*** SPOILERS *** Avengers Endgame Discussions

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed but there were three incarnations, even though the third was almost completely forgettable. Jessica Alba is a vision to look at and Michael Chiklis had much of Ben Grimm's mannerisms down but the best casting I saw out of all three films in my opinion were Chris Evans as the Human Torch and (surprisingly even to me) Kara Mara as Susan Storm. Everyone else missed the mark, although I think Michael B. Jordan did not get a fair shake as the last Human Torch as far as his script.

Have never and have no desire to see the Josh Trank abomination mislabeled as Fantastic Four. And this is coming from a huge comics fan. I was right when it was announced what he was doing and I was right when it absolutely bombed and killed nearly everyone's careers, especially Trank's.

But in my opinion, they've never done right by the FF from day one and I'm very eager to see what actually capable people at Marvel can do with the franchise.

I'm getting antsy and I need to see what they have planned for the future. Part of me is nervous that they're going to lose the momentum they've established and the peak they've reached with Endgame.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have never and have no desire to see the Josh Trank abomination mislabeled as Fantastic Four. And this is coming from a huge comics fan. I was right when it was announced what he was doing and I was right when it absolutely bombed and killed nearly everyone's careers, especially Trank's.

But in my opinion, they've never done right by the FF from day one and I'm very eager to see what actually capable people at Marvel can do with the franchise.

I'm getting antsy and I need to see what they have planned for the future. Part of me is nervous that they're going to lose the momentum they've established and the peak they've reached with Endgame.
I agree completely in how the group has been portrayed thus far. It would not bother me if the group were projected like the Guardians have been in a lighter vein (sp?).

However, Guardians has been done smartly thus far (despite some folks misgivings about Ego). The first two films contained two much campiness for my tastes (SMOKE CLOUD GALACTUS! :facepalm: ). And I will not even discuss the third movie.

I share your anxiety. Disney/Marvel has planted a jewel atop eleven years of movie storytelling with Avengers: Endgame. They are at the top of mountain and the sky is the limit but it does not seem as if anything is in place to reach for the stars. Spider-Man: Far From Home seems more like a stepping stone than a step up from what has been done thus far.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed but there were three incarnations, even though the third was almost completely forgettable. Jessica Alba is a vision to look at and Michael Chiklis had much of Ben Grimm's mannerisms down but the best casting I saw out of all three films in my opinion were Chris Evans as the Human Torch and (surprisingly even to me) Kara Mara as Susan Storm. Everyone else missed the mark, although I think Michael B. Jordan did not get a fair shake as the last Human Torch as far as his script.
I was considering the 2 with Alba and Chiklis as one incarnation, and the the 1 with Jordan as the other. I agree that Mara's Storm was better, but I think the writing had something to do with that. Alba's Storm was all about being the mommy to a couple of childish men, and the love interest of a bumbling genius. Mara's Storm was more about the technology and science. Horrible movie, but her part was done pretty well, I think.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was considering the 2 with Alba and Chiklis as one incarnation, and the the 1 with Jordan as the other. I agree that Mara's Storm was better, but I think the writing had something to do with that. Alba's Storm was all about being the mommy to a couple of childish men, and the love interest of a bumbling genius. Mara's Storm was more about the technology and science. Horrible movie, but her part was done pretty well, I think.
One of my personal pet peeves to this day was taking a flat-out beautiful actress like Alba and having her wear almost demonically blue colored contacts. Sure, Susan Storm/Richards character is blond and blue-eyed but there was zero need for them to have her look like a Victoria's Secret version of the Night King. /mini-rant

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree completely in how the group has been portrayed thus far. It would not bother me if the group were projected like the Guardians have been in a lighter vein (sp?).

However, Guardians has been done smartly thus far (despite some folks misgivings about Ego). The first two films contained two much campiness for my tastes (SMOKE CLOUD GALACTUS! :facepalm: ). And I will not even discuss the third movie.

I’m expecting a real family focus with Fantastic Four which I’m not sure we’ve gotten thus far. At least not in the same manner.

