Anyone seen a downloadable version of the game?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Etonicas said:
Under seeders it now says 4 connected, 1 in swarm what-ever that means?

I'm at about 75% done right now...

The swarm is like "bees" swarming around the file. You have all the peers surrounding the file and each is taking turns getting a piece of the file.

From my observation, it is working like a clock, moving from peer to peer clockwise and showing them preferential treatment for a time and then moving to the next peer.

- Mike G.

vlad

Reaction score
Just to update, I've been trying to connect for a little over 3 hours, I've yet to see a peer or seed, is something wrong?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
vlad said:
Just to update, I've been trying to connect for a little over 3 hours, I've yet to see a peer or seed, is something wrong?

Not sure, I got 2 Seeds right now. I think the Program is only showing what my Seed is doing, so I cannot tell if the guys that got the full file split afterwards or what. I know it shows 2 seeds right now, but I know for a fact about 5 people have gotten the full file thus far so I would expect more seeds.

- Mike G.

sillycon

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
NP

Actually looking at the Swarm Diagram, I see what is happening.

Think of it as a Clock.

It is at 1, it gives that peer the right to download and cuts off everyone else, then when it moves to 2, it gives that peer the right to download and cuts off everyone else and so forth and so forth. So you have 16 numbers on the clock right now and it is moving through each one at a time. I would prefer it to give precedence to those that have the highest percent of the file so they
can quickly become seeders.

Somebody that has an IP that starts with "85.181" (dont want to give out the entire number) has 90% of the file and should be a seeder real soon.

Hopefully that person will seed once he has the entire file.

Update: There are now 3 Peers that are up to 90%.

- Mike G.

They don't have to have the whole file to start seeding. Even with incomplete files, torrents should be seeding other clients with whatever parts of the file they have. That's how the protocol works... If they aren't doing that, then perhaps they're using hacked clients to avoid uploading at all... If that's the case, I'd ban them from receiving the file since they're killing the overall spirit of using torrents...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
sillycon said:
They don't have to have the whole file to start seeding. Even with incomplete files, torrents should be seeding other clients with whatever parts of the file they have. That's how the protocol works... If they aren't doing that, then perhaps they're using hacked clients to avoid uploading at all... If that's the case, I'd ban them from receiving the file since they're killing the overall spirit of using torrents...

Yes, I understand that.

How can one tell who if they are using a hacked version or not? I see all the clients say they are using Azureus but that is all the info it gives.

- Mike G.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yes, I understand that.

How can one tell who if they are using a hacked version or not? I see all the clients say they are using Azureus but that is all the info it gives.

- Mike G.
Im using ABC, which shouldnt affect that at all and I have been waiting about 2 hours to start downloading the game. I might go and try Azureus...

EndGame

Reaction score
As the one who started this crap ;) I should be able to download. Someone seed, dangit!

I'm going to go ahead and leave my bit torrent program open all night, just in case.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I tried to upload the torrent to that site, but get this:

ERROR: NO ID Assigned - infohash/file may already exist!

aznhalf

Reaction score
I'll keep it open all night, and I know there were at least 5 other seeders when my DL finished an hour ago.

EndGame

Reaction score
aznhalf said:
I'll keep it open all night, and I know there were at least 5 other seeders when my DL finished an hour ago.
Where are you downloading? I'm trying to get it from the original place that was linked, and I've got no seeders here.

marchetta

Reaction score
vlad said:
I'm having the same problem. So, you're not alone.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Could have just uploaded it to www.filefront.com and let everyone download it the conventional way. I usually run at 350kb/s upload speeds on filefront.com.

Would save a lot of trouble trying to depend on other people to get your video.

aznhalf

Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
Could have just uploaded it to www.filefront.com and let everyone download it the conventional way. I usually run at 350kb/s upload speeds on filefront.com.

That would be too easy=P

marchetta

Reaction score
TEK2000 said:

Hey MickGreen58, we appreciate your effort, but you may have to do it TEK2000's conventional way. I went to mininova to see why my connection isn't working, and it lists seeders and peers as dashes (--). So, there's apparently something wrong. Try uploading it to a conventional site overnight and post the link tomorrow. Thanks again, you get an 'A' for effort!

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I am downloading it, for now anyway.... it is working.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Yeah, uploading to filefront would be great.

I can never seem to get these bittorrents to work.