Any LAKER Fans Here??

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Any of you Laker fans know of a good Lakers forum?

I've looked around but haven't found any with good activity.

Thanks in advance!

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Lakersground is the only Laker site I go to, I don't usually post though...just read up on the latest.

MC KAos

Reaction score
you can usually tell (at least in my experience) who the true lakers fans are from the bandwagon fans by the way they feel about the spurs. most true lakers fans have great respect for the spurs, they still hate them like the next guy, but they respect them, just like most spurs fans with the lakers

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Absolutely, I don't love the Spurs as you'd expect but as I said when the playoff's started, to win the West you have to go through the Spurs. You can't knock the efficiency and success they have had, it's impossible.

What people call boring is simply efficient, the Spurs put the ball in the basket and stop you from doing it...that's not boring, that's playing basketball they way every other team TRIES to.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
No problem, it's not as active as this site but it's the most active Lakers one around.

Reaction score
Kobe showed why he's the most unstoppable force in the NBA, he dominates from so many areas on the basketball court...

Triple Ocho is the MVP!

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Kobe man, that's exactly what had to happen. Slow start from LA last night, but Kobe tok over when we needed. Those are the type of wins that I prefer in the playoff's...it's much more demorolising for the other team to lose a game they could have won than it is to be blown out.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Looking forward to game two, we need to come out of the bloks faster though. Phil Jackson adjusted to the Spurs in the second hald and played them off the court, if we can start this game better there should be no real problems. The Spurs usually have the best coach to do the adjustments, but there is nobody going to out-coach Phil.

Get the ball to Kobe early, we know he can't be gaurded one-on-one so it will free up everybody else to do the damage.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
gazmc_06;2092438 said:
Looking forward to game two, we need to come out of the bloks faster though. Phil Jackson adjusted to the Spurs in the second hald and played them off the court, if we can start this game better there should be no real problems. The Spurs usually have the best coach to do the adjustments, but there is nobody going to out-coach Phil.

Get the ball to Kobe early, we know he can't be gaurded one-on-one so it will free up everybody else to do the damage.

Laker fans have every right to be excited.

But when it comes down to it ..... you barely beat the Spurs at your house.

I will readily admit that Kobe is the best player in the league right now .... which is why I do not consider Phil such a genius.

Cant wait till game 2 ...... good luck Laker fans .... nice to be going up against a team who actually has a Championship History.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i think a reason kobe went off was because we left udoka, god bless his soul, on him too long, we should have came back with bowen when he started making shots. by the time pop put bowen back on kobe it was too late, he had caught fire, hopefully bowen can stay out of foul trouble tonight

MC KAos

Reaction score
a key for the lakers is the way sasha is playing ginobili, im very surprised at how much trouble ginobili has when he is guarding him. i dont know if it has to do with the fact he is playing without a nail on his shooting finger, lol, or if sasha is just frustrating him. i think it might have to do with the fact that sasha is quick enough to stay with him, but he is gotta be like kobe and play through everything if we are gonna have a chance

gazmc_06

Reaction score
That's why we're excited for the most part, we had an awful first half, were down by 20 half way through the third and still won the game - if you can win on a bad day then you should be excited about what can happen on a good day.

I love playing the Spurs to be honest, you're playing a team you know are going to bring it every game and push you to the limit. If you want to win you better bring it, knowing that should hype the Laker players to get up for every game.

MC KAos

Reaction score
gazmc_06;2092493 said:
That's why we're excited for the most part, we had an awful first half, were down by 20 half way through the third and still won the game - if you can win on a bad day then you should be excited about what can happen on a good day.

I love playing the Spurs to be honest, you're playing a team you know are going to bring it every game and push you to the limit. If you want to win you better bring it, knowing that should hype the Laker players to get up for every game.

ya it was a good game, i was just so damn pissed after the game, i had to watch nacho libre to calm down, lol. i think something else to watch out for is that pop needs to put oberto in when we are struggling on offense. he just seems to have a nack(sp?) for making the right pass to get a score

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Oberto is a pain, he finds himself in position for boards and scores pretty regularly, he can end up with 8 and 6 (might not sound like a lot, but in the course of the game it's huge). We expect Parker and Duncan to get their fair share, Manu is the guy we know we need to shut down.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya, tony, tim and kobe are gonna get theirs, like you said, manu is really the X factor