Are the Cowboys tanking on purpose?

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't ever believe any "insider" on what they say Jerry is gonna do.... cuz even Jerry himself has no idea or clue what he is doing. He is absolutely frozen in fear with any action he may take that would commit him long term with any of his players, heck even coaches. Not making a decision is making a decision. And how does one semi-tank.? You either all in or you're not. Anyway, this is becoming a lost year fast and depending on the draft to replace all your lost starters is in a way, tanking.

So everyone get your scuba gear and your flippers and ready to go in, all in, deep sea scuba diving.
Yup, this has all the appearances of a tank, but, as bad as Jerry is as a GM, he's even worse at tearing down to speed up the rebuild. Or, even worse, he has no clue that it needs to be done.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They aren't smart enough to tank.
Yep, that would mean trading Micah....we don't trade as we fear the media saying Jerry lost on that deal.
It's probably what's rattling around his head on Dak, his MO is to extend, but he keeps hearing, in the media, how France got the better of him last time.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How are they tanking? What great player did they lose? The cowboys didn't go out and add talent so that is true but they didn't exactly lose anyone that will cost them games. Before yall say tyron his replacement is tyler and he'll be fine.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep, that would mean trading Micah....we don't trade as we fear the media saying Jerry lost on that deal.
It's probably what's rattling around his head on Dak, his MO is to extend, but he keeps hearing, in the media, how France got the better of him last time.
Jerry covets his own players. He is absolutely terrified that they will go elsewhere and do well. And that goes back to the same old fact, he runs this org through the eyes of a fan, not through the eyes of a guy who understands all the workings of the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
How are they tanking? What great player did they lose? The cowboys didn't go out and add talent so that is true but they didn't exactly lose anyone that will cost them games. Before yall say tyron his replacement is tyler and he'll be fine.
Armstrong. Bad a ss. Pollard.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Well since Dak is the cap's biggest offender, maybe Dak could play QB and LT both to help earn his keep. Give him a chance to prove his elite value. :laugh:
Ha ha , nice plan . Get a big blocking RB and use him to protect Dak’s blind side and Dak use his legs to slide right and throw ! Sounds like a plan ! LOL

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's still pissed at the awesome performance of the team in the playoff. He should be fine after the preseason.

Bagman

Reaction score
How in the world can anyone ask if we are tanking ? Didn't we just sign Chuma Edoga and Royce Freeman ? That sounds a lot like a team serious about winning championships.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Well I asked an ESPN insider who is a member of my club and he emphatically said NO! He said Jerry thinks he can fill the holes with the draft and some lower level free agents. I also asked him if Dak was being shopped around and he said he has not heard anything that would support his.

Nothing earth shattering but thought I would share.
We’ve been tanking for almost three decades

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Well I asked an ESPN insider who is a member of my club and he emphatically said NO! He said Jerry thinks he can fill the holes with the draft and some lower level free agents. I also asked him if Dak was being shopped around and he said he has not heard anything that would support his.

So you asked a disney employee about football?

ArtClink

Reaction score
It is beyond clear at this point that without major help from a strong HOF type head coach at his side, Jerry Jones is literally incapable of putting together a nucleus of players that can win in the playoffs. Even more true in the modern cap era. Tank on purpose? I’m not sure the Jones boys would even know how to do that right.

Jerry has hired some decent help. Will McClay is an outstanding scout of talent. But he doesn’t draft the players and he doesn’t develop a roster building strategy. Jerry and Stephen Jones are the be all-end all architects of what this team does every year. Without accountability for failure or the oversight of an owner who puts winning championship first and foremost. That says it all. They not only don’t know how to build a championship roster, they aren’t that driven to do it anyway.
“Even a blind squirrel finds a nut” & “even a stopped clock is right twice a day“, so pls be patient with the fuhrer. He should have another 10 to 15 years of managing and coaching this team and he just might find a nut. After all, he is in the hall of fame. Just sayin’ …

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score

Funny how this "ESPN Insider" speaks exactly like all of us in here.

coult44

Reaction score

You have to lose more than you win to. Tank. As much as we hate everything right now. Cowboys stillnwinn10-12 games this year. Then JJ gets to stay in the news next offseason as well when he brings in Belecheck, and Carroll, and Saben all to the same staff.

plasticman

Reaction score
To go from three consecutive 12-5 seasons to deliberately tanking would be noticed, to put it mildly. It would be very difficult to hide considering the number of All-Pros and Pro Bowlers on the roster.

It would probably take more effort and strategic planning to tank the season than it would to make it to a conference championship game. Frankly, Cowboys management lacks that particular skill level.

In addition, can Jerry toss out a year in the hopes of achieving a championship at a later time?
Does Jerry have enough time to sacrifice time? I would think that Jerry's mentality would be the exact opposite. Every season could potentially be his last. You know he has to be thinking about that.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are not tanking, they are working on 11, 88 and 4. That is their priority. Just my .02….I didn’t say I agree with it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They are not tanking, they are working on 11, 88 and 4. That is their priority. Just my .02….I didn’t say I agree with it.
Yes. GM Jethro is in deep negotiations with himself on 4,11 and 88.