Twitter: Archer: Cowboys won't be looking at top free agents

phildadon86

Reaction score
Every teams core is built thru the draft.

They won their championship in FA.
Yeah. Having a guy allowing 1 sack all year they got in the draft really did nothing for them lol. You're delusional man.

pgreptom

Reaction score

Well that didn't work. Let's try it again. And again. Etc.

After you ink Dak for 40m apy.. there's really not a lot of room for prime FA. Theyd have to borrow from the future / activate clauses in contracts like Dlaw, Cooper, maybe Martin.

I get it, we all want shiny things... But be reasonable about your wishes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You find it strange that the people who say that Jerry and his son cannot be trusted to pick another QB seem to be confident that those same guys can “nail the draft”

I find it weird that they don't trust them to find a QB too while ignoring they pulled the last 2 out of thin air and haven't made a real draft investment since Aikman.

Bigdog

Reaction score
In other news water is wet and sun will rise in the East.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen plan on getting a great view of that sunrise rising on their yacht by an exotic island starting the 17th!
I really did not expect us to be players in FA and I hope no one else did. Not surprise to me.

aria

Reaction score
Dak just signed a 160 million dollar....so the Cowboys are in cap hell right? They have no way of signing anyone right? Just because you misunderstood my point is not my fault. Jerry and co. sold y'all this crap about "piece of the pie"....please. Just for them to give Dak everything he wanted and more. Yeah I'm not worried about no "salary cap hell".
No teams are because it doesn’t exist, right? I guess that’s why there are so many football teams that are similar to the few basketball teams who have all the superstars and biggest salaries :rolleyes:

lol. Lol. LOL. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

fivetwos

Reaction score
That is faulty logic because it hasn't been 25 years of constant futility. We've had some very good teams in that period of time. There can only be one winner at the end of each season. That doesn't mean the other 31 teams were all bad teams. We have good and bad years doing the exact same thing so what's there to change?
They have had 8 good seasons during that 25.

Two of them were one seed chokes, which bother me more than the 5-11s.

The caliber of players that came through here during the last 20 of those years and they couldn't ever once advance past the divisional round?

Having a soft coach that makes the owner comfortable is priority over good coaching.

THAT.....if nothing else, needs to be changed.

So, even those "very good" years ended up in tremendous disappointment.

I wouldn't say a word about this if they had maybe made it to a SB and lost....or maybe an NFCGC appearance or two.

Mostly.....its been all about full underachievement in Dallas, to one degree or another.

If THATS what you insist on trusting in and feel like it's a solid plan, then thats up to you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No teams are because it doesn’t exist, right? I guess that’s why there are so many football teams that are similar to the few basketball teams who have all the superstars and biggest salaries :rolleyes:

lol. Lol. LOL. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
It doesn't exist lol. Its a myth. Why do you always ask me this and I give out the same answer like my opinion on this is gonna change lol? Its not. Cap hell is a myth Jerry and Stephen wants you to believe in case if things fail so they can blame Dak's contract.....

phildadon86

Reaction score
I find it weird that they don't trust them to find a QB too while ignoring they pulled the last 2 out of thin air and haven't made a real draft investment since Aikman.
Hey now. They found an amazing Hot Dog at a High School Football Game. Thats saying something !

fivetwos

Reaction score
Every teams core is built thru the draft.

They won their championship in FA.
Thats a good point.

They also don't have dumb and dumber running things.

Choosing and extending the right players is a very big part of what happens on the field.

I just don't see how we are supposed to replicate another teams approach with those two running things.

Thats why I don't want a rebuild right now. Would be a disaster.

I'm hoping for the best from Dak for four years......then when that doesn't work maybe Jerry will be retired and the kid would rather hire someone than take the heat, and this thing can be rebuilt the right way.

That ain't gonna happen now. No way.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
C'mon guys. This is like a weather forecast. If it's over an hour old its no good. That has been the trend but we are talking about Jerry here.

The Natural

Reaction score
You can't pay top dollar for every player. But some of you seem resentful for the Cowboys paying top dollar for any player... enter Dak Prescott that just got paid top dollar and the haters just get madder about it. Stephen Jones has never approached FA looking to pay top dollar. There are diamonds in the rough and those are the FA players Stephen is looking for.
He sure does knock those out of the park every year doesn't he?