Anti-soccer blog post

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
daschoo;3441799 said:
forgive me i'm drunk but can i just be clear here since there seems to have been some confusion earlier. football (i'm scottish it isn't soccer) is the best sport on the planet. most of you disagree, fair enough. i honestly couldnt give a ****. i've argued with hos in this thread but i respect his and everyone elses right not to like the sport. if i'm ever in arizona i still want to buy him dinner and a beer, i may argue with him but i have more in common and i have respect.
in my opinion it is and always will be the greatest sport on gods green earth but for everyone that feels the need to badmouth it feel free. as much as i disagree with you you're entitled to your opinion (wrong as it may be ;))
anyone who saw the usa algeria game as an american and didn't go crazy quite frankly is not all there, i was out my seat and all it did for me was prevent the english winning the group. this is from a scotsman who has gone mental when scots win at skiing, darts, snooker or even bowls so i know how to back my countrymen when i don't care for the sport.
I respect this.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasDomination;3441884 said:
The difference here is that nobody is forcing the sport on you. This thread was started by anti-soccer people and from the looks of it most here have some sort of agenda out for people that respect the sport.
I totally disagree. It looks like some soccer fans can't let us soccer hatting Middle School minded folks have our own thread where we hate the sport.

If there are people bashing soccer in the World Cup support thread I am sorry. I refuse to even open that thread out of respect to the soccer fans who love the game.

Coy

Reaction score
Hostile;3441882 said:
So what? I know people who hate NASCAR with a passion and have never seen a race. More power to them. I come from a rodeo family. Know plenty of people who hate rodeo. I'm married to a woman who does.

Soccer is the biggest sport on the planet. I'm in the freaking minority. Let me be "wrong."

I truly respect that Hos, and you are not "wrong" by any means.

rkell87

Reaction score
Coy;3441878 said:
And I doubt people watching women's figure skating would do this at a bar in Nebraska at 10 AM.

[youtubehd]IfS9kbyfiMM[/youtubehd]
have you been to nebraska? there is nothing to do there so actually having a reason to be at a bar at 10 am is like the highlight of their week

rkell87

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3441823 said:
Probably more people in the US play soccer than football. It is growing especially amongst ethnic groups.

id be willing to bet bold part is wrong, second part prolly right.

tecolote

Reaction score
rkell87;3441907 said:
have you been to nebraska? there is nothing to do there so actually having a reason to be at a bar at 10 am is like the highlight of their week

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Good one

There are tons of those on YT, this one is great to, and it's not in Nebraska.

[youtube]k8l0gsfEgds[/youtube]

Coy

Reaction score
rkell87;3441907 said:

:lmao: :lmao: Actually I haven´t. great post.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
DallasDomination;3441884 said:
The difference here is that nobody is forcing the sport on you. This thread was started by anti-soccer people and from the looks of it most here have some sort of agenda for thos who respect the sport.

Wrong. This thread is full of people who are questioning why we don't like the sport and insinuating our lives are less full because we don't share in their love of the game. That's forcing it on us in a thread clearly labelled for those who don't want anything to do with it.

It's about as dumb as going to ES and trying to convince them they should love the Eagles. :lmao:

Matter of fact, why don't the soccer fans go do that and leave this thread to those who don't like the sport instead of forcing it on us that we should really try and care about it.

EDIT: Hos beat me to it.

rkell87

Reaction score
tried to find #s harder than you think. i found 16 million over the age of 6 for soccer, and an estimate of 16-18 million for football(organized flag, touch, or tackle) but neither were backed by a survey or anything. even texted kgb...im asking for my money back

"There is no exact number of football players in the US. That number is far to high! Text us again soon!"

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
tecolote;3441918 said:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Good one

There are tons of those on YT, this one is great to, and it's not in Nebraska.

[youtube]k8l0gsfEgds[/youtube]

In a bar.

10 am.

On Wednesday.

USA Soccer, these are your fans. :lmao2:

tecolote

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3441970 said:
In a bar.

10 am.

On Wednesday.

USA Soccer, these are your fans. :lmao2:

Yes, because people don't go to bars in the morning to watch football.

On Sunday.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
tecolote;3442010 said:
Yes, because people don't go to bars in the morning to watch football.

On Sunday.

In Missouri, the NFL games start at 12 noon. So yes, possibly folks get there in time to see the game start.

Sunday, however, isn't in the middle of the work week so thanks for making my point. :lmao2:

tecolote

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3442029 said:
In Missouri, the NFL games start at 12 noon. So yes, possibly folks get there in time to see the game start.

Sunday, however, isn't in the middle of the work week so thanks for making my point. :lmao2:

1. You never had a point.

2. Stop laughing at your own jokes. It's annoying.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
tecolote;3442039 said:
1. You never had a point.

2. Stop laughing at your own jokes. It's annoying.

1. Because you missed it, doesn't mean it isn't there. pretty damn obvious actually.

2. Laughing at you trying to make a correlation between Sunday morning football and soccer fans in a bar on a Wednesday morning. Nice try though.

tecolote

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3442052 said:
1. Because you missed it, doesn't mean it isn't there. pretty damn obvious actually.

2. Laughing at you trying to make a correlation between Sunday morning football and soccer fans in a bar on a Wednesday morning. Nice try though.

This is going absolutely nowhere.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
tecolote;3442070 said:
This is going absolutely nowhere.

Anything else you'd like us to know before we offer you this job?

"I like to go out to watch football on Sunday mornings at a bar."

or.....

"I like to go out on Wednesday mornings, or other weekdays, to watch soccer at a bar."
-------

You honestly don't see the difference? :lmao2:

Somebody gets it:

Yeagermeister;3442075 said:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3442079 said:

"I like to go out to watch football on Sunday mornings at a bar."

or.....

"I like to go out on Wednesday mornings, or other weekdays, to watch soccer at a bar."
-------

You honestly don't see the difference? :lmao2:

Somebody gets it:

Sunday - off work (for most people)

Wednesday - should be at work (for most people)

What's so hard to understand about that? :confused:

tecolote

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3442080 said:
Sunday - off work (for most people)

Wednesday - should be at work (for most people)

What's so hard to understand about that? :confused:

His original "point" is absolutely ridiculous, he mocks people that get together to watch a soccer game once every four years on a wednesday morning.

Now we are arguing whether it is better to be in a bar on a wednesday morning or on a sunday morning in a thread about soccer.

Like I said, this is going nowhere.