Archer: Jerry said, "you'll know it when you see it" regarding potential change to Romo

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I love Romo and appreciate what he's done for this team. But to sit there and blatantly ignore how many games he himself has costed us is laughable. One thing Romo also never had to endure is an owner who believes in him one day and then goes on the radio the next day basically saying look over your shoulder.

Another "I love Romo, I swear!" - Always the response. Rids of all biases, I guess.

Yes, Romo had some bad games...he played for 10 freakin' seasons man. No one denies the fact that Romo has had some bad games. Haha, I mean, of course.

And Romo just went through that when getting healthy and getting benched.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Its comical how all a sudden Romo is a bum and people want him gone for good, when last year we ALL were counting the seconds until he came back.

Winning should come before anything else, and if you think we are going to continue to win with the qb play we have been getting lately, you couldnt be anymore wrong.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
But its ok to ignore that Dak has done that repeatedly this season? Kind of a double edged sword there no? I love Romo. I dont hate him at all. Im just saying Dak has earned his spot. To have him now looking over his shoulder after 1 horrible game is not fair at all to the kid who got us where we are now.

Dak has never put the team on his back. With the offense we have set up, it's one of the most QB friendly in the league.

And before you point out last year, yes a QB has to have SOME talent. No one denies Prescott has some good qualities. But to pretend he's put this team on his back, come on now.

windjc

Reaction score
It's 100% correct. People said there is no way we can win without Tony Romo and I told you we would win. People said I was an idiot then, today we sit at 11-2.

Youre caught up in Zeke because he's something sexy you can point at. DMC and the other guy would've produced enough for us to be the exact 11-2. You think only Zeke could've run through those holes at Pittsburg? Please.

My G files:http://cowboyszone.com/threads/the-tragic-comedy-that-is-our-beloved-team.355419/#post-6784569 http://cowboyszone.com/threads/prescott-during-romos-absence.355726/#post-6792226
Right. Dmac can't make the jumpcuts to convert fourth and 1s. Dmac couldn't get first downs last year in short yardage situations and he couldnt punch it into the endzone. Like I said, you brought some HIGH LEVEL IGNORANCE into this place.

Gameover

Reaction score
It's 100% correct. People said there is no way we can win without Tony Romo and I told you we would win. People said I was an idiot then, today we sit at 11-2.

Youre caught up in Zeke because he's something sexy you can point at. DMC and the other guy would've produced enough for us to be the exact 11-2. You think only Zeke could've run through those holes at Pittsburg? Please.

My G files:http://cowboyszone.com/threads/the-tragic-comedy-that-is-our-beloved-team.355419/#post-6784569 http://cowboyszone.com/threads/prescott-during-romos-absence.355726/#post-6792226
In the case you forgot:

Gameover

Reaction score
Right. Dmac can't make the jumpcuts to convert fourth and 1s. Dmac couldn't get first downs last year in short yardage situations and he couldnt punch it into the endzone. Like I said, you brought some HIGH LEVEL IGNORANCE into this place.

Morris in short yardage. We do know DMC can run through the mac truck holes Zeke has seen

Last edited:

Gameover

Reaction score
100 percent correct? We had DMC last year and the same line. Were we 11-2? DMC got chased down by La'El Collins. Give me a break.

We didn't have a QB. Hence why Dak is more valuable than Zeke. Take Dak(or any QB playing at a high level) away and Zeke don't amount to spit.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Very rarely does a pro team have a former All Pro QB as the backup. But in recent history where that was the case, the team switched and won the Super Bowl.
so...once.

still don't understand all the "gosh look at the trend" people.

1 game to pull from, 3 bad games out of 13...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It's not whatever. It sends a horrible message to the team, and to Dak. It also means Tony is likely back next year and we get nothing for him when he's at the end of his career anyway, and Dak then loses a year of on field experience and gains a year of rust.

They never should have moved on to Dak if they weren't committed to him.

I believe they are committed to Dak.

I don't believe Romo is getting in there unless Dak gets hurt.

I know people are reading into what Jerry is saying but I believe the coaching staff has already decided, weeks ago, that they're ride or die with Dak.

Romo will not play unless Dak gets hurt or gets up by 30+ points in the 4th quarter.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak has never put the team on his back. With the offense we have set up, it's one of the most QB friendly in the league.

And before you point out last year, yes a QB has to have SOME talent. No one denies Prescott has some good qualities. But to pretend he's put this team on his back, come on now.
Baltimore. Pittsburgh. Green Bay. Philly. He led this team to wins we normally wouldn't get. Between him and Zeke. You wanna take away the fact he has had this team on his back. I can't help you. That's blatant ignorance.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I believe they are committed to Dak.

I don't believe Romo is getting in there unless Dak gets hurt.

I know people are reading into what Jerry is saying but I believe the coaching staff has already decided, weeks ago, that they're ride or die with Dak.

