Anyone else having trouble finding any enthusiasm about the Cowboys right now?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I agree just do something, but if their plan all along was to keep him this is dumb, extend him and free up money, or do we just want to be bad
Exactly. They are setting him up for failure by asking him to do more with less. If they just want to move on, do it now. Why wait?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Exactly. They are setting him up for failure by asking him to do more with less. If they just want to move on, do it now. Why wait?
this so called tough guy stance is going to back fire, they're going to sign him to a record setting deal

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
read the yellow sticky at the top of the front page.
LOL! You can talk crap and then can't take it. Too hot? Stay outta the kitchen, be civil and not a follower. You come in and throw one liners to support your posse and then cry. Lol! Actually, you deserve a :muttley:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Gets harder and harder to root for this team with the Jones' manner of running it. There is no clear direction on bringing this team back to the glory years,, only to just be relevant at best and then crumble in the playoffs. No foresight, no vision, no proactivity, no intestinal fortitude, and no definite plan. All they have is an inflated ego hoping to get lucky and tell everyone they were right all along. Well, three decades later and this rust bucket is stuck on neutral. Another coat of paint over the previous 28 coats is not gonna do it. Even they are beginning to waver and wonder how the heck are they gonna get out of this mess gracefully and with their dignity intact. Their excuses, alibis, spins, half truths and downright lies have caught up with them. NO ONE believes them anymore.

Simple solution: Hire a competent GM and disciplinary HC with full authority and get out the dammm way... But this would be an admission of failure and incompetence on their part. So that is why there are clueless.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
I am lacking enthusiasm because the Cowboys lack a plan for the future. They could have followed these two paths and did neither.

Plan 1: Move on from Dak: If this is their intention, they should have done it by now. Whether he's on the team or not, they are paying him dead money in 2025 anyway. Love him or hate him, this team is winning ten or more games with Dak at QB. That means drafting in the 20's again next year. That means no shot at a top QB prospect. And no way to see what they have in Trey Lance beforehand.

Plan 2: Keep Dak: If this is their intention, they should have gotten his deal done months ago. This would have freed plenty of cap space that would actually have helped them build a team to succeed short term. Instead, by waiting they are going to let the market set his value. Which means more and more of the same cycle we've been seeing for years.

The only way I can justify what the Cowboys are doing (or not doing) this offseason is the uncertainty at head coach. If Mike McCarthy is gone in 2025 maybe the new staff won't want to be tied to Dak, Lamb, and Micah for multiple years. But to me, this team simply has NO IDEA what they are going to do.
Flawed logic.We are not streaming commentators in need of an immediate controversial story,are we?
MM is not "gone" after more regular season wins 21-22-23 than anyone in the NFL short of the Chiefs.
Dak,and more importantly his agent are angling for a highest in the league contract.
Daniel Jones,Derek Carr,Kirk Cousins and yes Hurts,Herbert and Lamar Jackson got huge contracts and have underperformed them.

He's already rich it's just greed and ego now.He greatgrandkids can get jobs just like the rest of us.The Cowboys would prefer him at 45-50 million per year and use the cap elsewhere.There no good reason to eagerly sign Dak for 60 million before August,Let him sit and watch Lance or Bo Nix light it up in pre-season 2024 and then negotiate. They are doing the right thing.
Put him, CeeDee and Parsons under contract pressure until they hoist a Superbowl.

Last edited:

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Well I'm a lot older,and old enough to know the Cowboys were "next years Champion" after getting blown out in the playoffs by Cleveland badly and Tom Landry was an unemotional plastic man who couldn't motivate,and why couldn't he reach out to Duane Thomas, or let Roger play his Roger-dodger game as he perfers or why the flex defense made no sense,or Bob Bruenig couldn't meet a running back in the hole.So then Tom took us to 5 SuperBowls and won two,and were mighty close against Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

plymkr

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble finding any enthusiasm about the Cowboys right now?
Yes. My enthusiasm is at an all time low. This is worse than the Campo years for me. I see nothing to hope for with Jerry and his dumber successor Stephen running the show.

plymkr

Reaction score
I looked up when we were able to draft "some" starters. I dont even care about key positions.

2023 0 (our first round pick Mazi wasnt even able to beat out medicore competition)
2022 1 Smith (but only at Guard and not at Tackle what he was actually drafted for)
2021 1 Parsons
2020 2 Lamb, Diggs
2019 0 (you could give us a 1/2 starter because Connor was starting at the end of the year)
2018 2 x 1/2 because all 2 (LVE, Gallup) werent first day starter but became starters during the midth/end of the seaons
2017 0
2016 3 (Prescott, Elliot and A.Brown) --> this was by far our best draft in years. A lucky hit considering we werent even thinking about Prescott being a starter. Brown was a gem in the rough we found in round 6.

Point is: we are not a good drafting team. If we find one starter from that draft we all should consider this a very good draft for us. Two would be great but not to be expected. Finding "some" wont happen. But we want to replace 5-6 starters.
And we don’t use FA. How do you build a team using this formula?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble finding any enthusiasm about the Cowboys right now? After the Packer collapse, confirmed lamb duck coach status and lack of meaningful FA activity there’s not cause for hope, much less optimism. The window is shut with CD and Micah due big extensions. The front office isn’t going to mortgage the future to build around its stars. Meanwhile the Commanders might be formidable pretty soon and the Giants probably tic up as well.

I don’t believe Dak is good enough to win with in the playoffs at his price tag given the organization’s philosophy. A full rebuild or retool would be more interesting. If Dak gets extended at 55 million+ it just extends the purgatory.

Even the draft, which I always look forward to, is just kinda meh. So many holes on this roster and let’s face it McClay and the boys whiffed big last April.
Yep,
I have not felt this bad about the Cowboys during the off season in quite some time.

The realization that they can't overcome the GMs incompetence and the toxic culture he has created has really become too obvious even for this lifelong fan to ignore.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I'm sure the geniuses in the war room will solve all our problems with the 23rd pick. They sure nailed it with Mazi last year, so no reason to think we won't get the steal of the draft this year.
Seriously, it's more interesting to look ahead to 2025.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble finding any enthusiasm about the Cowboys right now? After the Packer collapse, confirmed lamb duck coach status and lack of meaningful FA activity there’s not cause for hope, much less optimism. The window is shut with CD and Micah due big extensions. The front office isn’t going to mortgage the future to build around its stars. Meanwhile the Commanders might be formidable pretty soon and the Giants probably tic up as well.

I don’t believe Dak is good enough to win with in the playoffs at his price tag given the organization’s philosophy. A full rebuild or retool would be more interesting. If Dak gets extended at 55 million+ it just extends the purgatory.

Even the draft, which I always look forward to, is just kinda meh. So many holes on this roster and let’s face it McClay and the boys whiffed big last April.
Good lad, I largely agree, except for some piddling things: The cowboys Will mortgage the future for Lamb and The Mouth. Between the two I'd keep Micah and build the D around him. But it looks as if Stephen wants to build around Lamb, too and possibly Michael Penix Jr. as our QB for the future.
And the Commodes and giANTS are 2 years away from even hoping for a wild card.