatory.
Plain and simple.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Levis was there at 1, Hooker at 2.
I submit an alternative to starting over, which is the foundation for your lament when creating this thread.

Improve the offensive line and give Dak more time in a clean pocket. The hue and cry about that idea stems from pointing out other QB's who have a skill set which allows them to deliver the ball from odd throwing angles. Which appears to mean they can make chicken soup out of chicken shate.

Dak doesn't possess that trait to the extent of Mahomes. But that does not mean he isn't serviceable. When protected Dak puts up numbers which cannot be denied by anyone but those closest to him who wish to grouse. The history of this league reveals teams who have built around a signal caller and protected his short comings, and won. Dallas is no different.

I believe one of the most telling comments is when fans here have suggested, "just get a better defense," in years past. Obviously building a complete team makes a difference.

I am suspect of the moves the team has made this off season. Is Cooks enough? Is a healthy Gallup enough? Can Dallas assemble a supporting cast in the passing game who catches the ball and protects the ball from defenders?

Can this line blow open holes for a running game which keeps the defenders off balance?

But in the final analysis, this board will blame Dak for the outcome, regardless of his play on the field.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think most of us knew Jerry won't take QB. My excitement is for the defense. If they can hold teams to less than 12 points with consistency the Cowboys just might play in an NFC championship game. I like what they did in the draft this year
True, though it is hard given todays rules to stop anyone. The game seems to have shifted toward the offenses. Defenders can't bump or knock QBs down. They can't deliver the kind of violent hits that instill fear anymore.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The RISK is the answer.
Status quo is not.

The RISK is the PLAN.

It's not really hard. Are you willing to take the risk on replacing a wild card ceiling QB with the unknown?

If it fails, try again.
Plain and simple.
the risk without a plan leads to futility....you said stick for years....which means you want to stink, draft a QB, but then draft another QB every year as you said....

and is it status quo? or making changes...MM has gone from 6-10 to first round of playoffs, now to the second and got rid of a weakness this off season and plugged a few holes.

oh, wait, you mean status Quo as in the QB....so is your premise to build a winner based on having an elite QB? because your mind can't fathom any type of success without an elite QB. so 29 teams in the league are doomed, because they don't have an elite QB....they might as well just cut the season short, let those three teams play a round robin and see who the winner is. because nobody else has a chance.

the risk is you may end up 1-16 and get a baker mayfield and then waste 4 years figuring out he is not what you need, then suck again and got 1-16 again and then draft turbiskey and then waste anotehr 4 or 5 years figuring out he is not the answer and then wash, rinse repeat until someday you hit on one of the top 2 picks on QB... because again, that's the only way to win a superbowl. nobody else has a chance.

plain and simple, you don't understand football.

75boyz

Reaction score
the risk without a plan leads to futility....you said stick for years....which means you want to stink, draft a QB, but then draft another QB every year as you said....

and is it status quo? or making changes...MM has gone from 6-10 to first round of playoffs, now to the second and got rid of a weakness this off season and plugged a few holes.

oh, wait, you mean status Quo as in the QB....so is your premise to build a winner based on having an elite QB? because your mind can't fathom any type of success without an elite QB. so 29 teams in the league are doomed, because they don't have an elite QB....they might as well just cut the season short, let those three teams play a round robin and see who the winner is. because nobody else has a chance.

the risk is you may end up 1-16 and get a baker mayfield and then waste 4 years figuring out he is not what you need, then suck again and got 1-16 again and then draft turbiskey and then waste anotehr 4 or 5 years figuring out he is not the answer and then wash, rinse repeat until someday you hit on one of the top 2 picks on QB... because again, that's the only way to win a superbowl. nobody else has a chance.

plain and simple, you don't understand football.
Here is my plain and simple non understanding of football:

The Dallas Cowboys last drafted a QB by the name of Carter in the second round quite a long time ago.
Since then the allocation of draft capital to the most important position in football was for names like McGee, White. DInucci, Rush and to include their last 15 years' QB success stories of UDFA Tony Romo and 4th rd Dak Prescott.
Is that your go to plan for team building at the Qb position?
Getting lucky with a UDFA or 4th rounder?
Tell me you are a true fan and not settle for what this already past his peak Qb can deliver in the post season.
Instead of at least trying by investing more than a 4th rd pick on the most important position on the team.
Ya think maybe even attempting a little higher pedigreed pick might possibly yield something better than a Trubisky?
OR is the risk of missing on something better rather than staying pat the goal to this team building?

