CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Dak Prescott is so insignificant and so dependant on others to have success, how do you justify paying him 60$M ?

There is no way a competent GM would read your take and then proceed to pay Dak over 35$M a year.

There are players that can do what you want for less than that (Mayfield, Geno Smith, Kirk cousins)
I don't justify it. I didn't approve it. I didn't pay the man. But thanks for treating me as if I'm Jerry Jones.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I supported DAK somewhat after bashing him the past two years every now and then, it is painfully obvious he cant handle the bright lights of Dallas, but not many can.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
Their circumstance is they had a clear and immediate upgrade at the position. If there was a team offering a better QB than Dak then it makes sense. But dumping him for the sake of it doesn’t have a clear immediate benefit other than “good riddance” peace of mind… which doesn’t win playoff games either
It's not dumping him for the sake of it but making cap savings over the next 4-5 years and disposing of a QB who clearly isn't up to it.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I voted no the entire season, for the exact reason we all watched on Sunday. He is good at times but he has never rose to the occassion, he didn't do it in college and he hasn't done it in the Pros. He is who he is. I would have walked before the last contract and now, I really hope they don't waste more time on this guy.

bigE79

Reaction score
I voted no the entire season, for the exact reason we all watched on Sunday. He is good at times but he has never rose to the occassion, he didn't do it in college and he hasn't done it in the Pros. He is who he is. I would have walked before the last contract and now, I really hope they don't waste more time on this guy.
Same here..I always said that the playoffs were my final determination on my view of preschoke ..he failed us for the last time, I hope...same for the rest of the gutless wonders.

kskboys

Reaction score
I see the flipfloping is strong in the poll..lol...the least you could do is stand by your convictions.
Agree. I'll be happy when he takes that next step and starts throwing darts in the playoffs instead of laying eggs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
In 2017 I cautioned that there were red flags.

I have marveled at how so many crap games could be overlooked by his adoring fans.

I argued against signing him to the contract & fell out dumbfounded when I learned it had a no trade clause.

I was told I was being too harsh, more time was needed, and the list goes on & on. (Literally endless it would seem.)

I said I would be fine with him proving me wrong but I needed to see it consistently on the field.

Here we are in 2024 with all the evidence immortalized. Finally the vast majority are ready & willing to accept that he just isn't that guy & it's time to move on. Now if we just had an organization who could do the difficult but necessary things & find the right way forward. Unfortunately my confidence in that is about as low as it was in Dak. Godspeed my fellow fans of an organization that doesn't deserve us.

jgboys1

Reaction score
You know, I would be ok to bring everyone back but Dak.
I feel like he is the Cowboys playoff speed bump! Once the playoffs roll around, Dak’s clock strikes midnight and he turns into a pumpkin.

kskboys

Reaction score
In 2017 I cautioned that there were red flags.

I have marveled at how so many crap games could be overlooked by his adoring fans.

I argued against signing him to the contract & fell out dumbfounded when I learned it had a no trade clause.

I was told I was being too harsh, more time was needed, and the list goes on & on. (Literally endless it would seem.)

I said I would be fine with him proving me wrong but I needed to see it consistently on the field.

Here we are in 2024 with all the evidence immortalized. Finally the vast majority are ready & willing to accept that he just isn't that guy & it's time to move on. Now if we just had an organization who could do the difficult but necessary things & find the right way forward. Unfortunately my confidence in that is about as low as it was in Dak. Godspeed my fellow fans of an organization that doesn't deserve us.
More time was needed. Early evaluations such as that are often incorrect. Players need time to adjust.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you to Reality for showing how wishy washy the fans are with these polls over the season. He has a good game and they're happy he's the QB. He has a bad game and they're not. They're up and down week to week. Whatever just happened must be the right answer.

He's 30 years old. This was his 8th season. You should be able to figure him out by now.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
When the defense is playing complementary football, then the offense has a chance. When the O-line is protecting Dak and the WRs do their job, then Dak has proven he can deliver big-time for the team. When those things don't happen, we can not expect one individual at QB to keep this ship afloat. Yes, Dak did not deliver on wildcard weekend but it was not his fault. It turns out the saying, this is a team sport is correct. It takes a supporting cast for a QB to look good. These are the facts as I see them.

It's just lazy commentary to ignore all the other players who were underperforming and expect Dak to still deliver. He's your scapegoat.
Yes, other Cowboys players stunk up AT&T - but point to the other players sucking up $27M this season (scheduled for over $60M next season). Dak looked like hot garbage when the game was still in doubt. There is no way around that.

kskboys

Reaction score
Thank you to Reality for showing how wishy washy the fans are with these polls over the season. He has a good game and they're happy he's the QB. He has a bad game and they're not. They're up and down week to week. Whatever just happened must be the right answer.

He's 30 years old. This was his 8th season. You should be able to figure him out by now.
I would think so, but manalive, did you see those dudes turning everyone who voted no into the site whipping boys after the WASH game?

Status
Not open for further replies.