CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I don't think we can move on from him until we have a better option and at the moment I don't really see any.

Who do you think we could get that would give us better performance on a consistent

Things seems to have changed a little bit since then and the eagles don't look totally unstoppable either both of those teams look a little more mortal than they did at the beginning of the season
Most of the fans seriously opposed to Dak typically advocate for a tanking strategy, either intentional or unintentional. They would find any QB on a cheap deal or draft whatever they could given our position and then just start a rebuild.

And they’d be willing to do this for years … as long as it took … cycling in new QBs until we strike gold and find a potentially elite one. Then, and only then, would they agree to start building a good team again.

Having elite talent at other positions is often seen as a waste of time and money. Better to trade those people away to further strive for a way to draft a truly elite prospect.

It’s a bit like Madden.

You’re in one of three spots
  • Tanking and keeping your powder dry, stockpiling resources
  • You’ve found your QB and are building a can’t miss dynasty
  • Winning championships, dynasty is becoming a reality but ready to start over as soon as decline is imminent.

plymkr

Reaction score
I still vote no. I think he’s hit his ceiling talent wise. I also want to see him win a game against a playoff team without the defense and STs getting points and getting the momentum first.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Regarding fans changing their votes from week to week ...

For many fans the votes they make on polls reflect their current emotions so it is unfair to label someone who changes their mind (in either direction) a bandwagon fan.

There are always some fans who hold out hope longer or give up faster than others over players, coaches, etc.

When a fan changes their mind it may be temporary or permanent, but part of being a fan is having the choice to decide what you like and don't like at any given time.

I think these polls are interesting because they provide a snapshot of the fan base's opinion on various topics, especially specific players and coaches.

It is less about being right or wrong or defining who are better fans and more about gaining an understanding of how Cowboys fans are feeling at various points throughout the season.
I can’t speak for others, but:

Dak is the Cowboys QB for the foreseeable future. Would I like to trade for PM? Yes, but that’s not going to happen. I think we can win a SB with Dak. That’s different than saying I think we can win a SB because of Dak.

Bayless calling for Rush to lead the team is stupid.

Lance couldn’t make the depth chart anywhere in SF for a reason.

Top tier QBs don’t grow on trees and they don’t get traded very often. I wonder how many fans here would’ve welcomed Wilson, who seems to have forgotten how to play QB? Or Rodgers as a maybe 2 year temp option that would ultimately be replaced by….who? Or Carr, who I like, but I don’t think is an upgrade over Dak? Watson and his bevy of masseuses? WHO ELSE IS AVAILABLE?!

I’m not ride or die with Dak because I think he’s a Top 5 QB, I’m ride or die because he’s the best option right now unless something very strange happens. I support our team, therefore I support Dak.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He plays like an All Pro in this Eagles game, I'm fully back on the Dak gravy train. That will be 3 great consecutive performances. We've seen this before, and usually a contender knocks him back down.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
it-pisses-me-off-eric-cartman.gif

Bullet22

Reaction score
I support Dak, until he isn't the qb...then I will support the next guy...I starting watching the Boys when Dandy Don was qb...and everyone since then....

kskboys

Reaction score
Most of the fans seriously opposed to Dak typically advocate for a tanking strategy, either intentional or unintentional. They would find any QB on a cheap deal or draft whatever they could given our position and then just start a rebuild.

And they’d be willing to do this for years … as long as it took … cycling in new QBs until we strike gold and find a potentially elite one. Then, and only then, would they agree to start building a good team again.

Having elite talent at other positions is often seen as a waste of time and money. Better to trade those people away to further strive for a way to draft a truly elite prospect.

It’s a bit like Madden.

You’re in one of three spots
  • Tanking and keeping your powder dry, stockpiling resources
  • You’ve found your QB and are building a can’t miss dynasty
  • Winning championships, dynasty is becoming a reality but ready to start over as soon as decline is imminent.
Disagree.

Most who are done w/ Dak know we should move on, but at the same time understand that it's extremely difficult to find a starting quality QB.

You're referring to the half a dozen haters who are simply loud beyond belief. Put them on ignore, and you won't think that way anymore.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can’t speak for others, but:

Dak is the Cowboys QB for the foreseeable future. Would I like to trade for PM? Yes, but that’s not going to happen. I think we can win a SB with Dak. That’s different than saying I think we can win a SB because of Dak.

Bayless calling for Rush to lead the team is stupid.

Lance couldn’t make the depth chart anywhere in SF for a reason.

