Ashamed

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
scottsp said:
I don't think anyone relishes the thought of losing out on a first day pick, as we did with Drew today, but I do agree with Bill on this point: you have to also take into account the talent acquired that will offset the loss of the third rounder.

When you can get guys like Chris Canty, Pat Crayton, Jay Ratliff, and Pat Watkins where this club ultimately got them, the hit we took today is viewed more as a casualty of doing business. Of course, when you're missing on most selections, i.e. Peterman & Rogers, then this would be very tough to stomach.

I'm sure none of us would condone throwing picks away, but if the brass felt it was time to cut bait, then there isn't much sense in keeping Drew around any longer.

It's just great to see this club hitting on some second day selections for a change. Hell, not so long ago, hitting on the first day was problem enough. At our peak, we will miss on many picks. It's just part of it. Getting those back in some shape, form, or fashion is crucial.

And we seem to be doing that now.

I dont disagree with them cutting him at all. As all my posts show I give all my faith to the front office.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
weren't you the first one to say I would be proven wrong on my Henson prediction?

Thought so.

Next?

Marcus McNeil! you're acting like Nors because your *****ing and moaning when people don't agree w/ you

and are more concerned w/ calling it

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Marcus McNeil! you're acting like Nors because your *****ing and moaning when people don't agree w/ you

and are more concerned w/ calling it
Wait a minute.

I never said we would draft McNeill.

I said we SHOULD draft McNeill.

And from the looks of it, sounds like he is starting week 1 of the season.

The above poster was right.
If you're going to be such a **** as to belittle people when they make a prediction... be a man and admit it when you are proven wrong.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
So that part where you are saying that you are a REAL fan and then followed with your comparison to other fans didnt happen?

I couldve sworn I saw it.

Man youre superfan. We should all bask in your superfan glory. Teach us REAL fandom please.

Well I hope you didnt swear on a bible because nowhere in this thread did I say i was a "real fan" or did I imply anyone who disagreed with me was not a fan.

the quote you are misquoting was

Because that is a fact. I am first and foremost a Cowboys fan. Any loss the Cowboys suffer I feel like I suffer as well. When they win My day is a little brighter. THAT is why I can not fathom people celebrating a Cowboys personel failure, Or bashing someone who hope the Cowboys risk payed off.

Which was a responce to someone saying preaching the best intrests of the Cowboys was a conflict.

I made it clear that I am a Cowboys fans first over ANY player.

I will be expecting your apology soon

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Wait a minute.

I never said we would draft McNeill.

I said we SHOULD draft McNeill.

And from the looks of it, sounds like he is starting week 1 of the season.

face it dude, you just throw ****ck against the wall and hope it sticks, the act is getting old, along with the imaginary martydom

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
And yet the sun will still rise tommorrow, and the Dallas Cowboys will still exist without their third string QB. You are making a mountain outr of a molehill, this really isnt that big of a deal. You mustve been a mess during the 5-11 seasons when this was the norm rather than the exception.

and again you try and bring it back to the player when I have clearly said over and over that that is not what I was talking about

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
face it dude, you just throw ****ck against the wall and hope it sticks, the act is getting old, along with the imaginary vindication
Face it dude...

you're mad because you disagree with everything because you have no worthy opinions of your own and are constantly proven wrong.

Why don't you be a man and admit when you're wrong with the same conviction you use to belittle the predictions when they're made originally?

There's nothing to debate here.
You were wrong.
I was right.
You make a living disagreeing with people because you have no valid ideas of your own.
I make a living exposing thoughtless antagonists such as yourself.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I quote it this way So the point I am refering to is easy to see.

you can say that all you want, but I do know what I posted and why I posted it.

Ok you were incorrect.

You made a post to me, I took the time to respond your next reply was "what he said" sorry if I wanted you to reply to my post personally. Damn i forgot to make my I called it thread too :)

So then I wasnt calling anyone out. Thanks you

So by this responce I see that you actually understood the thread and agreed, Thank you. As for the trolling bit saying it over and over does not make it true. I have over 6000 posts go find me trolling.

from your replies here it seems we mostly agree with each other except you dont like my tact. I am an aquired taste :laugh2:

I cant believe you actually responded to my whining about about your quoting...it was more of a joke than anything. Or an attempt atleast.

I know why you posted it...I know it all.

Incorrect.

Fair enough. I did not consider that. I insist you make the thread.

No. You were. We both know you were, and I imagine you had someone specific in mind when you were making this thread.

In the same vein saying it isn't trolling over and over does not make it true. I will review the 6000 posts tomorrow and let you know which I deem appropriate and which I think are trolling.

