*** SPOILERS *** Avengers Endgame Discussions

joseephuss

Reaction score
I can't help but to wonder what the future holds for the MCU?
  1. What happens to Banner/Hulk?
  2. Is Hawkeye officially retired once and for all?
  3. Is Thor really hooking up with the Asgardians of the Galaxy?
  4. Will Falcon be the new Captain America in films/TV?
  5. Will the Vision be repaired/brought back to life?
  6. Is there actually going to be an Avengers team going forward?

Will the Disney+ Hawkeye series be about him going forward or be about his past adventures?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Wow, I couldn't disagree much more than I do......BTW, her name is Scarlet Witch. :grin:

Honestly don't know how you could miss the Girl Power moment.

Do they ever refer to her as the Scarlet Witch in the movies? I don't recall ever hearing it said. They did call her a witch in AoU. They usually just called her Wanda.

John813

Reaction score
I can't help but to wonder what the future holds for the MCU?
  1. What happens to Banner/Hulk?
  2. Is Hawkeye officially retired once and for all?
  3. Is Thor really hooking up with the Asgardians of the Galaxy?
  4. Will Falcon be the new Captain America in films/TV?
  5. Will the Vision be repaired/brought back to life?
  6. Is there actually going to be an Avengers team going forward?

Some good questions in there.

Anyone know how many more movies Hemsworth is signed up for?
Really thought Bucky would be the next Captain America when/if Rogers died/disappeared for good.
I can't see Vision being brought back unless Banner and Wanda decide to rebuild him.
Probably, but good luck to the writers trying to make it live up to the OG Avengers.

After thinking on it, not really a fan of how Endgame was done, probably purely due to the timetravel stuff. It always gets messy and IMO the only movie that sort of played it right was interstellar but that wasn't really timetravel.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will the Disney+ Hawkeye series be about him going forward or be about his past adventures?

I haven't seen a definitive announcement on that series actually happening for certain, have you? The rumors i have read indicated that it would be a "passing the torch" thing to a younger, female Hawkeye if it did happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some good questions in there.

Anyone know how many more movies Hemsworth is signed up for?

From what I've read, he's not "signed up for" any more, but the changes made to the Thor character have rekindled his love for playing the role and he's said that he's open to sticking around as long as they have stories to tell.

Really thought Bucky would be the next Captain America when/if Rogers died/disappeared for good.

I was surprised that it was all about Sam too considering his history with Bucky.

I can't see Vision being brought back unless Banner and Wanda decide to rebuild him.

I was thinking T'Challa's sister Shuri.

Probably, but good luck to the writers trying to make it live up to the OG Avengers.

Yeah, that bar is sky high!

After thinking on it, not really a fan of how Endgame was done, probably purely due to the timetravel stuff. It always gets messy and IMO the only movie that sort of played it right was interstellar but that wasn't really timetravel.

It's always messy but I find ît fun, especially when you see an event happen from a different point of view. I try not to think about any potential paradoxes because then I detract from the enjoyment and drive myself nuts.

John813

Reaction score
From what I've read, he's not "signed up for" any more, but the changes made to the Thor character have rekindled his love for playing the role and he's said that he's open to sticking around as long as they have stories to tell.

I was surprised that it was all about Sam too considering his history with Bucky.

I was thinking T'Challa's sister Shuri.

Yeah, that bar is sky high!

It's always messy but I find ît fun, especially when you see an event happen from a different point of view. I try not to think about any potential paradoxes because then I detract from the enjoyment and drive myself nuts.

It would be nice to have Chris H around for a bit longer.

Good point on Shuri. Just remembered after I posted that she did comment about how he was created and was trying to get the stone out safely.

Yea, I usually shut off the brain during movies not to over analyze but it's always a few days/week later where I'll find myself overthinking something in a movie lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do they ever refer to her as the Scarlet Witch in the movies? I don't recall ever hearing it said. They did call her a witch in AoU. They usually just called her Wanda.
No, I don't think they've ever called her that in the movies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be nice to have Chris H around for a bit longer.

I can already see the "adjusted" movie poster for AsGuardians of the Galaxy. Hemsworth loves the comedy aspects that have been added to the Thor character and that fits right in with what Gunn does in the Guardians films.

Good point on Shuri. Just remembered after I posted that she did comment about how he was created and was trying to get the stone out safely.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the comics, but there was a John Byrne story where Vision was disassembled and reassembled and came back "not himself" and he had a journey where he "re-learned" who he was, and who he cared about. If he does return, I expect them to revisit that storyline

Yea, I usually shut off the brain during movies not to over analyze but it's always a few days/week later where I'll find myself overthinking something in a movie lol

It happens to me too, I just make an effort to forgive things like that. But I love stuff like Back to the Future II where we see familiar scenes from a whole new viewpoint, like they did in Endgame.

cml750

Reaction score
I finally got to see it last night. I planned to see it on Saturday but could not stand it so I bit the bullet and stayed up really late and am now extremely tired and sleepy at work this morning but it was worth it.

I give it 9/10. It was everything I thought it would be and more. I am just now reading this thread since I did not want any spoilers before the movie. A few observations.

