At some point, Dak has to take a look in the mirror!

khiladi

Reaction score
The offense is too one sided. Opposing defenses know they cannot run and they only have to cover two guys, Lamb and and Ferguson. Not to mention an archaic scheme that does nothing to get people open.
Archaic scheme that has been tailored to Dak’s archaic skill set.. everybody knows he’s an early progression QB, which is why MM has him bailing pocket after his early reads weren’t there. He also can’t do a traditional 3-5-7 step drop back from center either.

leeblair

Reaction score
He has to say to himself, i'm the highest paid player on this team, I'm the leader of this team. I don't need to talk about what needs to get done, or becoming better every week, I need to step up my play. I've been in the league far too long, the Jones family has been great to me and have given me and my family generational wealth. It's time for him to find something deep inside of him and say, I'm going to pay them back for what they've done for me!!!! Please give your thoughts on this!
Look, I think Dak means well. I never wanted to make it seem as if I don't like the guy; he seems like a pretty nice guy.
That being said, he just isn't a quarterback. He isn't a leader on the field. He doesn't have the instincts to lead because he isn't the kind of guy who can stand in the heat and deliver with the pressure on.
He can't change who he is.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I explained how Mahomes had his weapon replaced with more weapons. Plus, is surrounded with good talent all around, along with top coaches and ownership.

Truth or False? Let's see if you can be honest or not.
But you called ME a liar for what I said when I didn't say anything that was a lie. I said 2 things:

1-KC lost Tyrekee Hill. True. He's wearing a Miami Dolphins uniform now if you haven't noticed.
2-KC won 2 super bowls after he left. Look at the bottom of this list (https://www.espn.com/nfl/superbowl/history/winners) and remind me who won the last 2 super bowls.

So again, WHERE DID I LIE?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Archaic scheme that has been tailored to Dak’s archaic skill set.. everybody knows he’s an early progression QB, which is why MM has him bailing pocket after his early reads weren’t there. He also can’t do a traditional 3-5-7 step drop back from center either.
yup and me and others want a new scheme in here, they'll keep parts of this offense to keep Dak sufficient, and the new coordinator will only be allowed to add 10% of his OWN offense lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Look, I think Dak means well. I never wanted to make it seem as if I don't like the guy; he seems like a pretty nice guy.
That being said, he just isn't a quarterback. He isn't a leader on the field. He doesn't have the instincts to lead because he isn't the kind of guy who can stand in the heat and deliver with the pressure on.
He can't change who he is.
He's an even nicer guy on the field to the opposing defense!! I'm over all the leadership stuff, it was cute early on in his career, you've been in the league too long

Cmac

Reaction score
Good idea with the mirror, but we need to order bulk from Amazon for 52 more mirrors......53-man roster.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He has to say to himself, i'm the highest paid player on this team, I'm the leader of this team. I don't need to talk about what needs to get done, or becoming better every week, I need to step up my play. I've been in the league far too long, the Jones family has been great to me and have given me and my family generational wealth. It's time for him to find something deep inside of him and say, I'm going to pay them back for what they've done for me!!!! Please give your thoughts on this!
My thoughts are that if you watch your defense get trampled for 40+ points in three of its last 4 home games and you're mad at the QB about it you may be the one who needs to look in the mirror. Ask that person why they hate Dak so much and are unable to see the defense getting run through, the receivers dropping balls and fumbling, the offensive line getting run over, the coach refuses to run the ball and all you come away with is "Dak needs to play better."

diamonddelts

Reaction score
My thoughts are that if you watch your defense get trampled for 40+ points in three of its last 4 home games and you're mad at the QB about it you may be the one who needs to look in the mirror. Ask that person why they hate Dak so much and are unable to see the defense getting run through, the receivers dropping balls and fumbling, the offensive line getting run over, the coach refuses to run the ball and all you come away with is "Dak needs to play better."
Still waiting on Zeke to punish defenses and get the tough yards as you predicted.