I share your anxiety. Disney/Marvel has planted a jewel atop eleven years of movie storytelling with Avengers: Endgame. They are at the top of mountain and the sky is the limit but it does not seem as if anything is in place to reach for the stars. Spider-Man: Far From Home seems more like a stepping stone than a step up from what has been done thus far.

After Spider-Man, I’m not even sure what the next film in sight is? Too long of a gap for me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m expecting a real family focus with Fantastic Four which I’m not sure we’ve gotten thus far. At least not in the same manner.
I hope you are right about the family aspect.

After Spider-Man, I’m not even sure what the next film in sight is? Too long of a gap for me.
The sequels for Black Panther and Doctor Strange are on tap between now and the end of 2020 (I think). Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 should come out between now and the end of 2021 but when is the question.

Given the events of Endgame, I have ended hopes for a Black Widow film. Even a pre-Iron Man/pre-Avengers Widow movie seems pointless to me now. I would be like 'meh. Sure she was a super-bad way back when but she ultimately ended up a smear at the bottom of a mountain'. Cold to say but my enthusiasm for a BW solo venture has fizzled.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The sequels for Black Panther and Doctor Strange are on tap between now and the end of 2020 (I think). Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 should come out between now and the end of 2021 but when is the question.

Given the events of Endgame, I have ended hopes for a Black Widow film. Even a pre-Iron Man/pre-Avengers Widow movie seems pointless to me now. I would be like 'meh. Sure she was a super-bad way back when but she ultimately ended up a smear at the bottom of a mountain'. Cold to say but my enthusiasm for a BW solo venture has fizzled.

I just can’t understand what looks like a huge gap now between films. I don’t even think filing on anything else has even started.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Her best scenes were in the first Avengers movie anyway. The first scene in the warehouse was hilarious, and set her character up almost completely in just one scene. Then she really showed her skills in the NYC battle. I think a prequel would be darker than most audiences would want, so any film would probably have to take place immediately before or after Captain America: Civil War.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Her best scenes were in the first Avengers movie anyway. The first scene in the warehouse was hilarious, and set her character up almost completely in just one scene. Then she really showed her skills in the NYC battle. I think a prequel would be darker than most audiences would want, so any film would probably have to take place immediately before or after Captain America: Civil War.
Wished you had not said 'darker' and 'most audiences'. My interest in seeing a BW movie shot upwards somewhat. I have zero problems with 'darker' and always question what 'most audiences' want--especially before a movie hits theaters.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wished you had not said 'darker' and 'most audiences'. My interest in seeing a BW movie shot upwards somewhat. I have zero problems with 'darker' and always question what 'most audiences' want--especially before a movie hits theaters.
I say that because her past was clearly very rough, to say the least, and I think most of the people watching these movies only know her character because of the movies. I think the majority would come to see her character as they know her, rather than the cold assassin she was programmed to be.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
There's a cool theory going around that coincides with one of my own. Not sure how many of you are familiar with the character of Namor the Sub Mariner. In short, he's the Marvel version of Aquaman and their ruler of Atlantis (though more complicated). Anyway, the rights issues for the character have been tied up for year but now it appears Marvel can use him, but apparently like Hulk, in other films, and not a solo film.

The new theory speculates that the "underwater earthquake reported near Wakanada in Endgame somehow ties into Namor and Atlantis and that will be the setup for the next Black Panther film. I thought they would use the character in that second film and this new theory corroborates that, at least a little bit.

With all of the characters stepping away, it's likely that they will now begin the process of bringing new ones into the party.

A young Billy Zane would be interesting Namor.
He old now.

nobody

Reaction score

I think you meant Kate Mara, not Kara. :)

nobody

Reaction score
Whoever it is has to be in great shape. Namor runs around practically naked.

Given the diet regimen and trainers Marvel actors have access to, pretty much anyone they choose can get in that shape pretty quick.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Earlier this week I took the opportunity to view a matinee of Avengers: Endgame. It was tough avoiding spoilers all weekend, but it was all worth it being able to enjoy the movie without the annoyance of a crowded theater. I thoroughly enjoyed the film. It truly felt like a decades long culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe characters and a quasi-end to their 20+ film journey. Highly recommend.:thumbup:

Last edited: