Article blasts Stephen Jones on missing Derrick Henry

Rayman70

Reaction score
We could have had Trey Benson in rd 3. I hope that doesn't haunt us. I will say this, running backs have a really short shelf life. Linebackers and lineman can play 12 years.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Little Enos’ incompetence aside, I’m good with not signing Henry. Putting $ or draft capital into the RB position is foolish.
I’m not upset either about not signing Henry. That in and of itself was not a bad decision. But JJ saying with a straight face that Zeke has “RB1 capabilities“ stretches credulity. Then not taking a RB in the draft was a head scratcher.

Plus it just gets tiring listening to SJ use the same excuses of salary cap restrictions and “bad luck” as to why we don’t win the off-season.

tomokawan

Reaction score
If I were Dak, Cedee Lamb or Micah Parsons, if getting a championship ring was very important to me,I would think long and hard about staying with a team that is led by guys that have proven they don’t know how to build a championship roster in the cap era.

Those players could still make a ton of money in free agency somewhere else. But if they want something more than money - like a ring - why stick around for the excuses you’re going to hear from the entitled son of the owner? Or some lame attempt at excuse humor like “we’ve found the secret sauce“ or “that silly oblong ball just didn’t bounce our way”.

Seriously, if I were those guys I would really think long and hard before signing here again.
Micah seems like a future Eagle to me. He ball washes them too much. If we could off load him to a losing team for first round picks, I would do it in a heart beat.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The guy lives in your backyard, you at least call his agent but they were dead set on trying to turn the clock back to 2016 again.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
We could have had Trey Benson in rd 3. I hope that doesn't haunt us. I will say this, running backs have a really short shelf life. Linebackers and lineman can play 12 years.
He was selected before the Cowboys pick in the 3rd round.

GMO415

Reaction score
https://fansided.com/posts/stephen-...s-botching-derrick-henry-pursuit-unacceptable

In a direct and straightforward way, this linked article from FanSided blasts Stephen Jones for his comments about why the Cowboys did not pursue RB Derrick Henry when he was available at a reasonably low price. The author just cuts to the chase that Jones’ explanation is simply “unacceptable”.

The sentence from the article below pretty accurately sums up the philosophy of SJ and his father:
“What this all means is the Cowboys would once again rather be in the headlines than field a serious Super Bowl contender.”
Bullet, from here out, Cap Boy runs the show UFN. This is not your daddy's Cowboys anymore.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I’m not upset either about not signing Henry. That in and of itself was not a bad decision. But JJ saying with a straight face that Zeke has “RB1 capabilities“ stretches credulity. Then not taking a RB in the draft was a head scratcher.

Plus it just gets tiring listening to SJ use the same excuses of salary cap restrictions and “bad luck” as to why we don’t win the off-season.
Henry was a very simple short term fix that could have worked if we had other parties other than the son of the owner and former waiter trying to figure out the salary cap concerns.

Accounting is not our strong suit. If it was, we would be far better off as a franchise.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Henry was screwed either way. Jackson is 2-4 in the playoffs. Almost as bad as Dak 2-5 in the playoffs. Neither one is going to the promised land.
Ravens have won SBs with a tough defense and tough running game, the 2000 season their leading receiver was Shannon Sharpe, with only 810 yards receiving, but the team had nearly 2.200 yards rushing.
So, Henry is a good fit, I'd say the Ravens have a much better chance of getting to "the promised land" than the Cowboys...

plymkr

Reaction score
https://fansided.com/posts/stephen-...s-botching-derrick-henry-pursuit-unacceptable

In a direct and straightforward way, this linked article from FanSided blasts Stephen Jones for his comments about why the Cowboys did not pursue RB Derrick Henry when he was available at a reasonably low price. The author just cuts to the chase that Jones’ explanation is simply “unacceptable”.

The sentence from the article below pretty accurately sums up the philosophy of SJ and his father:
“What this all means is the Cowboys would once again rather be in the headlines than field a serious Super Bowl contender.”
Can we send the writer a beer or something as a thank you. Glad someone is saying it.