*** SPOILERS *** Avengers Endgame Discussions

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The reason it felt forced was because it made no sense in the context of the battle. I mean, everyone was fighting and suddenly in Captain Marvel's moment of need, only females were available and not fighting for their lives like everyone else? Were they all sitting around waiting for that moment? It was totally forced and again made no sense in the context of that situation all for the sake of the "woman power!" moment.

I have no problem with the idea of an all-woman team. That they would bring those characters together as a group is kinda cool, but not at the expense of making sense.

@stasheroo 's son makes a good point though. I think they could have done it better just by interspersing the female action equally out among the male action showing that men an women are equal much better than a single "woman power! " moment.
Exactly!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just googled 'female Avengers Endgame'. There is definitely talk circulating. Interesting. I wonder which of the following will end up receiving the larger proportion of criticism from some their respective audiences in the end?
  • 'Overpowered' Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel and/or Endgame? or
  • The brief all-female Avengers scene in Endgame? or
  • The entire Black Panther film?
Pretty sure Disney could not care less about the generated buzzing. All three are billion dollar movies! :muttley: The studio is making bank. Now we will all see how well the live action Aladdin movie pans out for them. :p

Last edited:

joseephuss

Reaction score
It felt forced to me as well. A clear agenda. I'm all for actual diversity, equality, and inclusion, but when it's forced and there's an agenda involved, I'm out.

But my son made a good point after the film which helped me get a better handle on it. He said it likely "helped" a lot of females feel good - and that's a good thing. And it didn't "hurt" me so much that it could possibly cancel out the positives it did. So ultimately, the positives outweighed the negatives.

That's the position I ultimately took on it.

I also thought that scene felt forced. Plus Captain Marvel is so powerful that she didn't need help from anyone. Or shouldn't need help. She should have been able to pummel a gauntletless Thanos. Thor, fat or not also should not have struggled with Thanos as much as he did.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
From what I saw, he didn't actually "hold it", he grabbed it en route back to Thor and then tried to push it into his chest.

I just think about hulk grabbing in the air it falling vertically down real hard, real fast lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It felt forced to me as well. A clear agenda. I'm all for actual diversity, equality, and inclusion, but when it's forced and there's an agenda involved, I'm out.

But my son made a good point after the film which helped me get a better handle on it. He said it likely "helped" a lot of females feel good - and that's a good thing. And it didn't "hurt" me so much that it could possibly cancel out the positives it did. So ultimately, the positives outweighed the negatives.

That's the position I ultimately took on it.

This was evident during my theater experience. I high fived my wife and other women for it

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I would not have minded extending the movie a few more extra minutes observing Steve returning the stones.
Red Skull seems to pop up unexpectedly whenever he receives guests, so I would say Steve sees him. That would have been a VERY interesting conversation worthy of the movie in my opinion.
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3: The Re-Kindling of Romance. That title would make Rocket barf. :laugh:

How did the rules change? The Soul Stone appears only after one person's loved one is sacrificed. Natasha and Clint did not love each other romantically but they did love each other.

Natasha loved Clint so much she wanted him to regain his soul. The only way was for Clint's family to return to him. The choice of sacrificing herself was hard but easy at the same time. Extremely sad but... instant Soul Stone.

Is the question about the rules has anything to do with the timing of Natasha and Gamora (the original) deaths that resulted in the Soul Stone re-appearing?

Soul stone. I hear ya but seems stretttttched. Lol

nobody

Reaction score
Just googled 'female Avengers Endgame'. There is definitely talk circulating. Interesting. I wonder which of the following will end up receiving the larger proportion of criticism from some their respective audiences in the end?
  • 'Overpowered' Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel and/or Endgame? or
  • The brief all-female Avengers scene in Endgame? or
  • The entire Black Panther film?
Pretty sure Disney could not care less about the generated buzzing. All three are billion dollar movies! :muttley: The studio is making bank. Now we will all see how well the live action Aladdin movie pans out for them. :p

Overpowered? She didn't seem overpowered to me.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Overpowered? She didn't seem overpowered to me.

I'd say her powers have been inconsistent. At one moment she is ultimately powerful and then she gets knocked around. They set it up for her to be able to take Thanos on all by herself and then when she does face him, she isn't able to take him down. Very up and down. Same with Thor.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say her powers have been inconsistent. At one moment she is ultimately powerful and then she gets knocked around. They set it up for her to be able to take Thanos on all by herself and then when she does face him, she isn't able to take him down. Very up and down. Same with Thor.
What scenes, dialogue, etc., did you receive from Captain Marvel and/or Avengers: Endgame that indicated she would be on par or above Thanos in sheer overall strength? Is some or all of the opinion based on Danvers' boasting (the character is a talker for sure). Personally I think Thanos would even be a handful for someone like Gladiator or Sentry mano-a-mano.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I also thought that scene felt forced. Plus Captain Marvel is so powerful that she didn't need help from anyone. Or shouldn't need help. She should have been able to pummel a gauntletless Thanos. Thor, fat or not also should not have struggled with Thanos as much as he did.
I agree about the Captain Marvel part, but even Hulk got his butt kicked by Thanks, so Thor certainly should have had a problem.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would not have minded extending the movie a few more extra minutes observing Steve returning the stones.
Red Skull seems to pop up unexpectedly whenever he receives guests, so I would say Steve sees him. That would have been a VERY interesting conversation worthy of the movie in my opinion.
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3: The Re-Kindling of Romance. That title would make Rocket barf. :laugh:

How did the rules change? The Soul Stone appears only after one person's loved one is sacrificed. Natasha and Clint did not love each other romantically but they did love each other.