1) What everyone is referring to as the "girl power" moment did not bother in the slightest. I did not even notice it to be honest. Now that it has been pointed out to me it still does not bother me.
2) The possible time travel paradoxes that some people mention do not bother me. It was a movie (and a dang good one I might add). None of it was even remotely realistically possible to ever happen so the handling of the paradoxes should not matter. They handled the paradox questions different than most movies/shows have and it did not bother me because it was so good.
3) My only slight disappointment(and I do mean slight) is I did not care for the way they did Thor but it was not a big deal to me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I finally got to see it last night. I planned to see it on Saturday but could not stand it so I bit the bullet and stayed up really late and am now extremely tired and sleepy at work this morning but it was worth it.

I give it 9/10. It was everything I thought it would be and more. I am just now reading this thread since I did not want any spoilers before the movie. A few observations.

1) What everyone is referring to as the "girl power" moment did not bother in the slightest. I did not even notice it to be honest. Now that it has been pointed out to me it still does not bother me.
2) The possible time travel paradoxes that some people mention do not bother me. It was a movie (and a dang good one I might add). None of it was even remotely realistically possible to ever happen so the handling of the paradoxes should not matter. They handled the paradox questions different than most movies/shows have and it did not bother me because it was so good.
3) My only slight disappointment(and I do mean slight) is I did not care for the way they did Thor but it was not a big deal to me.
I liked the Thor gag. They kept his self pity going a little too long, but other than that, it was hilarious.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Either you change the future, or you create another timeline. Those are the only options.

The reason they all agreed to return to the same point in time, before "undusting" everyone is so that they wouldn't erase anyone from existence, whose existence was contingent upon the events during the 5 year span between the Thanos's dusting of everyone and their "undusting" of everyone. Whether those people would be erased or sent on a divergent timeline, I don't know, but they would cease to exist, as far as anyone who remained on this timeline could perceive.

I don’t think it’s the same.

He existed was killed by Thor.
Earlier Thanos chose to remove himself from his past timeline to the future and was dusted ultimately.
He fast forwarded past his death so nothing really changed did it?

joseephuss

Reaction score
We know for sure about at least one divergent timeline being created. This is due to Loki taking the Tesseract and escaping. And according to the Ancient One, taking the stone out of the timeline means bad things.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
We know for sure about at least one divergent timeline being created. This is due to Loki taking the Tesseract and escaping. And according to the Ancient One, taking the stone out of the timeline means bad things.

Hmmmm... interesting.

But if removing tesseract from timeline then Steve ultimately returning it to timeline later..... Wonder if it’s one of those things where it ended up in the future in the right place for Steve to return.

I guess what I’m saying is... it may have diverged for short period but then back to correct timeline.

This stuff will drive you nuts. Lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think it’s the same.

He existed was killed by Thor.
Earlier Thanos chose to remove himself from his past timeline to the future and was dusted ultimately.
He fast forwarded past his death so nothing really changed did it?
Everything Thanos would have done, from the point when he started rooting around in Nebula's head, to the point when Thor took his head changed. So it's the same result as if he'd gone back in time on his own.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hmmmm... interesting.

But if removing tesseract from timeline then Steve ultimately returning it to timeline later..... Wonder if it’s one of those things where it ended up in the future in the right place for Steve to return.

I guess what I’m saying is... it may have diverged for short period but then back to correct timeline.

This stuff will drive you nuts. Lol
Loki's actions created an additional timeline, unless Steve prevented him from getting the Tesseract, when he went back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loki's actions created an additional timeline, unless Steve prevented him from getting the Tesseract, when he went back.

I don't think so. I think that's ultimately how Tom Hiddleston's Loki is "brought back from the dead" in Infinity War for his new Disney + series that's in development.

With that cube, he can bounce anywhere to create mischief.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same here. In fact, I was a little proud seeing that moment. I have enjoyed reading comics featuring all-female, all-male and/or mixed hero groups equally, so seeing it on screen was a personal treat for me, even if it was for only a few seconds.

My only female audience input about the scene I have gotten so far has been from my wife, who saw the movie with me. No other female family member ( :rolleyes: ) other than my daughter even plans on seeing the movie. Hopefully she will see the movie this weekend like she has planned so I can get her thoughts.

Several of my female co-workers have told me they want to see the movie but have not yet. I keep bugging them to go see it so they can tell me what they thought of the scene. It has gotten to the point that my egging might persuade them into not going. :laugh::(

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think so. I think that's ultimately how Tom Hiddleston's Loki is "brought back from the dead" in Infinity War for his new Disney + series that's in development.

With that cube, he can bounce anywhere to create mischief.
I didn't know he had an upcoming series. That could be cool.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Same here. In fact, I was a little proud seeing that moment. I have enjoyed reading comics featuring all-female, all-male and/or mixed hero groups equally, so seeing it on screen was a personal treat for me, even if it was for only a few seconds.

My only female audience input about the scene I have gotten so far has been from my wife, who saw the movie with me. No other female family member ( :rolleyes: ) other than my daughter even plans on seeing the movie. Hopefully she will see the movie this weekend like she has planned so I can get her thoughts.

Several of my female co-workers have told me they want to see the movie but have not yet. I keep bugging them to go see it so they can tell me what they thought of the scene. It has gotten to the point that my egging them might persuade them into not going. :laugh::(
Like I said, I have no problem with all female teams, or any strong female characters. That scene was just so blatantly pandering and unnecessary, it took me out of the film for a minute.