CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly a big game and a big win could flip things around especially if it was a big win against the eagles in their house that's why these poles are useless and just antagonize the fan base at the right moment when things are at a very low point.

It's a long season and people's viewpoint could change quite a bit by the end of it.

Starting these poles to antagonize the fan base and show how fickle they are is just a waste of time and space that could be used to talk about football.
Negativity, even for cheap clicks, trumps good conversation here.

Desperado

Reaction score
I voted no. Once your QB breaks into top 10 QB money (cap %) I think a decision needs to be made… is this a top tier QB who consistently shows the football and leadership skills to carry a team, or not? It matters because if you are dedicating that much cap to a player, he needs to be strong enough to lift the team over the rough parts of a season. If you have a Kirk Cousins/Daniel Jones/Derek Carr/Jimmy Garoppolo/Dak Prescott type, then you have a player that can potentially win you a lot of games, but needs perfection, luck, and an all-star team around him to make a big championship run. I don’t think you give these guys a 3rd contract. If all you care about is having mostly winning seasons, then these are your guys. Otherwise, I think you get back in the QB sweepstakes line and try to find the next Brady/Rodgers/Manning/Brees/Mahomes type of QB who can give you a real shot at the SB every year.
Also, I think QB contracts for players over 30 need to be reserved for QBs who have demonstrated great vision and quick decision making. Mobility and arm strength will start falling off, but if a player can still make quick reads/decisions they can still be great. Unfortunately, that is not Daks strength.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Here's what really frustrated me. Back when Jerry and Dak were in contract negotiations, Jerry negotiated as if he had no option other than Dak. He was negotiating from a point of weakness. It's well known that quarterback is the hardest position to fill. However, that doesn't mean a team has no other option than the quarterback that they have. I knew that 30 mil, then 35, mil, then the final 40 mil per year was simply too much money for this limited quarterback. Jerry's other option would have been to draw a line in the sand at 20 mil, and then if Dak doesn't take it, he then signs a stop-gap, competent free agent quarterback, and then he needs to draft a QB in the next two drafts. Then you see who rises to the top.
No one knows with certainty who will emerge as the right QB. The 49ers went all out to get Trey Lance, but also drafted Brock Purdy late, very late ... actually the last pick in the draft. But Purdy rose to the top. Washington went all out to get RG3, and he looked great at first, but he eventually burned out, and their late-round pick, Kirk Cousins stood out. This has happened to the Cowboys as well, though it's been a while. They used their first-round draft pick to take Cal's Craig Morton, who then backed up Meredith, and was his heir apparent. Morton played well in relief of an injured Don Meredith, and so it seemed like a done deal. If Meredith retired, Morton was our man ... and that's exactly what Coach Landry did. However, this guy named Roger Staubach came along. He had been drafted in a very late round, but was the Heisman Trophy winner. He had served a 4-year commitment in the Navy, and no one knew if he would still be good at football after that, or if he would even play football. He could have re-enlisted in the Navy. Or he could have played for the Chiefs, the AFL team who drafted him. But he played for the Cowboys, and seemed erratic at first, but good enough to be the backup. However, he eventually proved he was best for the job.
The point is, you just don't know. I do think it's obvious that Dak is done, but we don't really know what we have in Trey Lance. So you let Dak go, and you draft the best QB prospect possible, and maybe even also someone in a late round. Then you have your camp and see who rises to the top.
I wish Jerry had played hardball with Dak's agent with the line in the sand at 20 mil. Another team probably would have poached him away. And now he would be some other team's problem, not ours.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Talk to me about this "old self" you are talking about...

His rookie season when all he had to do was hand the ball off to Zeke.. or stand behind the league best OL and deliver short passes to Witten or Bryant? And he still **** the bed when it mattered?
Or his second season when he crumbled without Zeke and we had to sell the farm to try and "give him support" and he limped to 9-7 with a SB rated squad?
Or was his old self the 3rd season when we once again modified the play book to "help Dak" and sold future draft picks to get the impressive (not) 10-6 result and early playoff exit (when Dak folded like a cheap suit)
Or perhaps you refer to the 4th season when we lost our dominate OL and opposition kept forcing Dak to throw and the result was an even poorer 8-8??
Or are you referring to his 5th season when he had an injury and couldn't play.. and we watched how some of the worst QBs to ever wear the star could almost STILL win because our team was so strong?
Perhaps you were referring to his 6th season.. the one where Dak cruised through our easy schedule and looked a world beater before he once again crumped when the pressure came?
You couldn't possibly be referring to his 7th season.. the one where he led the league in interceptions despite missing a chunk of games.. the season where Cooper Friggen Rush could win with this offence?!!