Natasha loved Clint so much she wanted him to regain his soul. The only way was for Clint's family to return to him. The choice of sacrificing herself was hard but easy at the same time. Extremely sad but... instant Soul Stone.

Is the question about the rules have anything to do with the timing of Natasha and Gamora (the original) deaths that resulted in the Soul Stone re-appearing?
While we're on the subject of Red Skull, any idea how he ended up with that job? It seems like the type of situation in which an objective person would be optimal....Also, it seems like a position that would have been filled millennia before Red Skull was available.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree about the Captain Marvel part, but even Hulk got his butt kicked by Thanks, so Thor certainly should have had a problem.
My opinion is that Thanos' strength and fighting skill along with his vicious attack, took Hulk completely by surprise. In fact the beating (I think) gave Hulk an indefinite inferiority complex.

I believe a rematch between the two would have been more evenly balanced. Disney/Marvel decided the story required Hulk to be buried while Thor, Iron Man and Captain America took on Thanos. I kinda see why they took that approach leading to the climax of the last battle.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While we're on the subject of Red Skull, any idea how he ended up with that job? It seems like the type of situation in which an objective person would be optimal....Also, it seems like a position that would have been filled millennia before Red Skull was available.
In my opinion, the Tesseract made that job positioning decision for him when it transported him out of Steve's doomed plane. Maybe it was its way of manipulating it and the other stones ultimately joining each other by establishing a 'tutor' who could instruct how anyone seeking the Soul Stone could obtain it.

Unlike the other infinity stones, the Soul Stone's existence is conditional. It could not be simply unearthed like the others. It's backstory is as ancient and unknown as the universe itself. Seekers would need more than a clue to get their hands on it.

...and here I always thought the Aether (aka the Reality Stone) was hard to get ahold of. :muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My opinion is that Thanos' strength and fighting skill along with his vicious attack, took Hulk completely by surprise. In fact the beating (I think) gave Hulk an indefinite inferiority complex.

I believe a rematch between the two would have been more evenly balanced. Disney/Marvel decided the story required Hulk to be buried while Thor, Iron Man and Captain America took on Thanos. I kinda see why they took that approach leading to the climax of the last battle.
I think the fact that Thanos has brute strength and intelligence is why Hulk lost. Assuming Banner still has Hulk's full power, I think the outcome would be different now.

nobody

Reaction score

But should Thor have had a problem wielding both Stormbreaker and Mjolner?

When Thanos beat the Hulk, he already had an Infinity Stone, didn't he? The Power stone. Some nut went through their fight slow motion (the image is on another site) and shows the stone glowing for just a millisecond when he hits the Hulk, which means it augmented his strength.

Just think of all the fighting styles Thanos learned in his existence, too. Dude probably knows 10 kinds of alien-**. And who knows what other gadgets, etc augment his already potent abilities?

nobody

Reaction score
In my opinion, the Tesseract made that job positioning decision for him when it transported him out of Steve's doomed plane. Maybe it was its way of manipulating it and the other stones ultimately joining each other by establishing a 'tutor' who could instruct how anyone seeking the Soul Stone could obtain it.

Unlike the other infinity stones, the Soul Stone's existence is conditional. It could not be simply unearthed like the others. It's backstory is as ancient and unknown as the universe itself. Seekers would need more than a clue to get their hands on it.

...and here I always thought the Aether (aka the Reality Stone) was hard to get ahold of. :muttley:

Which begs the question, how did Steve manage to turn it back into it's fluidic state and back into Jane without anyone knowing? He only had the stones in a case with him.

AND, if a half-celestial Star Lord needed help touching the power stone in GoTG, how in the heck did Steve 1) get the ball it was stored in and 2) transfer it from the case to the ball storage thing without touching it, cause it would have exploded him?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

When Thanos beat the Hulk, he already had an Infinity Stone, didn't he? The Power stone. Some nut went through their fight slow motion (the image is on another site) and shows the stone glowing for just a millisecond when he hits the Hulk, which means it augmented his strength.

Just think of all the fighting styles Thanos learned in his existence, too. Dude probably knows 10 kinds of alien-**. And who knows what other gadgets, etc augment his already potent abilities?
I honestly don't know enough about it to know if having the stone against Hulk was a big difference or not.

nobody

Reaction score

*facepalms* filters are not smart things, so I'll go with an alternate spelling. Alien-foo