CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
This dude brags about 2020 Dak but ignores Dak leading the NFL in fumbles and INTs when he was injured.

As I said... typical Dak over Dallas thinking and their "look over here, but not over there" mindset.
I just need to hear you say I love the Cowboys and regardless of how I feel about Dak, I bleed blue and I hope he's successful because it also means the team is successful.

Repeat it over and over, sleep with it, and wake up a new man... or woman. However you choose just walk a step in someone else shoes.

Motorola

Reaction score
Hopefully, Dak beats him to a Super Bowl victory.
Elway had two Super Bowl victories to close out his HOF career.

'rambo2' --- I surmise you meant \ want Prescott to lead the Cowboys to an NFL Championship = a Super Bowl Title in his 8th season....which would occour long before Elway achieving that accomplishment in his 15th NFL season (followed up by a consecutive Championship\Title in his 16th and final season).

Hadenough

Reaction score
I'm not excited about Dak being the QB this season.
Are you serious? They needed a corner a lot more than they needed a QB. Most didn’t even think Hurts was that good when Philly drafted him. Most of this board still think he sucks. It’s funny now that he had a great season last year some are bashing the team for not drafting him. Lol
I wanted to draft Hurts instead of pay Dak. When I saw Hurts play in college I figured he was as good as Dak. I had no idea he was going to be better. But it does make sense he has better pedigree.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm not excited about Dak being the QB this season.
I wanted to draft Hurts instead of pay Dak. When I saw Hurts play in college I figured he was as good as Dak. I had no idea he was going to be better. But it does make sense he has better pedigree.
Would love to see the post where you said that. Hurts was better last season but he still didn’t put up big numbers. He put up only 3700 yards and 22 TDs. Dak was better in practically every category his rookie year. He had more TDs, a higher passer rating, fewer INTs and only 100 fewer passing yards.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Enough not have a team good enough to carry him and he is not good enough to carry the team.

He taught us this lesson on his rookie deal and the team didn’t learn now every season is a reminder of this fact.
so what's your solution? you complain a whole bunch. to the tune of 1000s of comments, but yet to provide any alternative that would make this team clearly better.

or are you one of those guys with the rush crush.... :lmao2:

kskboys

Reaction score
I think you are reading in something that is not really there.

I was posting a response to another member (context matters in this case) that was specifically talking about not liking fans with opposing views.

I think the fun in communities like this beyond the news aspect is in hearing different perspectives and opinions. Sure, we may not always agree, but it still provides new information for consideration.

The only point I made was that I found it shocking how upset some fans get when other fans disagree with them.

That has nothing to do with the Cowboys organization, but more to do with people expecting people to think like they do and then being offended when they realize a lot do not.

As for me, I support every player on the team and hope they play great because that means the team has a better chance of winning.

Like most fans though I have my opinions on which players are more likely to do that and, as such, are more likely to help the team win.

Now, when the season is over and players can be released, traded or replaced, I hope they release or replace the ones I do not like.

My point in saying our opinions do not matter to the Cowboys or any organization until it impacts their revenue stream was to try to explain that fans disagreeing with you is not the end of the world as it is not like their opinions are going to impact the team more than yours will.

We are all just fans after all, so all we have are opinions and hope when it comes to the teams we support, but it is nice to be able to discuss those other fans.
This place, and society in general, is overrun w/ virtue signaling, self righteousness, and an extreme focus on deriding others.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Season after season Cowboys fans have been waiting for WENTZ 2.0 to step into a phone booth and come out as the 2016 Dakota Prescot and for the last 6 years we've ended up with nothing more than excuse after excuse as to why NEXT YEAR is going to be Dakota Prescot's year. Folks, that dude left the building a long time ago and we're stuck with an over hyped, over paid, less than mediocre WENTZ 2.0.
you know wentz has a superbowl ring :)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cowboys defense did more than enough to win that game. Joe Burrow under center wins that game because he's good enough to make up for the deficiencies in the run game/OL... He picks up the slack by picking up the passing game,,, savvy?
of course Joe Burrow does that. he was #1 over all pick. he was consensus best player in draft. he is Elite. so please find me an Elite QB. I am all on board.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
of course Joe Burrow does that. he was #1 over all pick. he was consensus best player in draft. he is Elite. so please find me an Elite QB. I am all on board.
A team actively does not use a high pick ona QB, refuses to actually challenge Dak. And somehow your claim is to find you an elite QB. The joke here is that people like you prefer your mediocrity and buy the bilge water Jerry sells you every year that we are somehow close without changing anything. Winners don’t sit around hoping their opponents are going to break their legs or the ref is going to give you a favorable call. That more than anything is the difference between the Championship teams and garbage that is being peddled out by the Cowboys.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
None of this has any impact on my sleep because I do not get worked up over someone criticizing a player I like even if I debate with them over it.

You can hate Dak or love Dak. You can hate any player I like or love any player I do not like. I really do not care. Nor do the Cowboys, and that is the real reason why it is shocking how upset people get over other fans having different opinions.

If everyone on this site hated Dak or everyone on this site loved Dak, it would have zero impact on what the Cowboys do with Dak.

To the Cowboys and all professional sports teams the fans are just revenue dispensers and what we like or do not like matters very little to them unless it significantly impacts their revenue.

Allowing Cowboys fans to vent their frustrations on here is just as important as allowing fans to celebrate the team.

I wish there was less negativity about the Cowboys .. I really do .. but again, after 28 years of failed season after failed season, it has gotten really hard to blame fans for being frustrated and upset.

The fact they are still coming here and posting about their frustrations proves how much they still care about the Cowboys.

The real solution to all of this is for the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl. Winning cures a lot of problems with fan opinions.

Until that happens, you can blame the fans all you want, but its the Cowboys who own that blame.
There are some posters here who could care less about the Cowboys. There’s no arguement.

pete026

Reaction score
So the QB you love can't lead us to wins against good teams is what you're saying?

Expect better from your QB.
I don't love him. You spend more time obsessing over him than just about everyone here. Must be a love-hate relationship.

I was just putting some context to your uninformed post. You should spend some more time in your relationship with him.

rambo2

Reaction score
A team actively does not use a high pick ona QB, refuses to actually challenge Dak. And somehow your claim is to find you an elite QB. The joke here is that people like you prefer your mediocrity and buy the bilge water Jerry sells you every year that we are somehow close without changing anything. Winners don’t sit around hoping their opponents are going to break their legs or the ref is going to give you a favorable call. That more than anything is the difference between the Championship teams and garbage that is being peddled out by the Cowboys.
Garbage? They are well on their way to their 3rd 12 win season in a row. If you think that is garbage, you just don't like football. How can you say that they didn't change anything when they improved a 12 win team. If you win 12 games you certainly are close.

Status
Not open for further replies.