Are we a better team now than at season end?

Are we a better team now than at season end?

• Total voters

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm sorry but this is such a dumb response!
Saying we are a much better team simply because we added a coach that was on the couch for a year, since he won a SB a decade ago with one of the best QBs of all time is so dumb.

Hell, Kubiak won a ring half as many years ago, we should have just hired him instead since that's all it takes to be a better team! It's that simple.
If you don’t think we are a much better team adding Big Mike and getting rid of Garrett there is nothing I can say to you.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I think I know the answer here.

Losing T. Frederick, B. Jones, R. Quinn and many others makes it difficult to say definitively it is a "yes", but I think a lot of people will say "yes"
Talent-wise I'm not sure. Coaching? McCarthy and his staff seem to understand what to prioritize for winning football.
That is a big upgrade.

aria

Reaction score
We will be a far better coached team, where we don't need a pro-bowler at every position.
Just a HOF QB.

We should also better just based on our easy schedule. Goodell has given us the keys to the Super Bowl, let’s see if MM can do it without Rodgers or Favre.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Losing T. Frederick, B. Jones, R. Quinn and many others makes it difficult to say definitively it is a "yes", but I think a lot of people will say "yes"

Difficult because we lost prime Deion in Byron Jones? Losing Frederick was the only real loss, because of his leadership. The other playrers, all replacable. No big losses.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think the roster moves are a trade off except for losing Frederick. The coaching should be slightly better but people keep forgetting McCarthy had Rodgers as his QB and those teams were never known for their defense. Mike Nolan was a LB coach the last few years with the Saints. You look at his resume as a defensive coordinator and he hasnt really been that good since he left the Ravens. Getting rid of Marinelli and Garrett was a must but Im not as sold as many here are on this new coaching staff. I do like that McCarthy appears to have more control than Garrett and time will tell how things go.

Swanny

Reaction score
I haven't read many responses but I think it's an obvious YES. With The Clap being eliminated and being replaced by McDouble this team is far better

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is a serious question.

Just changing head coaches and the coaching staff alone makes this a better team.

Add in all the roster changes and it's a slam dunk. I mean, it's not even close.

The Cowboys are waaaaaaaaaaaay better than they were 3 months ago.

Big Dog I'm with ya all the way.
The coaching change is an automatic improvement simply because Garrett is gone.
The addition of Poe and McCoy will improve our run defense and Gallimore will improve our DT depth.
I think Trevon Diggs will actually be an upgrade at CB, he's a ball hawk. Unlike Byron Jones, Diggs actually looks for the ball.
LVE is healthy now, that's an improvement.
I believe Lamb, Gallup, Cooper, and Jarwin are going to be a hell-on-wheels receiving corps for defenses to deal with.
Our FG percentages should improve over last year with 2 new kickers, Zuerlein and Forbath competing for the job.
Are we a better team? YES!!! :flagwave:

Last edited:

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I'm sorry , but Fred Beard was not the same player we had grown accustomed to and will everyone please stop overlooking Quinn being a glaring liability on running plays ?

Jones will be the most difficult to replace , but I believe Diggs will become a good player in a year or two..............

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think it's a far too complex subject to be summed up in just a yes or no answer.

cowboygo

Reaction score

We became less top heavy but added depth in the secondary and both interior lines. Only hole is the right defensive end. I do think last year's squad with this coaching staff would beat this year's squad though.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
So you have nothing to reply to the facts presented?

Correct, you have nothing of value to say.
If you haven’t noticed about half the posters on here are saying the exact same thing as me. I’ll say it one more time. We are a much better team because we dumped Garrett and hired Big Mike as our HC.
What do you say to those facts presented?