Top tier QBs don’t grow on trees and they don’t get traded very often. I wonder how many fans here would’ve welcomed Wilson, who seems to have forgotten how to play QB? Or Rodgers as a maybe 2 year temp option that would ultimately be replaced by….who? Or Carr, who I like, but I don’t think is an upgrade over Dak? Watson and his bevy of masseuses? WHO ELSE IS AVAILABLE?!

I’m not ride or die with Dak because I think he’s a Top 5 QB, I’m ride or die because he’s the best option right now unless something very strange happens. I support our team, therefore I support Dak.
Rush leading our team would be great if we want to tanke and go 4-13.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's nothing to brag about.
You are correct. There is nothing to brag about. Zero.

What I posted singles out a direct contrast to what you have previously posted in the past. Brag? No. A bookmark for what may be stated in the future? You betcha.
You should have posted the rest of what I said.
Why? Do you not believe your fellow members can read?

Do you think what I posted took what you stated out of context? My apologies. Allow me to re-post your entire comment:
It doesn't matter; Dak has won.
He's a multimillionaire. I'm actually happy to see him enjoy the money, because he worked the system to get it.
He may actually get better, but the past seven years have happened.
Jerry doesn't care about the fans except to relieve them of their money with his hype every year.
Dak will get an extension, and the Cowboys franchise will forever be mired in mediocrity. Even if they win a Super Bowl, they will never again be the franchise real Cowboys fans grew to love.
Nothing will change what we've seen and know in our hearts has happened.
They are something else now.
Was my snippet misleading? Can it be misinterpreted? Does it subtract or minimize your long-running criticism of Dak Prescott? I could go on. Should I?
This is not a good thing at all.
What is 'not a good thing at all?' Is your conclusion that of a highly probable extension for Prescott? If the answer is yes, how exactly did my post make you believe I thought an extension was a good thing?

For the record (if it is not already understood), I post what I think Jerry Jones will most likely do. About everything. The good, bad and the ugly. Why? Because I am not the general manager of the Dallas Cowboys. That <expletive> will do whatever he wants to do. And if Jones wants Prescott to get an extension, guess what? It will happen. It will not matter what anyone more qualified than Jones or any of his peers might say in disagreement. The buck stops with him. Just ask him. He will gladly tell you.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Regarding fans changing their votes from week to week ...

For many fans the votes they make on polls reflect their current emotions so it is unfair to label someone who changes their mind (in either direction) a bandwagon fan.

There are always some fans who hold out hope longer or give up faster than others over players, coaches, etc.

When a fan changes their mind it may be temporary or permanent, but part of being a fan is having the choice to decide what you like and don't like at any given time.

I think these polls are interesting because they provide a snapshot of the fan base's opinion on various topics, especially specific players and coaches.

It is less about being right or wrong or defining who are better fans and more about gaining an understanding of how Cowboys fans are feeling at various points throughout the season.
Reality, this is just dumb. I mean out and out dumb.
No idea what you are doing here with this.
Dak has been here 8 years.
This poll and people switching votes weekly are just doing bits at this point and it is a shame you are driving it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This last line ... is so not happening ... especially this year ... FOR ANY QB.

I mean, MAYBE Tua, as he seems to be the only QB that hasn't had an absolute Trash Game so far this year. He's had 1 or 2 so-so games, but no trash games, and he has arguably the faster skill player group in the NFL right now to help him out.

The whole "a QB to carry a team" rhetoric is one of the most moronic mantras in NFL history.

There isn't a QB in NFL history, present or future that's carried a team by himself.
- If the line does not block. Good luck.
- If the running backs can't run and/or pick up the blitz. Good luck.
- If the receivers don't run the right routes and/or catch the ball, good luck.
- If the coach does not run an offense that makes it hard to be defended, good luck.

If a QB could carry a team to championships by himself, Marino, Kelly, Fouts, ect... would have more rings than Dilfer.

If you are waiting for a QB to "carry the Cowboys" to Rings, then you will be waiting forever.

But JMHO
:hammer: :clap: :bow:

POST OF THE DECADE !!!!!!!

RoboQB

Reaction score
This poll and people switching votes weekly are just doing bits at this point and it is a shame you are driving it.
To your point, I simply said on here "why bother" and
Reelz claimed I was "attacking" others. Kudos to you.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm voting after this Philly game.

I am currently happy with the qb, but he needs to play well this week.

My hesitation is results based. Right or wrong, just like Romo he has not gotten us over the hump. I completely understand the responsibility doesn't lie solely on the qb, but he is the one we have to have step up and overcome adversity in the playoffs and big games.

I believe Dak is capable, but am not certain he can string together 3 or 4 games against playoff competition.

This game won't prove anything but it will give me hope, or a lack there of moving forward.

kskboys

Reaction score
I find it entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.