Any LAKER Fans Here??

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I hope so, Bynum will make us MUCH stronger than we are right now and even without him we were able to topple the second best team in the west in five. Kobe has the team around him to make a push at Jordans six rings.

Reaction score
How bout' them Lakers, all my Lakers fans on here should be proud of this young and talented team... I can't wait to see Bynum back in uniform next year!

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Yep, everyone should be very proud of the team. The only player with real experience is Kobe (Walton doesn't count) and for them to go all the way to the finals this year (and win every series convincingly) is amazing. Bynum will just make us stronger.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Dear Laker Fans,

Your welcome.

Chris Wallace
Grizzlies GM

:bang2:

In all seriousness LA was clearly the better team. Congrats

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
We are going back to the finals baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait to head out to figueroa here in la for the parade. this is our year!!

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Thanks for the love fellas. We may need to have the conversation of Kobe being the greatest of all-time if he wins 2 more rings. I mean I am a dieheart Jordan fan but Kobe is not only in his zipcode he may be better.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2099564 said:
Thanks for the love fellas. We may need to have the conversation of Kobe being the greatest of all-time if he wins 2 more rings. I mean I am a dieheart Jordan fan but Kobe is not only in his zipcode he may be better.

While I do not doubt that Kobe is the all-around best player in the NBA today, Jordan WAS basketball for the better part of a decade, arguably the greatest athlete ever, and still one of the most recognizable names/faces in the world.

Still, Kobe has this going for him - he is only 29.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Mavs Man;2099569 said:
While I do not doubt that Kobe is the all-around best player in the NBA today, Jordan WAS basketball for the better part of a decade, arguably the greatest athlete ever, and still one of the most recognizable names/faces in the world.

Still, Kobe has this going for him - he is only 29.

that is in part true but, the thing is that kobe only being 29, the guy has alot of mileage on him already t only 29. IMO as a LAKER fan i see come playin till hes about maybe 32-33

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
T.O81;2099571 said:
that is in part true but, the thing is that kobe only being 29, the guy has alot of mileage on him already t only 29. IMO as a LAKER fan i see come playin till hes about maybe 32-33

Maybe, maybe not. I see him peaking in the next few seasons and then gradually trailing off.

But even that would leave him as a darn good player well into his mid-thirties, as the centerpiece of a Lakers team that should be Finals contenders the next five years.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Kobe has 3 rings already, is back in the finals this year (hopefully making it 4 rings) and hasn't hit 30 yet. I think he has a good 5 years left in him at very high level because when he was with Shaq he wasn't having to do as much as he is now - that took a lot of the wear off of him.

He has the chance to get those 6 rings on this team.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
It's finally fun watching these guys again, Those last 2 Shaq/Kobe years even with the winning it wasn't much fun. I've been a Laker fan all my life, but was a little happy when the Pistons beat them hoping they would reinvent the team to something like it is now, young, fast, hungry, aggressive... Not a bunch of old primadonas who think they are entitled.
And the fact that Malone never got a ring was nice :)

gazmc_06

Reaction score
^Come on man, you should never want your team to lose. I would have been extremely happey for Malone to get that ring, unfortunetly it didn't happen. I am glad we got rid of Shaq and cleared the other old guys out though, we needed a change of approach and now we have it.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Boston in the finals, that's who I wanted to play. There couldn't be a better way to win the championship than to beat Boston and end their "best record in the league" season...I have no doubts that we are a better team and hopefully the players prove that.

MC KAos

Reaction score
gazmc_06;2100194 said:
Boston in the finals, that's who I wanted to play. There couldn't be a better way to win the championship than to beat Boston and end their "best record in the league" season...I have no doubts that we are a better team and hopefully the players prove that.

dont expect it to be much of a series, the lakers are clearly a better team, all i have to say is....

doc rivers vs phil jackson..........:laugh2:

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
T.O81;2099571 said:
I thik he has at least 6 to 7 more yrs left in him. You have to remember Kobe is a workout warrior like TO. He could still be at the top of his game at age 34-35 and maybe tail off around 36-37.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
MC KAos;2100367 said:
dont expect it to be much of a series, the lakers are clearly a better team, all i have to say is....

doc rivers vs phil jackson..........:laugh2:
I hope you're right, I would love nothing more than to win very quickly :D.

Doc will get owned by Phil, it's just about execution. If we can execute like we did against you guy's then there wont be many problems I don't think.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I hope the Lakeshow punches them in the mouth and takes game 1 in Boston.:D

gazmc_06

Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping for too, if we take one of those games then we have three in a row at home...we could win it at Staples.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
gazmc_06;2100629 said:
That's what I'm hoping for too, if we take one of those games then we have three in a row at home...we could win it at Staples.

I hate the 2-3-2 format. IIRC, no team has ever won all three games in the middle there at home. The Lakers are probably going to have to win 2 on the road.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I think LA could win two on the road, I think with how good the Lakers are at home though that they could win all three home games. I'm way more confident against Boson than I was against San Antonio.