Anti-soccer blog post

tecolote

Reaction score
Kangaroo;3441740 said:
That is where you are wrong I missed nothing important see how that works pretty darn easy.

I was not talking to you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3441773 said:
Its such a lame Middle school mind set to passionately hate soccer.
It is such a lame Middle School mindset to care whether people hate soccer or not.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;3441779 said:
It is such a lame Middle School mindset to care whether people hate soccer or not.

I think the Soccer people get mad b/c some faction of people wont ever give it a chance no matter what. Probably b/c we are wired to hate it since its not our game. So hating on it is like a defense mechanism. You guys can have it, were busy over here w/ cooler stuff.

Ive been anti-soccer most of my life, but Im into this US run right now. Im not going to rob myself of some cool sports moments

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
forgive me i'm drunk but can i just be clear here since there seems to have been some confusion earlier. football (i'm scottish it isn't soccer) is the best sport on the planet. most of you disagree, fair enough. i honestly couldnt give a ****. i've argued with hos in this thread but i respect his and everyone elses right not to like the sport. if i'm ever in arizona i still want to buy him dinner and a beer, i may argue with him but i have more in common and i have respect.
in my opinion it is and always will be the greatest sport on gods green earth but for everyone that feels the need to badmouth it feel free. as much as i disagree with you you're entitled to your opinion (wrong as it may be ;))
anyone who saw the usa algeria game as an american and didn't go crazy quite frankly is not all there, i was out my seat and all it did for me was prevent the english winning the group. this is from a scotsman who has gone mental when scots win at skiing, darts, snooker or even bowls so i know how to back my countrymen when i don't care for the sport.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
DallasDomination;3441800 said:
Someone's a little defensive.

Not at all.

Im not watching much of the World Cup besides the US, and like I said I used to have the same mind set.

Some people are just stubborn and theyre missing out.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3441802 said:
Not at all.

Im not watching much of the World Cup besides the US, and like I said I used to have the same mind set.

I was not talking about you.

At the end The day Soccer will remain being the most popular Sport in the world. And just like the Cowboys the haters will come out in packs and make stupid threads like this.

Coy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3441569 said:
Not a surprise. It is the world cup and much like the Olympics they draw a heavy viewership. I doubt most American watch much women’s figure skating yet every 4 years at the Olympics it is a very big TV draw

That`s not the point, the point I was making is that people in the US are starting to care about soccer more and more, like I mentioned before World Cup ratings have doubled among U.S. viewers since the last world cup, I couldn`t care less if someone likes it or not but a fact is a fact.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Probably more people in the US play soccer than football. It is growing especially amongst ethnic groups.

I admit I don't follow domestic soccer that much, will watch some EPL and maybe Serie A/La Liga or Ligue 1 rarely but not much. International is good soccer though.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
DallasDomination;3441810 said:
I was not talking about you.

At the end The day Soccer will remain being the most popular Sport in the world. And just like the Cowboys the haters will come out in packs and make stupid threads like this.

and at the end of the day soccer will remain a sport almost reaching relevance in the United States. Just like swimming in the Olympics. Once the main event is over, nobody cares.

The difference is that we don't have swimming aficionados denigrating us for not liking their sport because the rest of the world loves it.

The people who say we must like it or are missing out are only turning us off due to your soccer "elitism".

Anjinsan

Benched
Reaction score
The game against Algeria will go down as the most history changing soccer game ever played by the USA. I'm not a soccer fan, but I enjoyed every second of the game. Even at the end of regulation, there had been so much action the fact that it was scoreless didn't dampen the excitement. Great game USofA!!!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3441773 said:
Its such a lame Middle school mind set to passionately hate soccer.

MarionBarberThe4th;3441787 said:
Probably b/c we are wired to hate it since its not our game. So hating on it is like a defense mechanism.

MarionBarberThe4th;3441802 said:

DallasDomination;3441810 said:
the haters will come out in packs and make stupid threads like this.

Losing an argument? Break out the insults!

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3441823 said:
Probably more people in the US play soccer than football.

Really? :lmao: Just gonna throw that out there without even doing a google search? Let me see if I can do the same thing....

Probably more Canadians molest goats than their own relatives.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Anjinsan;3441829 said:
The game against Algeria will go down as the most history changing soccer game ever played by the USA. I'm not a soccer fan, but I enjoyed every second of the game. Even at the end of regulation, there had been so much action the fact that it was scoreless didn't dampen the excitement. Great game USofA!!!

And yet our day wasn't interrupted for a Presidential address concerning the game.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3441837 said:
Really? :lmao: Just gonna throw that out there without even doing a google search? Let me see if I can do the same thing....

I have had sex with goats but not a Canadian .

Fixed it for you

the English play by play guy said 90 million play soccer in the US, I thought that was high but probably is true when factor in females who don't play football which is basically just a guy sport.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3441853 said:
Fixed it for you

the English play by play guy said 90 million play soccer in the US, I thought that was high but probably is true when factor in females who don't play football which is basically just a guy sport.

Weak try.

90 million play soccer in a population of 300 million? So 1 in 3 play soccer in the US? Your gullibility is as bad as their math. 90 million? :lmao: That's a freaking joke.

Even 20 seconds on Google would have told the number is around 18,000,000 and half of them are females between the ages of 6 and 18.

Maybe the English moron meant that 90 million can't stand soccer in the United States.

Coy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3441569 said:
Not a surprise. It is the world cup and much like the Olympics they draw a heavy viewership. I doubt most American watch much women’s figure skating yet every 4 years at the Olympics it is a very big TV draw

And I doubt people watching women's figure skating would do this at a bar in Nebraska at 10 AM.

[youtubehd]IfS9kbyfiMM[/youtubehd]

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3441787 said:
I think the Soccer people get mad b/c some faction of people wont ever give it a chance no matter what.
So what? I know people who hate NASCAR with a passion and have never seen a race. More power to them. I come from a rodeo family. Know plenty of people who hate rodeo. I'm married to a woman who does.

Soccer is the biggest sport on the planet. I'm in the freaking minority. Let me be "wrong."

DallasDomination

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3441825 said:
and at the end of the day soccer will remain a sport almost reaching relevance in the United States. Just like swimming in the Olympics. Once the main event is over, nobody cares.

The difference is that we don't have swimming aficionados denigrating us for not liking their sport because the rest of the world loves it.

The people who say we must like it or are missing out are only turning us off due to your soccer "elitism".

The difference here is that nobody is forcing the sport on you. This thread was started by anti-soccer people and from the looks of it most here have some sort of agenda for thos who respect the sport.