Archer: Jerry said, "you'll know it when you see it" regarding potential change to Romo

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Romo wasn't going to make Dez not slip before a pick. Nor was he going to stop the special teams from constant penalties that cost the offense starting position (almost 70 yards difference on that one Beasley run to the NYG 29 yard line). Nor was he going make the defence drop three sure picks in prime return position.

This was a team loss. Dak's first in 11 *** games. Something Romo never did (you guys are so bad you're making me anti-Romo, and he's my favourite player)

Tommy

Reaction score
what agenda? i'm doing math here. he won 11 games in a row. that alone is a bigger trend of his capabilities than the last 2 or 3 games isn't it? to ONLY take those specific games - to me - is the pure definition of agendas.

"i don't like all the data so i'll use the data i want for my purposes"

agenda.

now - how many times has romo "choked" in the big games? can we count those too? how many games has he even PLAYED in the last 2 years? can we look at that?

sigh.
So if the coaching staff replaces Dak does that mean they must have some "agenda" besides winning?

And its not about how many games he's won vs how many he's lost. Its a matter of teams discovering a weakness in Dak's game, exploiting it, and essentially shutting down our offense. And teams are going to keep exploiting it every week until he learns to beat it.

I think he will figure it out. But if he cant do it sooner rather than later they may decide to put Romo in.

Simple logic. No agenda other than making whatever move gives you the best chance to win a Super Bowl this year.

Tommy

Reaction score
It's not likely just that, though. If Tony get's put back in, it will be his team again until he decides to retire. Now instead of getting something for him and some much needed cap relief, we get a QB who at the very end of his career anyway. And instead of Dak being in his second year, getting much needed game time experience, he's holding a clipboard.
No to everything you said here.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Pay closer attention Dak is being sacrificed. They will loose next week with another lame conservative game plan making sure to pull Zeke off the field on 3rd down so Zeke can't bail out Dak. all so Garrett can put Romo on the field. Not a good way to go about it. Garrett doesn't have the stones to play his best QB against the media's approval.
To be honest, it's kind of difficult to "pay attention" to most of the garbage that is being spewed on both sides of this debate. Sorry i asked.

Tommy

Reaction score
Romo has been taking some first team reps in practice every week since his return. They have been slowly increasing those 1st team reps every week. Dak can hear Romos legacy and he knows a vanilla game plan when he sees it. And Zeke coming off the field on third down ? He's not stupid he knows what's coming. Too bad, all they had to do was ask him to sit. Daks not as fragile as many are lead to believe. Too bad the coaching staff feels like they are backed into a corner and must throw Dak under the bus. You could blame the media. But the truth is it all fails squarely on Garrett.
Sounds like you are watching daytime soap opera's and added a Cowboy's theme to it.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Very stupid comparisons. Those teams do not have a Pro Bowl caliber QB on the bench.

Civil War bravado! how enduring. well okay they also don't have an Elijah Price (Mr. Glass) qb on the sidelines. 2 can play this Civil War game.

Those teams also aren't 11-2. those qbs also didn't help team go on an 11 game win streak. and on and on and on...

unbreakable-142504.png

weaver21

Reaction score
I think our fanbase is officially divided. Quite sad to see if I'm being perfectly honest lol. I've never seen a 11-2 team's fan base divided like ours. We're all Cowboys fans and we all want to see them win a Super Bowl and we should support decision whatever decisions the team's make. Sure, we can disagree on it and discuss it here on the forum, but we have no say in the decisions. I didn't think this forum could sink lower than last year when we had fans rooting for losses, but I believe it has. It's a damn shame because I love coming on here and discussing topics with all these great and diehard Cowboys fans on here. But seeing how divided it is now, seeing people brand each other "Romo lovers" or "Dak lovers" is just sad and it makes our fan base look bad in general.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Romo wasn't going to make Dez not slip before a pick. Nor was he going to stop the special teams from constant penalties that cost the offense starting position (almost 70 yards difference on that one Beasley run to the NYG 29 yard line). Nor was he going make the defence drop three sure picks in prime return position.

This was a team loss. Dak's first in 11 *** games. Something Romo never did (you guys are so bad you're making me anti-Romo, and he's my favourite player)

So the lack of 3rd down conversions through the air is not on Daky poo....because reasons. Yes, Dez slipped. That's one drive. What about all the others? Got any reasons for that?

And another "I love Romo so much!" post. Apparently if you say that, you're totally unbiased!

Tommy

Reaction score
The playcalling is fine. Dak has to pull the damn trigger. The OL is giving him plenty of time. Again, Dak has to pull the damn trigger.

The NFL has figured him out. Load up on Zeke, zone out the middle of the field so Beasley can't hurt you there, make sure the left defensive end doesn't fall for the play-action bootleg, and keep Dak in the pocket. Cowboys solved.

Romo would laugh at these fronts. They're 70-yard touchdowns waiting to happen. Then, they'd have to back off, and Zeke would have room to roam. That's what the elite veterans do.
Good post!

And that no slight to Dak Prescott. He is a rookie QB and this is the reason why they often struggle. I think he will figure it out and be a great QB but its going to take some time.