And this year Dak has been so predictably Dak like it is scary.. looks a world beater when the D and ST are giving him the lead and he can dink and dunk his way to points.. and then looks like a scared, lost puppy when facing decent oppo.

So can we PLEASE cut the crap about him "getting back to his best" ... he was sucky from the start.. way way way overhyped, overrated and overvalued. Luckiest man in football. If we don't recruit Zeke in 2015.. then Dak never gets paid, it is that simple. Zeke made Dak look good and because JJ brought it hook, line and sinker.. we now are stuck with this overpriced loser. Urghhh.
:hammer:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you got to be satisfied with dak, because who are we going to get to suck like he does. It might take years to find another guy who doesn't suck like dak. Let's keep dak and just suck not all the time.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Talk to me about this "old self" you are talking about...

His rookie season when all he had to do was hand the ball off to Zeke.. or stand behind the league best OL and deliver short passes to Witten or Bryant? And he still **** the bed when it mattered?
Or his second season when he crumbled without Zeke and we had to sell the farm to try and "give him support" and he limped to 9-7 with a SB rated squad?
Or was his old self the 3rd season when we once again modified the play book to "help Dak" and sold future draft picks to get the impressive (not) 10-6 result and early playoff exit (when Dak folded like a cheap suit)
Or perhaps you refer to the 4th season when we lost our dominate OL and opposition kept forcing Dak to throw and the result was an even poorer 8-8??
Or are you referring to his 5th season when he had an injury and couldn't play.. and we watched how some of the worst QBs to ever wear the star could almost STILL win because our team was so strong?
Perhaps you were referring to his 6th season.. the one where Dak cruised through our easy schedule and looked a world beater before he once again crumped when the pressure came?
You couldn't possibly be referring to his 7th season.. the one where he led the league in interceptions despite missing a chunk of games.. the season where Cooper Friggen Rush could win with this offence?!!

And this year Dak has been so predictably Dak like it is scary.. looks a world beater when the D and ST are giving him the lead and he can dink and dunk his way to points.. and then looks like a scared, lost puppy when facing decent oppo.

So can we PLEASE cut the crap about him "getting back to his best" ... he was sucky from the start.. way way way overhyped, overrated and overvalued. Luckiest man in football. If we don't recruit Zeke in 2015.. then Dak never gets paid, it is that simple. Zeke made Dak look good and because JJ brought it hook, line and sinker.. we now are stuck with this overpriced loser. Urghhh.
Preach brother preach!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Negativity, even for cheap clicks, trumps good conversation here.
I have seen that proved true.
But usually a thread like that dies out eventually here we have it posted at the top of the page.

There should be an exploration date. Lol

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I have seen that proved true.
But usually a thread like that dies out eventually here we have it posted at the top of the page.

There should be an exploration date. Lol
Yep. Remember the pinned "Dak Thread" warnings? Weird how that disappeared after a disappointing beating, lol.
Now this thread needs a hotline. You'd think we were 0-5.

Week 5! :laugh:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’soft now, looks like he spent last off season on the couch eating Doritos. No muscle tone and he’s slow **. Decision making and reads are ultra slow too. He’s regressing. He’s done
The more I watch him, the more I think he is just afraid to re-injure that ankle. he to run almost robotic like, kind of sad. As a result he's slower.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
386713536_275921338734074_5222426560059664672_n.jpg
heck yeah, dak is more uncomfortable and Trey is fine. lol

starman22

Reaction score
Exactly a big game and a big win could flip things around especially if it was a big win against the eagles in their house that's why these poles are useless and just antagonize the fan base at the right moment when things are at a very low point.

It's a long season and people's viewpoint could change quite a bit by the end of it.

Starting these poles to antagonize the fan base and show how fickle they are is just a waste of time and space that could be used to talk about football.

I like these polls, I don't know if I'm in the minority on that or not.

Maybe we should have a poll to see if the members here like polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.