CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If you would like to spend some time going back to look be my guest. I don't put much stock into Daks rookie season. Callahan was here and Zeke ran for 1600 yds avg over 5 yards a carry. Once teams figured out we gotta stop Zeke and make Dak beat us he wasn't able to.
Anyone that doesn't believe Hurts isn't better than Dak just doesn't know football.
It's not always about how many yards your throwing for its quality of throws too. I've seen Dak march this team up and down the field and they end up with 3 FGs. Hurts led the Eagles to 35 points against the Chiefs on the biggest stage. Dak couldn't manage 14 points against the Chiefs in the regular season. Dak continually gets raped by Denver. Your going to see how this season plays out but I already know how it's going to end.
[/QUOTE]
If I had to live on the difference between Prescott and Hurts I’d starve to death. They have a combined 10 seasons in the NFL and a combined 4-6 record in the playoffs. Their respective teams are paying a lot for potential. A whole lot. There’s an exodus of talent when the bill comes due.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak has earned a lot of personal accolades in college and in the pros, but he just hasn’t been able to overcome any postseason challenges

sure he lost Pollard against the Niners but Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts,Allen, Rodgers,Herbert, Tua, etc overcome and score more than 1 TD and 12 total points……that’s what the highest paid player on the team is suppose to do

Nothing personal……just business.
You'd be taken a lot more seriously if you didn't include multiple players with 0 career playoff wins when trying to list guys better than Dak.

Free advice.

Might also want to factor in "on the road vs the best defense in football." Believe it or not, the 49ers D is pretty damn good and makes most QBs look bad.

Football For Dummies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can't go back that far in my posts on my phone. Maybe my computer but I'm outta town right now. Dak wanted too much money and hadn't produced well enough outside of pounding the NFC east teams.
With the new format I don’t think you can go very far back on posts. It’s not worth arguing. I’m still not totally sold on Jalen Hurts. He had a good season with a loaded team, but he’s going to need to be more productive if Philly is going to win a championship with him.

shabazz

Reaction score
You'd be taken a lot more seriously if you didn't include multiple players with 0 career playoff wins when trying to list guys better than Dak.

Free advice.

Might also want to factor in "on the road vs the best defense in football." Believe it or not, the 49ers D is pretty damn good and makes most QBs look bad.

Football For Dummies.
Uh……Hurts offense hung 31 points on that same Niners defense

Football for dummies indeed.

the difference between you and I is that you see everything through the prism of “defending Dakota” when commenting on virtually every aspect of Cowboys football

Unlike you, I don’t have any of that type of skin in the game when discussing the Cowboys.

rambo2

Reaction score
Nice to see that the majority of the fan base is positive this year. Go check out the fan poll on the Athletic.

rambo2

Reaction score

the difference between you and I is that you see everything through the prism of “defending Dakota” when commenting on virtually every aspect of Cowboys football

Unlike you, I don’t have any of that type of skin in the game when discussing the Cowboys.
Hurts had an advantage of playing them without a qb.

plasticman

Reaction score
How do I answer that question when the season hasn't even started?

I mean, my satisfaction depends on the outcome. I'm optimistic and hopeful and all that but I'm no prophet. I have no clue as to how the 2023 season will unfold.

Suppose that Dak has a rather average season but the defense and running game is so powerful they end up in the Super Bowl. I couldn't say I was dissatisfied with Dak.

Then again, suppose he ends up with an All Pro season but the Cowboys are eliminated in the division round once again. Even if the playoff loss was not his fault and he had a statistically great game, I'm not going to be in the mood to be satisfied about anyone on the team.

rambo2

Reaction score
What's that have to do with it? He played the 49ers defense and the Eagles are the one that knocked the 49ers QB out of the game. We didn't do that.
The offense has a big advantage when the other team can't move the ball at all because they ran out of qbs.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The offense has a big advantage when the other team can't move the ball at all because they ran out of qbs.
The same as the 49ers did us. Although we might as well not have had a qb playing as bad as Dak played. Once Pollard went down I lost interest because I knew the game was over. And the Eagles knocked out their QB. If the Cowboys did that it might have been a more interesting game. Still don't know if we would have won though.

shabazz

Reaction score
Hurts had an advantage of playing them without a qb.
We all know that not having a starting QB can result in the other teams offense getting better drive starting position so we can use that to explain the Niners only scoring 7 points. But the Niners defense was 100% healthy.

Hurst and company didn’t just barely score…..they hung 31 on that defense

The old Ravens stout defenses never wilted despite having crap quarterbacks.

rambo2

Reaction score
The same as the 49ers did us. Although we might as well not have had a qb playing as bad as Dak played. Once Pollard went down I lost interest because I knew the game was over. And the Eagles knocked out their QB. If the Cowboys did that it might have been a more interseting game. Still don't know if we would have won though.
You knew the game was over in a 1 score game?

rambo2

Reaction score
We all know that not having a starting QB can result in the other teams offense getting better drive starting position so we can use that to explain the Niners only scoring 7 points. But the Niners defense was 100% healthy.

Hurst and company didn’t just barely score…..they hung 31 on that defense

The old Ravens stout defenses never wilted despite having crap quarterbacks.
Then Hurts blew it in the Super Bowl.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’m rooting for him, because there’s nothing else I can do. He’s currently our guy.

Nav22

Reaction score

Baahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Someone totally missed the 49ers-Eagles game and has no clue what happened that day.

Yeah, JALEN HURTS lit them up!!! And the 49ers didn't suffer any outrageously catastrophic injuries that day!!!

You didn't need to humiliate yourself to brighten up my day, but I appreciate it anyways.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Status
Not open for further replies.