*** SPOILERS *** Avengers Endgame Discussions

nobody

Reaction score
The kids weren't wiped, they existed in a newly diverged timeline (or original timeline, depending on how you view it). I suppose it could be argued that CA staying there should have been the diverged timeline, making it impossible to line up with meeting back up with Endgame ending as an old man. Then again, maybe it wouldn't change the Endgame timeline since CA wouldn't interfere with frozen CA. Who knows how the butterfly effect impacts this made up movie.

By their own stated rules, his staying created a different timeline he would live on in, unable to return to his own (or stay in it) to pass the torch to Falcon.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
By their own stated rules, his staying created a different timeline he would live on in, unable to return to his own (or stay in it) to pass the torch to Falcon.

Changing the past doesn’t change the future. Steve going back doesn’t change anything in the future.

Things that were going to happen in the future still will happen.

Thanos died in future. Thor sliced off head.
Thanos went from past to future. Got snapped to death. He ensures that he is done/changed.
He cannot happen again. That’s how time travel change worked to end... game.

EST_1986

Reaction score
The reason it felt forced was because it made no sense in the context of the battle. I mean, everyone was fighting and suddenly in Captain Marvel's moment of need, only females were available and not fighting for their lives like everyone else? Were they all sitting around waiting for that moment? It was totally forced and again made no sense in the context of that situation all for the sake of the "woman power!" moment.

I have no problem with the idea of an all-woman team. That they would bring those characters together as a group is kinda cool, but not at the expense of making sense.

@stasheroo 's son makes a good point though. I think they could have done it better just by interspersing the female action equally out among the male action showing that men an women are equal much better than a single "woman power! " moment.
this is exactly my thoughts, it seemed so forced and out of place in context of what was going on

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score

Agreed. But stay with me for a second... sure he has a diverged timeline, but possibly one that continues forward the same way, resulting in the same Endgame result, but with a different old CA meeting up with Falcon. This is why discussing paradoxes gives me a headache. :)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The kids weren't wiped, they existed in a newly diverged timeline (or original timeline, depending on how you view it). I suppose it could be argued that CA staying there should have been the diverged timeline, making it impossible to line up with meeting back up with Endgame ending as an old man. Then again, maybe it wouldn't change the Endgame timeline since CA wouldn't interfere with frozen CA. Who knows how the butterfly effect impacts this made up movie.

No diverging timelines.
We are only dealing with one timeline from soup to nuts.
The kids will exist somehow.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Agreed. But stay with me for a second... sure he has a diverged timeline, but possibly one that continues forward the same way, resulting in the same Endgame result, but with a different old CA meeting up with Falcon. This is why discussing paradoxes gives me a headache. :)

Maybe they diverge for short time. Maybe.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Changing the past doesn’t change the future. Steve going back doesn’t change anything in the future.

Things that were going to happen in the future still will happen.

Thanos died in future. Thor sliced off head.
Thanos went from past to future. Got snapped to death. He ensures that he is done/changed.
He cannot happen again. That’s how time travel change worked to end... game.
By that reasoning, Thor never sliced Thanos' s head off....Going back in time definitely changed the future, otherwise we wouldn't have seen him die twice.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
By that reasoning, Thor never sliced Thanos' s head off....Going back in time definitely changed the future, otherwise we wouldn't have seen him die twice.

I don’t follow.

Not being argumentative. Just trying to follow this mindfrack of time travel avengers version lol

They didn’t go into the past to cut off his head.
Thanos then went from past INTO the future. Not back in time at any point.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t follow.

Not being argumentative. Just trying to follow this mindfrack of time travel avengers version lol

They didn’t go into the past to cut off his head.
Thanos then went from past INTO the future. Not back in time at any point.
The fact that Thanos went to Earth, from a point before Thor cut off his head is equivalent to his going back in time from the point of Thor cutting off his head, and diverging the timeline from the point at which he changed his fate by going to Earth.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The fact that Thanos went to Earth, from a point before Thor cut off his head is equivalent to his going back in time from the point of Thor cutting off his head, and diverging the timeline from the point at which he changed his fate by going to Earth.

You can’t change the future by changing the past.

The difference is Thanos REMOVED HIMSELF from PAST via time travel.
He didn’t make a change to the past. He deleted himself in a way.

Placed himself AFTER the beheading.
He didn’t change the future as much as he re-placed himself in another time. Lol I guess

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You can’t change the future by changing the past.

The difference is Thanos REMOVED HIMSELF from PAST via time travel.
He didn’t make a change to the past. He deleted himself in a way.

Placed himself AFTER the beheading.
He didn’t change the future as much as he re-placed himself in another time. Lol I guess
Either you change the future, or you create another timeline. Those are the only options.