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
The RISK is the answer.
Status quo is not.

The RISK is the PLAN.

If it fails, try again.
Plain and simple.
Wild card ceiling ? See that's the type of B.S we get on the Zone , that renders you Dak haters Full of it.He has already been past the wild card round 3 Times. So what the hell are you talking about?

See that right there illustrates my point, I'm not saying Dak is the greatest, I'm just pointing out that YOU GUYS are lying about his talent level

Foe some hidden agenda on your part because numbers , facts and logic have nothing to do with it.

Lose and HOPE that things will get better. Now THAT's a winning strategy. DO you guys read what you type? REALLY

75boyz

Reaction score
Wild card ceiling ? See that's the type of B.S we get on the Zone , that renders you Dak haters Full of it.He has already been past the wild card round 3 Times. So what the hell are you talking about?

See that right there illustrates my point, I'm not saying Dak is the greatest, I'm just pointing out that YOU GUYS are lying about his talent level

Foe some hidden agenda on your part because numbers , facts and logic have nothing to do with it
Reaching a divisional round means his ceiling was accomplished in winning a wild card game.
Thus, a wild card ceiling.

However you need to rationalize his postseason success is your own personal business.

Reaction score
Whatever dude Look up ceiling, it means you can go up NO FURTHER than that. What is with you people. Words mean things. Wild Card ceiling mean thats as far as you can move up.

Divisional round appearance is above that so your term Wild Card ceiling is complete B.S .

But I hear The President is looking for speech writers, One not bound by words, meanings or truth. You guys fit right in
Reaching a divisional round means his ceiling was accomplished in winning a wild card game.
Thus, a wild card ceiling.

However you need to rationalize his postseason success is your own personal business.

GINeric

Reaction score
Sadly it's all window dressing as long as Dak is here to keep intercepting and sliding our way out of the playoffs.
So what about the games he played well and we still loss because of bad coaching or the defense collapsing.... according to your logic, we should immediately replace the coaching staff and defense through the draft as well right???

Smmfh.... this ain't Madden my guy. Thank GOD you aren't our GM!!!

75boyz

Reaction score
Whatever dude Look up ceiling, it means you can go up NO FURTHER than that. What is with you people. Words mean things. Wild Card ceiling mean thats as far as you can move up.

Divisional round appearance is above that so your term Wild Card ceiling is complete B.S .

But I hear The President is looking for speech writers, One not bound by words, meanings or truth. You guys fit right in
No it isnt. Its the exact definition.
Reaching the division round and LOSING does NOT establish that the LOSS in the division round is the ceiling.
The ceiling of winning a wild card game is what has been reached and achieved.

Dak Prescott's ceiling or "what he can and has accomplished" is the wild card round.

If you just want to make a general statement that you believe his ceiling will ONE DAY exceed the wild card round then be my guest.

He's peaked OR reached his ceiling with a wild card victory.

Case closed.

Reaction score
No it isnt. Its the exact definition.
Reaching the division round and LOSING does NOT establish that the LOSS in the division round is the ceiling.
The ceiling of winning a wild card game is what has been reached and achieved.

Dak Prescott's ceiling or "what he can and has accomplished" is the wild card round.

If you just want to make a general statement that you believe his ceiling will ONE DAY exceed the wild card round then be my guest.

He's peaked OR reached his ceiling with a wild card victory.

Case closed.
And WHEN HE win in the Divisional rounsd? What will you say then, Championship round Super Bowl ? See I'm a COWBOYS fan and that's what I'm rooting for

WITH DAK OR WITHOUT DAK.

Have a good Day.