Are you hitting on me?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Face it dude...

you're mad because you disagree with everything and are constantly proven wrong and you're mad about it.

the only thing I'm mad about is you crying about being mistreated, you weren't attacked, people just had a differing opinion, I may have had a harser difference of opinion, but get over it, and I would like to see where I'm constantly proven wrong

Qwickdraw said:
Why don't you be a man and admit when you're wrong with the same conviction you use to belittle the predictions when they're made originally?

how was I wrong? and I'm sorry, I don't need you to tell me what's going to happen, again, you just throw ****ck against the wall, and if I was wrong, then alot of people were wrong right along w/ me, but I'll make sure I don't read too much into what Parcells says early in the offseason, cuz his comment that he'd keep Henson for how long as possible greatly mislead me

btw, go to the Opinion zone, and your thread about Greg Jennings after 1 preseason game, again, the constant chest-thumping is wearing thin, what you said in this thread was just a culmination of your tired act, and what led me to respond

try to post next time where you don't feel like you have all the answers and I won't get on your back

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
The above poster was right.
If you're going to be such a **** as to belittle people when they make a prediction... be a man and admit it when you are proven wrong.

I agree.

I think I have a good outside perspective because I usually stay out of the heavy debate threads. I usually have no interest in 10 page soap operas. (Until now! :D ) And if you don't read those types of threads, you would never think negatively of Nors and folks like him. I notice the main people who hated Nors and wanted him banned were the folks who hung out in those threads so it really leads me to believe that much of this stuff isn't "high ground," it's just petty politics. Folks get mad when someone suggest an out-of-the-box idea that clashes against mainstream opinion, and they get even more angry when that person reminds them of the original argument.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Well I hope you didnt swear on a bible because nowhere in this thread did I say i was a "real fan" or did I imply anyone who disagreed with me was not a fan.

the quote you are misquoting was

Which was a responce to someone saying preaching the best intrests of the Cowboys was a conflict.

I made it clear that I am a Cowboys fans first over ANY player.

I will be expecting your apology soon

Oh the old context excuse. When you say your first and foremost a cowboys fan and then talk of how you cant fathom these other guys actions that makes your superfan. Context or not you need to get with Hos and get your name changed to SuperCowboysFan.

Then under it: fan messiah.

You can twist it however you want but you said youre first and foremost a Cowboys fan and other people arent. Hedge away Superfan Messiah.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Face it dude...

you're mad because you disagree with everything because you have no worthy opinions of your own and are constantly proven wrong.
Now you're mad about it.

We have another Superfan. Sweetness.

Can I have an opinion please?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
the only thing I'm mad about is you crying about being mistreated, you weren't attacked, people just had a differing opinion, I may have had a harser difference of opinion, but get over it, and I would like to see where I'm constantly proven wrong

how was I wrong? and I'm sorry, I don't need you to tell me what's going to happen, again, you just throw ****ck against the wall, and if I was wrong, then alot of people were wrong right along w/ me, but I'll make sure I don't read too much into what Parcells says early in the offseason, cuz his comment that he'd keep Henson for how long as possible greatly mislead me

And you held onto that quote like it was the holy grail in these Henson threads, must be terrible to be so naive.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I agree.

I think I have a good outside perspective because I usually stay out of the heavy debate threads. I usually have no interest in 10 page soap operas. (Until now! :D ) And if you don't read those types of threads, you would never think negatively of Nors and folks like him. I notice the main people who hated Nors and wanted him banned were the folks who hung out in those threads so it really leads me to believe that much of this stuff isn't "high ground," it's just petty politics. Folks get mad when someone suggest an out-of-the-box idea that clashes against mainstream opinion, and they get even more angry when that person reminds them of the original argument.

defending Nors, wow

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
I cant believe you actually responded to my whining about about your quoting...it was more of a joke than anything. Or an attempt atleast.

I responded because I have been asked that question in a serious manner before. So in this case i wasnt sure

I know why you posted it...I know it all.

If you know why i posted it then you realize I was talking about the good of the Cowboys

Incorrect.
Yes you were.

Fair enough. I did not consider that. I insist you make the thread.
No thanks I dont like chest thumping.

No. You were. We both know you were, and I imagine you had someone specific in mind when you were making this thread.
Nope no 1 specific person, it was multiple people, rookie posters and vets alike. If I wanted to call someone specific out I would not be shy about it.

In the same vein saying it isn't trolling over and over does not make it true. I will review the 6000 posts tomorrow and let you know which I deem appropriate and which I think are trolling.
No in one vein it is correct. Therefore it is different. I was not trolling at all. I have no intrest in irratating people on purpose, on a board I frequent. I rather talk intelligently to people than argue.

Are you hitting on me?

I dunno is it working? :lmao2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
And you held onto that quote like it was the holy grail in these Henson threads, must be terrible to be so naive.

it must be terrible to have *****-envy

"Henson this, Henson that"

btw, I wasn't the only one who hung onto that, but that's just me, I listen to the coaches, and don't throw shickt against the wall, in the form of a..."out-of-the box"...opinion

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If you think its a "sad day" because a borderline 3rd/4th stringer got handed his walking papers, buckle up. Things are about to get real gloomy in the next few weeks.