CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
Can't imagine anyone is currently happy.

However, I believe we can right the ship, and expect to be a playoff team.

My fear is that's all we are, and Dak and this team are not good enough to close the cavernous gap between us and the elite.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I wish the two people thus far who've indicated that they are "happy with Dak" would explain their rationale.

(Although I suspect one of the two selected the "Yes" option by mistake, and the other was simply being contrarian for its own sake.)
I can give you the rational answer or a Triple H anecdote; both are true but every different

gmb1

Reaction score
Numerous comments by coaches, players, and executives. Leadership is great, QB play is not.
What do they know? They the reason why we haven't been to the NFC Championship in decades. They think more highly of certain guys then they ought to.

shabazz

Reaction score
How many of those 18 are fans of other teams that are members here? I can think of 5-10 Cowboys fans that inexplicably still believe he's the guy, but 18? No way.
I’m a yes vote because I self identify with him

I feel like if he’s succeeding, I’m succeeding. I must have him as the face of the franchise or I’m a lesser person.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
What idiot puts a pole out like this after a poor showing by our quarterback and an even poorer showing by our team is this just to incite the fan base can anybody be this stupid is it really necessary to poke the bear.
Try and have an intelligent thought about football and convey it to the group rather than continually plaguing us with these stupid poles.

Translation : please stop picking on my *** Friend .

LMAO , cry me a river Dak

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I will be posting polls like this after big wins an big losses to gauge how everyone is feeling about various aspects of the team.

As always, I do not provide "easy out" options in CZ Polls because that defeats the purpose of the polls.

Not every poll is for everyone so if you do not like the options, do not vote and instead post your opinions as a reply.

Is there an option for it depends? I know he's not going to take us to the SB. However, we cant really switch him out yet. After the season, I want us to draft someone like Ewers or the QB from Washington. I think they'd be a great fit for what we need, and, if Jerry opts to keep Dak for the last year of his contract, then it wouldn't be the worst thing to let the young QB develop.

shabazz

Reaction score
Is there an option for it depends? I know he's not going to take us to the SB. However, we cant really switch him out yet. After the season, I want us to draft someone like Ewers or the QB from Washington. I think they'd be a great fit for what we need, and, if Jerry opts to keep Dak for the last year of his contract, then it wouldn't be the worst thing to let the young QB develop.
No price would be too high to get us on the path to a different quarteback.

This FO has neglected the Qb position for many many years and now they have no one legit to develop.

When it comes to quarterbacks they are usually reactive instead of proactive.

Creeper

Reaction score
No, I am not happy. But I am not angry about it either. Dak is what he is and he is never going to get better. The question is, what do they do about it? The mistake was made when Jerry agreed to his last deal. Dak never proved he deserved a $40 million salary. He never proved he deserved a no trade clause. He demanded and got a 4 year deal to screw the Cowboys CAP-wise. And now, with $37.5 million in bonus money pushed into his voided years the Cowboys are virtually super-glued to Dak.

The Cowboys can cut Dak in 2024. Post June 1 they save $34 million against the CAP. But in 2025 they take a $36 million CAP hit. They can cut him pre-June 1 and take a $2.5 million CAP hit, but they will take $62 million in dead money. Maybe they can stomach that but then he is off the books after next season.

If I was Jerry, I would make Trey Lance active and get him some playing times at the end of games that are decided. I want to know exactly what I have so in 2024 I cam make a decision if I have to.

Dak is not a bad QB, he is just not the answer in Dallas.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No price would be too high to get us on the path to a different quarteback.

This FO has neglected the Qb position for many many years and now they have no one legit to develop.

When it comes to quarterbacks they are usually reactive instead of proactive.

Luckily for them, this draft class looks good.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Luckily for them, this draft class looks good.
But our draft position does not look as good. It's imperative we start Trey Lance IMMEDIATELY. It's a win-win-win situation. All the fat cat guys who want to ride Jerry's championship pipe dream gravy train will have to find another sucker because there will be no delusions about how bad the team is. If Trey plays well, win. If he doesn't, we increase our draft position.

Our only other choice (*Palpatine Voice)...would be to trade Micah. I'd do it for a chance to reset and get a Drake May or Caleb Williams.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
But our draft position does not look as good. It's imperative we start Trey Lance IMMEDIATELY. It's a win-win-win situation. All the fat cat guys who want to ride Jerry's championship pipe dream gravy train will have to find another sucker because there will be no delusions about how bad the team is. If Trey plays well, win. If he doesn't, we increase our draft position.

Our only other choice (*Palpatine Voice)...would be to trade Micah. I'd do it for a chance to reset and get a Drake May or Caleb Williams.

I don't think starting Lance yet is wise. The only reason I say that is the competition, and he hasn't played in over a year. I'd wait until the Giants game. That stretch of 3 games is much easier for Lance to get his footing with the offense, and that's an easier way to get his confidence up.

bigE79

Reaction score
Oh. My bad. I loved or liked all eight episodes but I think I know what you are referring to. I was a huge fan of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and a fan of Star Wars Rebels also.

I had been waiting on something like the events seen in episode five for a LONG time. Yes, I loved it. :)

Trivia: the actress playing young Ahsoka Tano also appeared in Avengers: Infinity War. She did a good job in that movie also.
I thought it was awesome,I also am a huge fan of all things star wars except maybe the sequel 3,but was great to see the chosen one again, Hayden hasn't lost a step...I'm sure you must have seen the obi wan Kenobi series,that was pretty good also...and yes I knew the young actress as soon as I saw her.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I don't think starting Lance yet is wise. The only reason I say that is the competition, and he hasn't played in over a year. I'd wait until the Giants game. That stretch of 3 games is much easier for Lance to get his footing with the offense, and that's an easier way to get his confidence up.
This is true!
I want to see what Trey can do but you don’t want to throw him to the wolves and make him struggle. Bring him along slowly and start him later in the year against lesser competition. The next 5 games are going to be brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.