*** SPOILERS *** Avengers Endgame Discussions

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I will add this though.

The scene where Tony Maguire/Spider-Man saves the train is one of the BEST scenes in any comic book movie adaptation I have seen in my lifetime. I put it CLEARLY above the Tom Holland/Spider-Man attempting to save the ferry scene after The Vulture splits into two and Iron Man arriving in the nick of time to help at the end (copy spider! copy spider! :muttley: )

Yes yes yes... I’ve posted that too in the past. I felt like I was watching a comic book come to life on screen.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. I was expecting more after this now infamous girl scene. In AIW. They showed more fighting. I think it got cut.

Marvel scene was reminiscent to Admiral Holdo in TLJ. Not for me necessarily but my friend thought so. Lol

What I get from AEG ...

The studio/$$$ forced too much in trailers.
The studio had a say in content we saw in movie.
And the Russo brothers couldn’t really say anything.

At the end of the day. I think that...

Infinty Wars 1 (one snap)
Infinity Wars 2 (few more snaps and failed attempts)
End Game (then end Game quote from Dr. Strange)

Yes, 3 movies was a better play here. You have soooooooo many characters. It could work and a lot of us geeks would be wayyyyy ok with an extra movie with goodies that we didn’t get here ultimately.
I think several of us here know how much you detests too many (or too much content in) trailers. :laugh: I would have been okay with three movies also, especially if there had been a way to work in Adam Warlock somehow. However, I am perfectly fine with the number of heroes/villains that were packed into only two movies.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I will add this though.

The scene where Tony Maguire/Spider-Man saves the train is one of the BEST scenes in any comic book movie adaptation I have seen in my lifetime. I put it CLEARLY above the Tom Holland/Spider-Man attempting to save the ferry scene after The Vulture splits into two and Iron Man arriving in the nick of time to help at the end (copy spider! copy spider! :muttley: )

I would have rather him do the Superman save a plane scene than the ferry lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think several of us here know how much you detests too many (or too much content in) trailers. :laugh: I would have been okay with three movies also, especially if there had been a way to work in Adam Warlock somehow. However, I am perfectly fine with the number of heroes/villains that were packed into only two movies.

This is true.
But seriously.
So many scenes were in trailer. I haven’t counted but maybe 10+

There’s an old song lyric, “once a story is told... it can’t help but grow old”
You cannot experience it the same in theater once you’ve seen trailer.

It’s like, oh I know this part.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Well adding more. Ie. Warlock, fantastic 4 or X-men would not really work.

I mean they shoe horned captain marvel in there.
I liked her but could have finished this phase without her movie and being in end Game.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like black panther but you know what really bothered me.... kill monger was about to kill t’challa. If not for uncle. He dies.

I didn’t like that part at all.

I love Forest Whitaker. But not his role in this movie.
I didn’t like his role in rogue one either.

The guy is an A list actor. Needed better part/script.
~Leaving Killmonger/T'Challa alone~

True, Whitaker is an A-lister but he did what he was constrained to do with his secondary roles in both movies. I do agree about his lackluster dialogue material though. And I think folks should consider Rogue One was a particularly isolated chapter in Star Wars canon fitting within a tight window between Episodes 3 and 4. Whitaker's role was not meant to be huge in the story.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is true.
But seriously.
So many scenes were in trailer. I haven’t counted but maybe 10+

There’s an old song lyric, “once a story is told... it can’t help but grow old”
You cannot experience it the same in theater once you’ve seen trailer.

It’s like, oh I know this part.
You came to mind when the movie opened exactly like I thought it would with Clint's family. Even so, I did not believe all trailers in question did not supply enough content to distract from the final product.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
~Leaving Killmonger/T'Challa alone~

True, Whitaker is an A-lister but he did what he was constrained to do with his secondary roles in both movies. I do agree about his lackluster dialogue material though. And I think folks should consider Rogue One was a particularly isolated chapter in Star Wars canon fitting within a tight window between Episodes 3 and 4. Whitaker's role was not meant to be huge in the story.

Leaving alone? Why?

Rogue one episode 3.5 did not need to be made lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You came to mind when the movie opened exactly like I thought it would with Clint's family. Even so, I did not believe all trailers in question did not supply enough content to distract from the final product.

I knew cap was going back to Peggy
I knew Clint lost his family that way

It’s not that supplied content. They showed movie. Period. JMO.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well adding more. Ie. Warlock, fantastic 4 or X-men would not really work.