The reason they all agreed to return to the same point in time, before "undusting" everyone is so that they wouldn't erase anyone from existence, whose existence was contingent upon the events during the 5 year span between the Thanos's dusting of everyone and their "undusting" of everyone. Whether those people would be erased or sent on a divergent timeline, I don't know, but they would cease to exist, as far as anyone who remained on this timeline could perceive.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I wonder how many people who were dusted were on flights that crashed as a result of the pilots also being dusted. They get resurrected to the place where they were dusted, which is 30,000 ft in the air with no plane.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wonder how many people who were dusted were on flights that crashed as a result of the pilots also being dusted. They get resurrected to the place where they were dusted, which is 30,000 ft in the air with no plane.
I'm not sure where the people would reappear, but the people who were on those planes, (and the other various vehicles and such that crashed as a result of their respective pilots, drivers, etc. being dusted) who weren't dusted, and died as a result of the crash probably didn't come back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't help but to wonder what the future holds for the MCU?
  1. What happens to Banner/Hulk?
  2. Is Hawkeye officially retired once and for all?
  3. Is Thor really hooking up with the Asgardians of the Galaxy?
  4. Will Falcon be the new Captain America in films/TV?
  5. Will the Vision be repaired/brought back to life?
  6. Is there actually going to be an Avengers team going forward?

kskboys

Reaction score
Movie grade: 5.5 out of 10
Why: Thor's character was horrifically done. It was borefest for 2 hours. Way too much gloom and doom and crying.

Comments: The last scene was good. I didn't notice any "woman power" crapp, so I kinda wonder if some people were looking for it.

Time travel story was convoluted. When asked about going back to correct something, some fuzzy answer was given that didn't make sense.

There were some good humor scenes, but not enough.

The action was good, but there simply wasn't enough of it. Hey, if someone is really into this comic book thingie, I can imagine one would be happy w/ the movie. However, most of us watch this sort of movie for two things: Cool crapp and critters. There just wasn't enough of it.

Needed more of the newer characters. Purple witchy woman is cool, have her do more stuff.

All in all, I'm glad I saw it. W/ the extreme buildup, I did expect to be disappointed a bit, but I was a little more disappointed than I thought I would be.

How did someone put it? It was like it was written by someone off the street. I felt the same way.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All good questions.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Movie grade: 5.5 out of 10
Why: Thor's character was horrifically done. It was borefest for 2 hours. Way too much gloom and doom and crying.

Comments: The last scene was good. I didn't notice any "woman power" crapp, so I kinda wonder if some people were looking for it.

Time travel story was convoluted. When asked about going back to correct something, some fuzzy answer was given that didn't make sense.

There were some good humor scenes, but not enough.

The action was good, but there simply wasn't enough of it. Hey, if someone is really into this comic book thingie, I can imagine one would be happy w/ the movie. However, most of us watch this sort of movie for two things: Cool crapp and critters. There just wasn't enough of it.

Needed more of the newer characters. Purple witchy woman is cool, have her do more stuff.

All in all, I'm glad I saw it. W/ the extreme buildup, I did expect to be disappointed a bit, but I was a little more disappointed than I thought I would be.

How did someone put it? It was like it was written by someone off the street. I felt the same way.
Wow, I couldn't disagree much more than I do......BTW, her name is Scarlet Witch. :grin:

Honestly don't know how you could miss the Girl Power moment.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. I hope he ends up in a friendly tussle with Benjamin J. Grimm at some point.
2. In my opinion, yes. The entire losing his family part of life will make him hang up his quiver forever.
3. Again, I think yes. I kinda see the Guardians and The Eternals crossing paths (along with Adam Warlock). A former Asgardian king will come in handy.
4. Excellent question. And will Bucky team up with him as US Agent..?
5.I really and sincerely hope so but I have a bad vibe he is gone forever. Stark is no longer around to reinstall Jarvis into his matrix. Perhaps Wanda's hex power could pull that off? Maybe... just maybe... another super genius could repair The Vision. Reed Richards could do it. Probably easily.
6. I can *see* A-Force appearing in a future Captain Marvel movie but separately? Not sure. Guess it depends on where another central premier team is slated to enter and lead the next Marvel phases forward. (Please let it be the FF/done right finally)

kskboys

Reaction score
Wow, I couldn't disagree much more than I do......BTW, her name is Scarlet Witch. :grin:

Honestly don't know how you could miss the Girl Power moment.

Easy. I didn't watch the movie w/ any political correctness in my head. I didn't differentiate w/ race or secks, they were all simply super heroes working together.

Not really sure why her name is significant.

I'm not a comic book fan. I simply want to be entertained. 2 hours of sadness and gloom and characters completely changing their characters is boring to me, not to mention bad writing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Easy. I didn't watch the movie w/ any political correctness in my head. I didn't differentiate w/ race or secks, they were all simply super heroes working together.

Not really sure why her name is significant.

I'm not a comic book fan. I simply want to be entertained. 2 hours of sadness and gloom and characters completely changing their characters is boring to me, not to mention bad writing.
Your first sentence here is the crux of my point. They were all working together throughout the whole movie, with no acknowledgement of sex, until suddenly, when Captain Marvel needs help, it's a bunch of women to the rescue, in such a blatant fashion that even other women who saw the movie rolled their eyes or said it was "cheesy", or whatever particular way they described it.

Anyway, agree to disagree, my brother!