Attending Dallas at Philly Game

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I'm clearly an idiot because I disagree with you? Great logic there genius. You can say I'm an idiot but where it counts I'm not so shrugs. If he goes to the game and enjoy himself he won't have to worry about all this trouble you speak of. Look online friend you have to use better insults than stuff involving my mom and basement living innuendos that doesn't apply to me.

Whatever slick.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hey Zoners,

I'll be attending the game this Sunday night. This trip is our annual NFL Stadium tour with my friends. First time in Philadelphia. Any cool food/bar recommendations from people that know the city well?

Much appreciated.

Get a cheese steak.

I've never found a decent one outside of the Philly area. I think it takes decades of grease buildup on the grill to get it right.

dfense

Reaction score
Get a Steak'em and Velveeta hogee. It's all they got, and available on every other corner. Place is a dump. Wear a Philly Jersey to blend in. You can get fall down blitzed like every other fan there and it's totally acceptable.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
And frankly the attitude nowadays is that some almost feel bad for us because of all our issues.

As long as you don’t act like an *** you’ll be fine.
Yeah my friends make fun of me and when we was doing good in 2016 I was making fun of them. The same way people are aggressive on here at times is the same thing with some Eagles fans just irl so I don't pay much attention to it outside of just team banter. A guy called me an idiot in this thread because I said he was a soccer dad but I don't take that talk seriously. Same when going to games to me just with more colorful language at times lol

dfense

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but these are the kinda games the Cowboys pull out. No rhyme or reason. Defense is pissed about their play last week. Who knows, sky is falling, coach on the hot seat.

Bam! Cowboys bring their A game. Vegas reels in the doe.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Garrett coaching the Cowboys is more horrifying than any horror film I've ever seen.

The groundhog day of coaching.
Clap clap clap over and over, lose lose lose with a lame decision, over and over and over.

Only Garrett can turn a comedy into horror...well this team is both actually...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lies should always offend people. They didn't have to put it there it was a choice. It hasn't been earned people are just cowards and easily scarred.

Keep telling yourself that. As for the "lies", it appears that you're telling them to yourself. And go ahead and continue to call people "cowards" because they won't put up with scumbags bullying and harrasding them. Ignorance on parade.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that. As for the "lies", it appears that you're telling them to yourself. And go ahead and continue to call people "cowards" because they won't put up with scumbags bullying and harrasding them. Ignorance on parade.
I will. I don't tell lies esp over this stuff. That's not why I'm calling them cowards but you keep trying to twist my words for sympathy and so folks can take your side. I see people use this discussion technique all the time it's not new.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Heres the skinny Lived here all my life .I started going to Cowboys Eagles games at the Vet in the 70s on up till a couple yrs ago . It was a very hostile environment back in the 70s and 80s . It has mellowed considerably since then , this is not to say at any given time you couldn't run into a bunch of throwback glass holes that are drunk and just want to fight .

IMO the Linc is like Mr Rogers neighborhood compared to the old Vet stadium Just not the full on fury against the Boys that there once was . Probably because the Eagles have become a much more successful team of late and we have sucked, such was not the case in the 70s they may have won 2 games against us in that Decade .

Dress in regular clothes no Cowboy gear and enjoy a less stressed evening would be my advice . If you must wear Cowboy Gear things could get a bit uncomfortable but nothing 9 guys shouldn't be able to handle . That said don't take your girlfriend dressed in Cowboy gear very bad move and when you put the Cowboys Jersey on understand the cops don't care what happens to you at that point LOLOL You are on your own

As for cheesesteaks I never was much for that steakum cheeze wiz crap Take I95 south to 452 There you will find Dicostanzas the best steaks and hoagies period also the originator of this style sandwich . North a couple miles on 452 you will find Big Bad Wolf BBQ also very good .

Good luck have fun

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Heck no Max's in North Philly has the best cheesesteaks. If you haven't you need to try them out.

Bro you do not want them going to Broad and Germantown/Erie. Lol

But yes their cheesesteaks are probably one of the best. Delassandro’s on Ridge and Pagano’s on Ogontz rates up there also.

But ask a thousand Philadelphians and get 50 different places. Everohas their favs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will. I don't tell lies esp over this stuff. That's not why I'm calling them cowards but you keep trying to twist my words for sympathy and so folks can take your side. I see people use this discussion technique all the time it's not new.

If you want to give people the positive definition of coward, the floor is yours.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
The comments about Philly being a dump are WAY off base. It is a great town, especially for food. As far as cheesesteaks go, I used to be a Geno’s fan. But if you go to John’s Roast Pork in South Philly, you’ll get the best cheesesteak in the city (also try the Italian roast pork). It’s no more than a 15 min drive from where you are staying.

If any of you are history buffs (even if you’re not), spend an afternoon at the Constitution Center. You won’t be disappointed. It’s within walking distance of where you are staying.

If you guys like cigars, go to Holt’s. It’s on 16th & Walnut, with a smoking lounge in the back.

The best pizza in Center City is NYPD Pizza.

Another good lunch spot is the Reading Terminal Market. Dozens of small places to buy fresh food, sangwiches (as they say in the neighborhood) and baked treats. Really cool spot to walk and graze.

If it’s a nice day, just get out and walk around. The autumn leaves are at peak right now.

Have a GREAT trip!!