CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is all the Cowboys have been doing post Aikman. The difference now is they are going to massively overpay Dak and hinder the team. If he doesn't win a super bowl, was it worth it?
They moved on from QB to QB post Aikman because they were left without a QB. We struggled year after year trying to find one until Romo came along. Those were some very dark days for the franchise. We only made the playoffs once in six seasons from 2000 until 2005 without a solid QB. That all changed when Romo came along. We stayed with him until injuries caught up with him and we found Dak. We would have stayed with Romo had Dak not come along and had the rookie season he did. All the QBs in the league are massively overpaid and some of them aren’t as good as Dak and haven’t led their teams to the playoffs as many times as he has.

If it was up to fans like you we would end up like Washington and a number of other teams struggling to find a QB who can consistently win. That would lead to us going through a new HC every few years because they won’t have any success without a QB. Is it worth it to sit home for the playoffs every year, burning first round draft picks on QBs and going through veteran castoffs all because you didn’t want to pay to have one of the better QBs in the league who leads you to the playoffs practically every season? I doubt many fans think that’s worth it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You must think that can happen. I don't. I've love to be proven wrong.
It is happening, this is our third straight season having a shot at the SB. That hasn’t happened since the 90s when Aikman was the QB. I’m not saying we’re going to win it all or even reach the SB but we have a chance. At least we have a QB who consistently gets us in the tournament. If we win the Super Bowl do you still want to move on from Dak after the season?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He gets to the Superbowl, my vote will change. He's got the team for it, but all too often he fails to show up when it matters. You may not like it, but that's just how it is. I have nothing against Dak, but watching him only ball out against bottom of the barrel teams does nothing for me.
There’s cracks in this team. We don’t run the ball consistently. We have issues on the OL and our run defense continues to be suspect. Dak has only had one real bad playoff game and that was against SF last season. He wasn’t great against them the previous postseason but we could have won that game had it not been for our defense that got road graded for over 150 rushing yards. Dak played well against Green Bay in 2016 but our defense choked and he out played Jared Goff in 2018 but once again our run defense got destroyed. You guys that are putting all our playoff failures on Dak aren’t astute football fans or simply don’t like him.

starfan1

Reaction score
There’s cracks in this team. We don’t run the ball consistently. We have issues on the OL and our run defense continues to be suspect. Dak has only had one real bad playoff game and that was against SF last season. He wasn’t great against them the previous postseason but we could have won that game had it not been for our defense that got road graded for over 150 rushing yards. Dak played well against Green Bay in 2016 but our defense choked and he out played Jared Goff in 2018 but once again our run defense got destroyed. You guys that are putting all our playoff failures on Dak aren’t astute football fans or simply don’t like him.
And the 14 or 15 penalties

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Dak controls what the offense does on the field within his sphere of influence.

Mac controls the whole team in every aspect. If Mac flames out in the first round or we lose in the 2nd due to so blunder of his clock management, yes, I will call for his head and replace him with Bill Belichek.

You will say something similar about Dak but there is no getting out of Dak and there is no 6 time super bowl winning QB that will be available.
There is no way, no how Belichek should EVER get a job here in Dallas. What He did in New England was phenomenal. But It is over retire him as it should be.

Without Brady New England has sucked, every year, every Game

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
We'll just have to live with the fact that some fans have a personal dislike for him and that's okay.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Suuuuuure They are
Like I said, the statement is regularly made about the
NFCCG. I know I've said at least a dozen times.

So, to be very clear, I believe that an 8 year veteran getting paid "top dollar" that hasn't gone past a divisional playoff,
should advance to, at least, the NFCCG. He also needs
to play well in that game.

Why that's so difficult for people, like yourself, to comprehend is something that is a bit mind-boggling.

People on here bash, coaches, WRs, LBs, OL, DL, etc.
But, oh, don't you dare criticize the QB!?!...it's stupid.

And all you got is "sure they are"... Weak. Very weak.
You got nothing.

kskboys

Reaction score
There is no way, no how Belichek should EVER get a job here in Dallas. What He did in New England was phenomenal. But It is over retire him as it should be.

Without Brady New England has sucked, every year, every Game
10-6 w/ Matt Cassell. 3-1 w/ Garropolo.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is happening, this is our third straight season having a shot at the SB. That hasn’t happened since the 90s when Aikman was the QB. I’m not saying we’re going to win it all or even reach the SB but we have a chance. At least we have a QB who consistently gets us in the tournament. If we win the Super Bowl do you still want to move on from Dak after the season?
This most certainly NOT "our 3rd season with a shot at SB".

Last year we beat a HORRID 8-9 LOSER Bucs. Then got our az handed to us by SF.

How is that even remotely " a shot at SB"?

Just straight lies.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Campbell beat Detroit. Tried to pull a fast one and it completely backfired on him.
Actually I believe the Cowboys did beat Detroit.
First, when Detroit got their illegal 2 pt conversion play called back and had to try it LEGALLY, it didn't work. The only way they scored was by cheating.
Second, did you forget that totally bogus tripping penalty called on Hendershot, the intentional tripping was actually committed by a Lion, but they called it on Hendershot who had absolutely nothing to do with it. 15 yard penalty on the Cowboys with 2 minutes to go in the game. Call that tripping on the Lions like it should've been and that crooked 2 pt conversion for the Lions would've never happened.
Third, how about that fluke CeeDee fumble that went out of bounds and we lost possession of the ball?
The Cowboys won that game, but by rights we should've won it by considerably more than we did.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dudes crushing it! He and Big Mike really work well together. Big Mike was probably the best thing to happen to him.

I started feeling the same way about Dak recently as I did with Romo. With them I feel like we are always in the game. That it was never out of reach until it was.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
We'll just have to live with the fact that some fans have a personal dislike for him and that's okay.
It was like that with Romo too, some guys hated Romo no matter what. There were some who hated Romo because he wore his cap backwards. LOL
It just is what it is and there's no changing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.