CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboQB

Reaction score
To clarify, this is not a weekly poll. It is a "poll of the moment".

To be a weekly poll it would need to 1) be posted every week and 2) allow fans to change their votes throughout the week.

These polls are just a statistical way to show the general opinions about a player, coach, etc. at various times throughout the season, usually after big wins or losses.

As I state in every poll, not every poll is for everyone so you do not need to vote if the poll or its timing upset you for some reason.

There is no agenda behind the poll nor is it about who is right or wrong or who is a better or worse fan.

The goal behind the CZ Polls is to better reflect the satisfaction or dissatisfaction of a larger number of Cowboys fans at various times throughout the season.

A bonus aspect of the polls is that rather than the most active (homer and hater) posters dictating what other fans should think by saturating the site with their strong opinions and/or aggressively attacking people who disagree with them, fans get to see how many other fans agree with them as not all fans are regular posters.

As a Cowboys fan I do not care if people like or hate any player because I know it has no bearing on what the team does.
So, you're admitting to stirring the pot, as a bonus aspect.
That sure seems like an "agenda" to me.
Oh whatever. Those who are critical of the QB in line to become the
highest paid despite having zero Championships will continue to be constantly verbally attacked by Dak Polyannas on the board as you sit and watch. Nice. Hail Ceaser!... lol

Mark

Reaction score
What it comes down to is: "Who would you rather have back there?"

Tom Brady in his prime couldn't have won that game for the Cowboys in Buffalo on Sunday, with a defense that didn't even bother to show up. Yet, Dak gets crucified for it.

We tend to attach far too much significance to a single player on a squad of 53. NFL QBs aren't comic book heroes; most are JAGs...dependent upon a complex system in place around them.

All this talk about Brock Purdy being League MVP? Hell...he's not even the most valuable player on his own team.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, you're admitting to stirring the pot, as a bonus aspect.
That sure seems like an "agenda" to me.
Oh whatever. Those who are critical of the QB in line to become the
highest paid despite having zero Championships will continue to be constantly verbally attacked by Dak Polyannas on the board as you sit and watch. Nice. Hail Ceaser!... lol
The fact that you think I am stirring any pot really speaks more of you than it does of me or these polls.

Blaming a non-biased repeating poll because you are not happy with the results seems like a desperate attempt to comfort yourself over the fact there are fans who do not agree with you.

You might want to avoid these polls if they upset you so much when people disagree.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The fact that you think I am stirring any pot really speaks more of you than it does of me or these polls.

Blaming a non-biased repeating poll because you are not happy with the results seems like a desperate attempt to comfort yourself over the fact there are fans who do not agree with you.

You might want to avoid these polls if they upset you so much when people disagree.
Lol. Way to twist it.
Frankly, I do give a poop about your poll. I'm quite comfortable.

The fact that you took offense speaks plenty about you, not me.
See. That works both ways.

Funny how you project your feelings into thinking I must be upset.
You might want to re-read your post. You literally admit to stirring the pot...smh

duane33

Reaction score

RoboQB

Reaction score
What it comes down to is: "Who would you rather have back there?"

Tom Brady in his prime couldn't have won that game for the Cowboys in Buffalo on Sunday, with a defense that didn't even bother to show up. Yet, Dak gets crucified for it.

We tend to attach far too much significance to a single player on a squad of 53. NFL QBs aren't comic book heroes; most are JAGs...dependent upon a complex system in place around them.

All this talk about Brock Purdy being League MVP? Hell...he's not even the most valuable player on his own team.

Brady would've hit Cooks in stride for a long TD on the first drive.
Also, not a good example since Brady regularly whipped Buffalo.
Purdy will be the MVP in a landslide.

Ask yourself how many highly paid QBs barely make it to 100 yards passing
while being down 28 points.

I agree that he's not the only one at fault. The OC in Buffalo essentially had the
night off. "Just hand it off to the RB until we score" was the game plan.
It worked like a charm.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Yes he had a bad game. The entire team did.
I am by no means defending Dak. But he was not the sole reason they lost.
I agree but he got the biggest paycheck on the team this week so it's mainly on him. Nobody said it's fair but it's true. I do hope he can turn it around in Miami.
It will be a shootout.

duane33

Reaction score
Bill isn't coming to Dallas. That's just another story to get clicks.
It happens every time. "Mention Dallas" as a possibility goes way back.
Said the same thing about Parcells.
Jerry would t give him control he wants

RoboQB

Reaction score
Said the same thing about Parcells.
Jerry would t give him control he wants
Parcells got hosed in a divorce. That's is the primary reason he went to Dallas.
I believe it's in his book.

duane33

Reaction score
Parcells got hosed in a divorce. That's is the primary reason he went to Dallas.
I believe it's in his book.
Yes, but did a good job is my point. Jerry needs someone he can control, hence no championship game since 1996, pitiful.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. Way to twist it.
Frankly, I do give a poop about your poll. I'm quite comfortable.

The fact that you took offense speaks plenty about you, not me.
See. That works both ways.

Funny how you project your feelings into thinking I must be upset.
You might want to re-read your post. You literally admit to stirring the pot...smh
I thought you did not understand the reasoning behind these polls so I tried to explain them.

I see now you are just angry that some fans disagree with you and since you cannot stop them from posting their opinions or voting the way they believe, you attacked the poll itself.

The poll results have varied throughout the season so maybe you will get the results you need to make you a little happier in the next one. :D

RoboQB

Reaction score
I thought you did not understand the reasoning behind these polls so I tried to explain them.

I see now you are just angry that some fans disagree with you and since you cannot stop them from posting their opinions or voting the way they believe, you attacked the poll itself.

The poll results have varied throughout the season so maybe you will get the results you need to make you a little happier in the next one. :D
Dude, I am not attacking anything or anyone. Just being a real person.
Also, not angry. I probably have more fun bantering on here than anyone.
Well, almost anyone.

My point is that those basing the poll as week-to-weekish (I know, it's not weekly) seem to brazenly bash the opposite side. Approximately 99.97% of the members voting 'no' (including a mod, gasp!) merely want to see the QB lead the team to advance beyond last season. There is no disclaimer for this line of thinking in your second post of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.