I mean they shoe horned captain marvel in there.
I liked her but could have finished this phase without her movie and being in end Game.
I will always mention Warlock's character since he played a major role in the same story in the comics. And I agree the FF and X-Men would not have been practical within the movie itself. Now a mini post-credits scene featuring either would have warmed my heart.

Disagree about Captain Marvel. Endgame needed a character serving as a tipping point post-Infinity War. CM fitted that bill exactly in my opinion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leaving alone? Why?

Rogue one episode 3.5 did not need to be made lol
BP is strangely controversial so I will not discuss it much.

I love Rogue One, so I disagree. At the beginning of Episode 4 (the one that started it all), audiences see Darth Vader interrogating someone to death about the missing plans. Certainly, we get to watch Luke kill the first Death Star with that one-in-a-million shot payoff at the end but I love Rogue One for explaining the back story of how its destruction was possible.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew cap was going back to Peggy
I knew Clint lost his family that way

It’s not that supplied content. They showed movie. Period. JMO.
I gotta go back to the trailers. The Clint losing his family content I remember. However, I do not recall a preview of the Steve/Peggy reunion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Side note: At the end of the movie, actors and actresses were showcased especially for their parts in the MCU movies. Does anyone remember seeing Ed Norton or Liv Tyler getting credited by name or a glimpse of either from micro-scenes of The Incredible Hulk movie? I do not remember seeing anything for them.

I like Garfield a good bit also (and a LOT more than Maguire) but Holland has been the best Parker adaptation for me.
I agree with your order of Spideys. I didn't pay any attention to the credits, other than noticing that there were so many people involved...including "Mr. Downey's chef", and someone else's chef, but I don't remember whose.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel the same way. Even so, I almost yelled (which would have been VERY embarrassing :laugh: ) when I watched Thanos' ships aim their cannons at the sky. I knew INSTANTLY who was about to make her re-entry into the movie as the guns were re-aiming. Absolutely fantastic scene in my book. Loved it.
Yeah, my pulse quickened when the cannons aimed up too!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with your order of Spideys. I didn't pay any attention to the credits, other than noticing that there were so many people involved...including "Mr. Downey's chef", and someone else's chef, but I don't remember whose.
lol @ the chefs but I was referring to the special acknowledgments that ran BEFORE the ending credits started rolling. Each actor or actresses was silhouetted on screen with a backdrop of a scene or two of their character from previous movies they played in. They also printed each performer's real handwritten signature on the screen, I assume as a way for them 'signing off' on the tremendous amount of work they put into nearly two dozen movies collectively.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I will add this though.

I have to agree. As much as Toby sucked as Peter Parker, that scene was fantastic!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, my pulse quickened when the cannons aimed up too!
My imagination always makes the movies feel more real for me. Imagine.

You are part of Thanos' crew, serving the most powerful guy in the universe, who could kill you in an instant. Your boss tells you to wipe out all opposition fighting him.

Suddenly, ship sensors detect an incredibly powerful UFO headed straight for you and your boss. What are you going to do? Keep firing at the surface like the boss told you? Or try to shot down the incredible threat headed straight for your boss and not try stopping it knowing he would kill you for letting the UFO attack him?

:muttley:

nobody

Reaction score
I don’t like Sam for Captain America.
I don’t like Bucky for Captain America.

Sam has a pretty cool gig/identity in Falcon. Plus Sam, no super serium. The wings and the shield and Halloween costume that is his captain America. Not a fan.

Bucky, well... his best identity was cured as The Winter Solider. Arguably the best MCU movie of them all.
I don’t like him for cap or HIS Halloween costume version of cap suit. Looks silly. Plus he’s white wolf,

While Sam doesn't have the super soldier serum, Captain America: The First Avenger definitively showed that it was about more than ability. It was about heart, determination, and will. Sam has shown that in spades. I think given his special forces training and same sort of spirit Steve Rogers had shown makes Sam a good successor (but not replacement).

At the point we see the passing of the torch, I don't think Bucky was remotely comfortable yet with the idea of wanting that mantle and still had guilt about his time as Winter Soldier...besides, The White Wolf is an awesome moniker.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Loki's actions created an additional timeline, unless Steve prevented him from getting the Tesseract, when he went back.

By the rules they were playing with, Steve can't makes changes to the past(preventing Loki from getting the Tesseract) that will "fix" the future. A divergent timeline was created. The initial timeline involved the Tesseract being taken to Asgard until Loki takes it at the end of Thor Ragnarok and then hands it to Thanos at the beginning of Infinity War. Now Loki has the Tesseract and we do not yet know where he and the stone existing. That can't be undone.