Twitter: Archer: Cowboys won't be looking at top free agents

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
It feels like I repeat this in every thread but... Yall really have to stop listening to these talking heads. Those people say crap for clicks because the truth is way more boring.

As soon as I saw the OP+Todd Archer combo, I knew some lies would follow.

Turk

Reaction score
Football is a hobby not a passion when your taking yearly vacations when free agency kicks in.
Yep. For all his talk his actions speak much louder. Refusal to step down as a GM when he admitted himself years ago he should have been fired. As you pointed out there are fewer worse times to be out of the country.

Turk

Reaction score
All Jerry has to do is come back from vacation, quickly sign a couple scrubs from the bargain bin, and say he's all in on winning, and fans get excited.
fan is short for fanatic which means thinking is not allowed

Turk

Reaction score
Not participating in early free agency is one thing.....but going on vacation the week it starts is an insult to fans.

It really is.

As if they don't need to be bothered to pay attention to the rest of the league.
Because they don't; they are the Brain Trust and thus are far beyond those peons.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
It feels like I repeat this in every thread but... Yall really have to stop listening to these talking heads. Those people say crap for clicks because the truth is way more boring.

The draft zone is worse. Dudes hang on the "experts" every word.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

93 trophy points.

aria

Reaction score
I'm flattered lol...but you really need to find something else to do with your spare time. There are so many other good posters on this site you can dick ride.....
That seems more your style. Lol. LOL. LoL

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
There are diamonds in the rough and those are the FA players Stephen is looking for.

I agree with what you're saying, but it seems like we're just epically bad at free agency.

Like I get they can't all be winners but last year's biggest success was an aging a back up QB who played about as well as we all though. Honorable mention to Aldon Smith who disappeared after the first 4-5 games, but I wouldn't even really mention him considering how much of a flyer he was.

McCoy an obvious bust that admittedly didn't cost us anything, same about Clinton-Dix, and Poe (Poe did cost us). Cam Erving who was benched week 1 for an UDFA was another bust. Griffen was okay I guess, but obviously traded mid season.

2019- Randall Cobb was ok, but was a down grade from Beasley and Hyder/Covington who gave us nothing. Robert Quinn was a good trade, however, considering he only cost us draft capital and no financial investment, I'd say he's a separate category.

2018- Allen Hurns; bust before the injury. Thompson a 4th or 5th safety until starting this year and getting benched for Wilson, Cameron Flemming/Marcus Martin, busts. Joe Thomas who is a decent 4th LB was the best of the group

2017- Nolan Carrol, Byron Bell, Stephen Paea, were horrible. Damontre Moore I'd compare to Thompson. Good 4th/5th DE. Jonathan Cooper was ok, but was a down grade from Ron Leary. May have been the right decision to move on, however, if your best signing was a guy replacing a departure and they aren't as good, that is part of how you go from 13-3 to 9-7.

I could go on and on, but we haven't really signed a guy that has had a noticeable impact on the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That seems more your style. Lol. LOL. LoL
LOL....naw you do enough for the whole site lol. Most emotional poster on this site lol. All because Zeke had your girl moonwalking on the ceiling....take it up with Zeke not me.

Carson

Reaction score
Remember when this board thought Dallas killed it in FA last year?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I wouldn’t say kill as Mccoy and Poe were part of the worst run D in the league.

However I really thought haha would be solid at FS

aria

Reaction score
LOL....naw you do enough for the whole site lol. Most emotional poster on this site lol. All because Zeke had your girl moonwalking on the ceiling....take it up with Zeke not me.
Now you’re bringing up zeke? Lol lol LOL LOL...you just can’t let her go, can you? At least you seemed to have gotten over your love affair with Jason Garrett, how you supported him for that long is pretty amazing and says a lot about your football IQ or more like lack of football IQ.

lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Now you’re bringing up zeke? Lol lol LOL LOL...you just can’t let her go, can you? At least you seemed to have gotten over your love affair with Jason Garrett, how you supported him for that long is pretty amazing and says a lot about your football IQ or more like lack of football IQ.

lol
Wrong poster genius lol. I wasn't the Jason Garrett supporter....lying as usual.

1) D-Rider
2) Hater
3) Liar

.....anything else you want to add to the list?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Don't care what is said, they better get 2 legitimate defensive starters in FA or they gonna be trash again.

Sign a DT and S.