Artificial Intelligence is Re-Shaping the World

Pass2Run

Reaction score
AI has only been engaged in software development for a short time.

Already half (HALF!) of all code on GitHub (the world's biggest Internet hosting service for software development) was created by AI.

AI doesn't have typos. AI doesn't get sick. AI doesn't go on strike. AI doesn't have personality conflict with co-workers. AI isn't limited to 40 hours a week. AI is getting smarter by the week.
Yeah, automating the automation times automation increases. It will happen fast.

Just think...what if we can find a way to double life span.

As a populace, this ought to come to the forefront and we assure our politicians are in check, and using this for the right purpises.

At the end of the day, it being something we created, needs to be fast tracked to the pitical forefront in order to implement some Constitutional Checks before we proceed much further.

Hopefully, thats the idea this letter will elucidate among the people..:)

The answer to many of the problems could be Constitutional.

We need to pay attention here.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I've been chatting on and off with ChatGPT for a couple weeks now. Just random conversation. During one convo, ChatGPT actually provided me with incorrect information. I corrected it, and, it came back and actually apologized.
"I do apologize, but you are correct.............." While I understand it's programmed to do so, it's still a trip to me. It really makes you think about the possibility of AI in the future. For better or for worse.
This aspect is mere marketing. Its meant to inspire awe.

T-RO

Reaction score
On Feb. 7, Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, publicly gloated that the new (Chat-GPT enriched) Bing would make Google “come out and show that they can dance.” “I want people to know that we made them dance,” he said.

It's re-assuring to know that leaders who handle powers which will soon exceed nukes are approaching the job with due caution and forethought. :facepalm:

T-RO

Reaction score
AI researcher Robert Miles has had a channel for some years now where explores some of the challenges AI developers bump up against. If you are the curious type, I do recommend at least taking a look at a sample of his videos.

T-RO

Reaction score
The Godfather of AI...the Einstein of AI...Geoffrey Hinton
has quit his job at Google...
to warn the world that AI could threaten humanity's very existence.

He says:
“I have suddenly switched my views on whether these things are going to be more intelligent than us. I think they’re very close to it now and they will be much more intelligent than us in the future,” he tells MIT Technology Review. “How do we survive that?”​

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-godfather-of-ai-now-warns-of-its-dangers-180982108/

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You have to know for a fact that the government technology is 30 years, or more, ahead of the private sectors...

If you need ab example, look at the military tech we used in the first Gulf war.

If you put that technology in thr context of predicting what a future economic Giant may look like, you can see the real reasons behind that war, and the subsequent one.

Just look at how Bush took out the ever-so-popular Anne Richards, and you know they had a leg up on the analytics front...

I've used analytics to go from people being completely unaware to having the entire world marching for a cause.

Knowing how to manipulate thought and actions with data and algorithms weilds a lot of power....

It's really scary.
Say what did you use and for what?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Godfather of AI...the Einstein of AI...Geoffrey Hinton
has quit his job at Google...
to warn the world that AI could threaten humanity's very existence.

He says:
“I have suddenly switched my views on whether these things are going to be more intelligent than us. I think they’re very close to it now and they will be much more intelligent than us in the future,” he tells MIT Technology Review. “How do we survive that?”

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-godfather-of-ai-now-warns-of-its-dangers-180982108/
Pull the plug.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Why, shore. Just develop an artificial intelligence that learns, grows, and eventually can outsmart us all. I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

T-RO

Reaction score
Hinton one of the primary "fathers" of AI tweets...

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I think AI will end, or at least greatly reduce, human reproduction. Imagine this. You can pay 10K for an artificial woman who looks every bit as svelte, hourglass-shaped, and sexy as the most desired actress. She could even look like her. She's fully equipped to give you human-style sex whenever you want it, and she won't age or divorce you. She won't take out a credit card in your name and run it up. Or you could take your chances in today's dating market, where every woman you've met recently has been overweight, and interrogates you on your financial and career situation. If you marry her, and she later divorces you, she takes half your wealth, and you'll be roped into paying 18 years of child support if there are kids. Or you could just buy your AI girl for 10K, and she's gorgeous, fulfills all your needs in bed. But she can't make a baby for you.

That's already available in an extremely basic form, but eventually, it's going to be very high quality. Some men will always prefer real women, but a certain number, probably a huge percentage, are just going to enjoy their sexy android woman, who has an OFF switch. Human reproduction is going to decline.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
That's only 10% of the description. It will be able to do a great many other things in time as well, do house repairs, cut the grass, clean the house, take out the trash, feed the pets, look after the house while you travel, etc etc etc without ever complaining.

shabazz

Reaction score
Tesla never would have stayed afloat as a company without government money. Musks companies are governement funded, and it is not for the planet or for the benefit of the people
The USA is the country that least subsidizes companies or entities. European countries have been government funding almost every major entity and company from aerospace to farming.

Not sure how Musks small subsidies have compromised the planet when it's miniscule compared to the rest of the world ..,,.,including China's utilization of forced communist slave labor

Let's try to keep things in proper prospective

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The USA is the country that least subsidizes companies or entities. European countries have been government funding almost every major entity and company from aerospace to farming.

Not sure how Musks small subsidies have compromised the planet when it's miniscule compared to the rest of the world ..,,.,including China's utilization of forced communist slave labor

Let's try to keep things in proper prospective
Fully electric cars are bad technology. It is not my forte, but i have heard people talk about how some of the hybrid technology out there is good, but the infrastructure and technology for fully electric is not there.

The perspective I was going for is that the technology is about control and not about saving the planet. All avenues of technology seem to be heading to the same point, and under the disguise of good for the planet, safety, or convenience.

The federal government should stay out of everything. I dont care what other countries do

Last edited:

Iago33

Reaction score
That's only 10% of the description. It will be able to do a great many other things in time as well, do house repairs, cut the grass, clean the house, take out the trash, feed the pets, look after the house while you travel, etc etc etc without ever complaining.
Where are the flying cars I was promised? Things change dramatically, but we are terrible at projecting the future with much accuracy.

T-RO

Reaction score
I know that AI relates to many other topics, but I do appeal that we stay mostly on topic.

T-RO

Reaction score
I invite the reader to consider the type of mind that we regard as "psychotic", "delusional", "schizophrenic" "unstable". I'm of course setting aside Philly fans for this consideration. :)

-Wild inconsistency and unpredictability (think: multiple personalities)
-Perceiving or purporting as real things that are obviously not real
-Threatening, intimidating
-Lying

If you follow AI news you know that current AI systems like ChatGPT have repeatedly demonstrated all these behaviors. Many, many times. Delusions, "hallucinations", purely fictional claims. And we of course recall the NY Times journalist, whom ChatGPT told to divorce his wife and choose instead to bond to the AI in some fashion.

Developers have been able to eliminate some of this "acting out." But numerous experts suggest that the system refinements have only improved surface level behavior. Below the surface, these systems, heading towards super-intelligence...they say... are deeply flawed...fundamentally crazy.

Even defenders concede: The AI systems are complete mysteries. We have no real idea how they work, why they often seem to work so well. How they suddenly emerge with prodigious and unexpected talents they weren't trained to possess. And why they also fail so often, so potentially dangerously.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Here from OpenAI's own web content:

RiskyEmergentBehaviors_ChatGPTTechDoc.png

If that doesn't spook you...