Romo will not play unless Dak gets hurt or gets up by 30+ points in the 4th quarter.

and these tend to be the same people who ***** cause jones talks to much and never has anything of value to say.

life provides its own show for you if you know where to look.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I think Coaches are committed to Dak just as they showed commitment to Romo and how most organization will back their QB. Clearly it falls to Dak to go out and produce but I don't see any teams yanking their QB because of 1 loss. Maybe Cleveland would lol

They showed commitment to Romo? When? When they were putting inferior teams around him for most of the past ten years? Maybe when they destroyed the formula in 2015 that so obviously worked in 2014? Maybe letting him go out there last year when his collarbone clearly wasn't healed yet? Or maybe relegating him to a backup role, despite the fact that he should have been the league MVP in the last season he was fully healthy? (and that's not true either, he broke a bone in his back in 2014 too, took him all of one game to get back). That kind of commitment?

With commitment like that, who needs enemies?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They showed commitment to Romo? When? When they were putting inferior teams around him for most of the past ten years? Maybe when they destroyed the formula in 2015 that so obviously worked in 2014? Maybe letting him go out there last year when his collarbone clearly wasn't healed yet? Or maybe relegating him to a backup role, despite the fact that he should have been the league MVP in the last season he was fully healthy? (and that's not true either, he broke a bone in his back in 2014 too, took him all of one game to get back). That kind of commitment?

With commitment like that, who needs enemies?

Dallas offense in many of the years was a top 10 offense. I like Tony and if the roles were reversed and he was in Dak position I would support him remaining as well. Coaches are not going to freak out like the some of the fans will and do. They named Dak the starter he is the starter like it or not and they will not run for him after 1 loss. Nor did they ever look to replace Romo after bad outings.

In 10 years as starting QB how many QB has Dallas brought in to even compete for the job? I would say that was a lot of faith and being committed to Romo

bsbellomy

Reaction score
But its ok to ignore that Dak has done that repeatedly this season? Kind of a double edged sword there no? I love Romo. I dont hate him at all. Im just saying Dak has earned his spot. To have him now looking over his shoulder after 1 horrible game is not fair at all to the kid who got us where we are now.

Dak has done nothing this season 15-20 other guys in the league couldn't do. He's got the best running back in football, a clean pocket 80% of the time, and every defense we play #1 goal is to stop the run, and if you can't see then you are blatantly ignorant.

slick325

Reaction score
fwiw and I know that post wasn't for me, and I'm not one pushing for Romo to start vs Tampa....

Here's some facts:
  • Romo has been the starter for most of the season for 8 seasons. (2006,7,8,9,11,12,13,14)
  • They've made it to the playoffs half the time. 4 years (2006,7,9,14)
  • Made it to the 2nd round 75% of those times...3 of the 4. (2 by wins and 1 with a bye)

So really, getting to the playoffs half the time is not something terrible.
Maybe the legit complaint is they never made past round 2.
2007 was the year for that, imo. Lost to the SB champs...but happened to play them earlier than Green bay and New England--who also lost to them. Still, that was the year.
2014--he balled out, but it wasn't enough. No sane person could point at his playoff performance in 2014 (highest rated QB in all of the playoffs) as the culprit.

Of the only years they didn't make the playoffs, where he played most of the season....
One year they were 9-7 and didn't get in. A bit of fail that year, imo.
Then there were some absolutely atrocious teams (maybe 3-13 or 4-12 type teams) that somehow made it to 8-8.
One, I think, had the 32nd ranked defense in the league...and the lines and run game were terrible too.

So no losing seasons in his career,
5 out of 8 winning seasons, and
3 .500 seasons.

The Romo narrative that the media perpetuated and even the Cowboys fan base bought into is ridiculous. Thanks for this post DFWJC.

Hope the Cowboys can win it all this season and also hope Romo gets the chance to play for a contender in 2017 if he wants to continue his career.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak has done nothing this season 15-20 other guys in the league couldn't do. He's got the best running back in football, a clean pocket 80% of the time, and every defense we play #1 goal is to stop the run, and if you can't see then you are blatantly ignorant.
Really? 15-20 other guys? I'd love to hear some names.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
so...once.

still don't understand all the "gosh look at the trend" people.

1 game to pull from, 3 bad games out of 13...
This is probably the trend they're looking at over the past 6 games. It's not pretty. A rookie wall, particularly for QBs, is a real thing.

mMUQQ5F.png

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Todd Archer reporting ..

On 105.3 The Fan in Dallas Tuesday, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said "you'll know it when you see it," when talking about a potential change from Dak Prescott to Tony Romo down the stretch but he did not have a definitive scenario in which a move would be made.

Love it. Jerry speaking on the issue yesterday...

"No. No. No. No. Not at all. Let me just say that."

And now, Jerry speaking on the subject all of 24 hours later...

On Tuesday, Jones called the quarterback debate a "legitimate discussion."

"I understand the question, but I don't want to get into the scenario. It goes too far into talking about what we don't want to talk about," Jones said, alluding to injury or poor play. "But given the need for [Romo], we want him ready on the spur of the moment to be a part of any effort we make ... to win the ballgames.

"And, so, it would be when we all probably thought it was time for him to come in and play. I don't want to give you those circumstances because I don't like either one of the discussions."

Yup, sure sounds like they're fully committed to Dak alright! LOL.