CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am shocked at how close this is. Dak may not be an elite QB, there are very, very few of those in the world. But IMHO, he's pretty good and we can definitely win with him at the helm. I think we'd have a very hard time finding a better player than Dak Prescott, that's actually obtainable.
That's true, but not completely relevant to the question.

J-man

Reaction score
That's true, but not completely relevant to the question.
I guess not, I guess some people can live in a fantasy world where they dream of having the next Joe or Tom come walking through the door. Or maybe they can pray that Dak and the team just sucks so they can get a top draft pick to try and draft a unicorn. Because we all know that all top QB draft picks are FHOF players right?
But until then, IMO we should be very happy to have a player of Dak's caliber.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since we are around a month away from the start of training camp, I thought it would be a good time to gauge the satisfaction level with Dak Prescott as the Dallas Cowboys quarterback.

As always, I do not provide "easy out" options in CZ Polls because that defeats the purpose of the polls.
We need a "not sure" option.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since we are around a month away from the start of training camp, I thought it would be a good time to gauge the satisfaction level with Dak Prescott as the Dallas Cowboys quarterback.

As always, I do not provide "easy out" options in CZ Polls because that defeats the purpose of the polls.
Oh I guess I should have read this first , eh?

I don't see it ("not sure") as "easy out". I see it as the way I feel about it.

I am neither happy nor unhappy about something that hasn't happened yet. As of this moment, he's our QB. I will cheer him on and hope for a bit of extra luck we been missing out on so often.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I am shocked at how close this is. Dak may not be an elite QB, there are very, very few of those in the world. But IMHO, he's pretty good and we can definitely win with him at the helm. I think we'd have a very hard time finding a better player than Dak Prescott, that's actually obtainable.
That's what some said when we got rid of Garrett. We can't do any better then him. Not here. Not with Jerry. So we just stay in the middle forever. And I was a big Dak supporter in his early years. But I really soured on him last year. He has too many deer in the headlights big games. Winning in the regular season and in the playoffs are two different things and the stage looked too big for him at least it has against the 49ers. We'll see what he does this year but if he plays the same way then what's the point?

J-man

Reaction score
That's what some said when we got rid of Garrett. We can't do any better then him. Not here. Not with Jerry. So we just stay in the middle forever. And I was a big Dak supporter in his early years. But I really soured on him last year. He has too many deer in the headlights big games. Winning in the regular season and in the playoffs are two different things and the stage looked too big for him at least it has against the 49ers. We'll see what he does this year but if he plays the same way then what's the point?
I completely understand the concerns. He has made all of us wonder how good he actually is.
But someone needs to tell me who's replacing him before we ship him out the door. Because I just don't see any legitimate options out there that are clearly better than Dak.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need a "not sure" option.
That's an "easy out" option which are rarely provided in official CZ Polls.

If you are not sure (which is perfectly reasonable), then do not vote.

The point of the poll is to gauge fans who have definitive opinions on the poll questions.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
13 pages. Some posts read like there are strings attached.

It is Dak Prescott's eighth season. That should be more than enough time for anyone to know for themselves whether they are happy or not with Prescott as Dallas' quarterback right now.

The poll has nothing to do with how anyone might feel about Prescott in training camp, preseason, regular and/or postseason. Also, the poll has nothing to do with what the front office has done with the position during the previous seven seasons or this season or every season yet to come. And the poll definitely has zero to do with what any of us would have or would do with the position if we were the general manager.

Right now. This second. Are you happy with Prescott? Or are you not happy with Prescott? There are no wrong votes. How you might feel about Prescott later has nothing to do with this thread's question. Like the AT&T commercials say, "It's not complicated." lol.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh I guess I should have read this first , eh?

I don't see it ("not sure") as "easy out". I see it as the way I feel about it.

I am neither happy nor unhappy about something that hasn't happened yet. As of this moment, he's our QB. I will cheer him on and hope for a bit of extra luck we been missing out on so often.
Polls are useless if you provide "I'm not sure" or "I don't care" or "I'm good with him if he wins but not if he loses" types of options because most fans would pick one of those options to avoid being wrong or to avoid being criticized.

Not every poll is for every fan. As I said above, it is perfectly reasonable to not have an opinion on a poll and simply skip it. There is definitely nothing wrong with that mindset.

The polls are for fans who have definitive opinions who also want to share them.

That is why most of the CZ Polls outside of things like season predictions will typically have only 2 or 3 options provided.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Just like Hurts, Dak's last year was a fluke. I don't see Dak putting up 15+ INTs.

MM's WCO will mitigate the turnovers and make Dak a candidate for MVP. You read it here first.
well, considering that was a career high - way to go out on a limb there. however, it was only 12 games, not 17. making it likely an even worse year overall.

dak is dak. he's not going to suddenly stop throwing them any more than any other qb will. he is what he is and he's simply never shown enough to put faith into him he will suddenly "learn" or be "mitigated.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I guess not, I guess some people can live in a fantasy world where they dream of having the next Joe or Tom come walking through the door. Or maybe they can pray that Dak and the team just sucks so they can get a top draft pick to try and draft a unicorn. Because we all know that all top QB draft picks are FHOF players right?
But until then, IMO we should be very happy to have a player of Dak's caliber.
There's also the train of thought that it's easier for a rookie QB to fit into and run a winning team (ala Dak, Hurts or even Purdy).... I thought our strength is drafting?
If our QB finds difficulty in scoring TD's when time's ticking and defenses sit in coverage he'll always be a nearly man. He may get lucky, but a good caliber, has to be able to step up in the play-offs

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can someone post Dak's signature wins during his 7-year career?
Let's see what comes to mind......Hawks (thks Zeke) Bucs( 8-9 ) playoff team.
Hmmmmmmm anybody has something to add that might be considered a signature win by Dakko?
P.S. Why do I have a hunch 2016 will be on the menu for the above?

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Consistency would be nice. You look flawless against Tampa one week and than look like you are playing your first game the next week in SF. Frustrating
Tampa was a dog and the Niners not so much lol..... :muttley:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Polls are useless if you provide "I'm not sure" or "I don't care" or "I'm good with him if he wins but not if he loses" types of options because most fans would pick one of those options to avoid being wrong or to avoid being criticized.

Not every poll is for every fan. As I said above, it is perfectly reasonable to not have an opinion on a poll and simply skip it. There is definitely nothing wrong with that mindset.

The polls are for fans who have definitive opinions who also want to share them.

That is why most of the CZ Polls outside of things like season predictions will typically have only 2 or 3 options provided.
I always thought polls were for trying to find the truth of things, or at least the truth of what people think. Keeping that opinion out reduces that truth.

Defining things in only back or white.

I guess we see it differently and that is okay. Guess I won't participate then.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I always thought polls were for trying to find the truth of things, or at least the truth of what people think. Keeping that opinion out reduces that truth.

Defining things in only back or white.

I guess we see it differently and that is okay. Guess I won't participate then.
oh "my answer" wasn't there, but i'll still answer.

no. i just don't think he will get the job done in the end.

John813

Reaction score
In a perfect world, I would like to move on. Felt the same with Romo prior to his last payday after he was the starting QB with little success(outside of individual) to show for it.

I feel Prescott is a legit NFL starter, but add in fluke but yearly injuries, new possible contract, and inconsistent play, just not sure if he's that guy to pull the team on his back and win a championship.

Romo was a gunslinger and lived and died off throws that wowed us or made us curse. I feel like Dak is in the same boat but for not having that top tier ability to read the defense as quickly as he needs to.
But on the other hand, the QB market has one of the biggest swings in talent in the NFL.

Voted no, but hope he does well/proves me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.