Flamma

Reaction score
If he doesn't care as you're saying, why sign the deal, why con them into another NTC, I need to know what he said Jazz get me his comments!
He just got 60 million a year. He may care, just can't do anything about it. He is not an elite QB. He can only do so much. No human would turn down that money.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He just got 60 million a year. He may care, just can't do anything about it. He is not an elite QB. He can only do so much. No human would turn down that money.
he's not elite, but he's paid to BE elite

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't buy into the "he got his money so now he doesn't have to care" stuff. If anything it is just the opposite. These guys are professional football players. The best of the best. They didn't get there by not having any pride in themselves. I doubt very seriously that Dak is okay with looking bad on national TV. If anything, what we could be seeing is the opposite. Dak got paid and now he has to prove he is worth the money. If you believe Dak wilts under the pressure of big games, then why would you not believe he is wilting under the pressure of being the highest paid player in the league? All we heard in preseason is how Dak looked the best he ever has, then he gets paid and soils the sheets on game day. He looks worse this year than at any time in his career.

Again, I am not blaming Dak for his contract. That is 100% on Jerry Jones. Dak asked for $60 million and Jerry should have said no. N. O. Dak got $40 million on his last deal and now he got a 50% increase for what? Did he really improve that much, or at all, since his last deal? Jerry needs to remember that what a player gets paid or where he gets drafted does not indicate how good or bad he is. That determination is made on the field. Paying Dak $60 million does not make him an elite QB. But Jerry is paying him like one while getting mediocre QB performance.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't buy into the "he got his money so now he doesn't have to care" stuff. If anything it is just the opposite. These guys are professional football players. The best of the best. They didn't get there by not having any pride in themselves. I doubt very seriously that Dak is okay with looking bad on national TV. If anything, what we could be seeing is the opposite. Dak got paid and now he has to prove he is worth the money. If you believe Dak wilts under the pressure of big games, then why would you not believe he is wilting under the pressure of being the highest paid player in the league? All we heard in preseason is how Dak looked the best he ever has, then he gets paid and soils the sheets on game day. He looks worse this year than at any time in his career.

Again, I am not blaming Dak for his contract. That is 100% on Jerry Jones. Dak asked for $60 million and Jerry should have said no. N. O. Dak got $40 million on his last deal and now he got a 50% increase for what? Did he really improve that much, or at all, since his last deal? Jerry needs to remember that what a player gets paid or where he gets drafted does not indicate how good or bad he is. That determination is made on the field. Paying Dak $60 million does not make him an elite QB. But Jerry is paying him like one while getting mediocre QB performance.
1000% right. Dak wants to be great. I totally believe that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He either doesn't care or can't. If he hasn't done by now....not gonna happen. Not here anyway.
Some players do revive themselves elsewhere.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He either doesn't care or can't. If he hasn't done by now....not gonna happen. Not here anyway.
Some players do revive themselves elsewhere.
can't do that now because we revived his bank account lol for the next 4 years

visionary

Reaction score
LOL, when will you guys grow up? Dak KNOWS he cannot do it and he got paid so no incentive

It ain’t happening

Chasing6

Reaction score
and there's another guy coming up for the bag some time this off season, good thing is, he's showing signs already of being a dud
Don't worry. GM Jethro loves signing big deals to injured players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
100% agree. every player on the team needs to do the same.

when you have no running game and in your past 4 home games have given up scoring drives 25 out of 36 times and have only made two stops in that span in the first half....and 800 yards of rushing.....you better look in the mirror.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Here’s the part that Jerry doesn’t get and never will…..

Dak Prescott, as one small example, cannot be a better player than he is just because of how he is paid.

He is good, not great, and certainly cannot carry a team by himself, but neither can any player.

Jerry tried to make Lawrence a sack guy by paying him like one. He just isn’t that player.

In 2008 he said he didn’t need to spend high draft capital on OL because Hudson Houck was the highest paid OL coach in the league.

That’s not how it works Jerry.
Talking points can’t change reality…only people’s perception of it. But losing…that pierces the bubble of delusion…for both Jerry and the idiot homers who lap up everything he says.