Twitter: Baldy Doesn't Think Dak is Slumping

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not just great catches, but here is my point. Why is the ball not hitting the receivers in stride? I was not questioning the short throws to the leg of the receivers, if that is what you are referring too.

Im not refering to one specific thing I'm saying while your saying Dak is inaccurate his Career comp% says otherwise....No QB has 75% great catches over 500 completions...so literally your saying something that facts clearly dont show.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
The drops, bad route running and Allen's pedigree against our average center and LG can't be argued. It was apparent.

Our play calling has changed a lot since Cooper Rush started the game.

It starts with our running game obviously not operating the way it was. RB's dinged up, 3/5's of the o-line being shuffled for various reasons week in, week out. No QB roll outs. Not much misdirection. Play action almost non existent. Almost had a trick play every game first half of the season.

The WR routes are way different, no bunch routes. No re-alignment before the play to confuse the defense. Basically no continuity and I believe it can only get better. The drops will improve, the timing if the line can play together and the routes with more practice and play. Also as we can get some running game going and more movement within the routes and Dak in the pocket it will develop more open area's to throw to.

These next 2 games are just perfect for us to work on regaining all of this before we play Arizona. It should be greatly improved if we don't incur much more injury, Covid protocol or suspensions.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Im not refering to one specific thing I'm saying while your saying Dak is inaccurate his Career comp% says otherwise....No QB has 75% great catches over 500 completions...so literally your saying something that facts clearly dont show.
I am saying Dak does not hit the receivers in stride and yes he is not the most accurate QB and do not blame the receivers or Oline or running backs or coaches whenever Dak's play is questioned. The main reason his play is faulting the past few games is I believe he is not 100% healthy, but that is different from this discussion.

OK, so is Dak the most accurate passer in the league?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I am saying Dak does not hit the receivers in stride and yes he is not the most accurate QB and do not blame the receivers or Oline or running backs or coaches whenever Dak's play is questioned. The main reason his play is faulting the past few games is I believe he is not 100% healthy, but that is different from this discussion.

OK, so is Dak the most accurate passer in the league?

Noone said he was the most accurate but saying he is inaccurate goes against the facts of comp%...unless your trying to say most of his completions over his career are because of great catches by WR...again saying he is off the last couple of games is true BUT the whole offense is off and its not just all Dak. so when the offense was on was it just the WR making great plays?

Reaction score
It has to be interesting to be a teammate of Prescott.

To know you will get blamed for every single one of his mistakes, it's everyone else's fault but his - and then to have him to a post game press conference and talk all this 'we' nonsense.

Much like Galloway and Glenn revolted on Carter - I'd imagine these WR's aren't going to keep giving their all if they keep getting the blame for Prescott's inadequacies.
When has Dak ever blamed the receivers?

He talks in generalities. When he gets specific, it is about himself

johneric8

Reaction score
Weird...

I heard he was elite.
Yea, he is.... You've seen it with your own eyes.. Do you give up on your kids or girlfriend when they don't live up to expectations? You have hope, and look for the good until you can't no more.. Do that for Dak you may live longer..

JayFord

Reaction score
he is slumping and hes also not getting much help

but i trust them to get this figured out, crap happens but i honestly think it gets fixed sunday

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Noone said he was the most accurate but saying he is inaccurate goes against the facts of comp%...unless your trying to say most of his completions over his career are because of great catches by WR...again saying he is off the last couple of games is true BUT the whole offense is off and its not just all Dak. so when the offense was on was it just the WR making great plays?
The receivers have always been making great catches as well as dropped balls.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The receivers have always been making great catches as well as dropped balls.

So your stance is Dak is not accurate but has been blessed by great catches his whole career to get a high comp%? great what would you like to talk about next...Ocean front property in Arizona.seems on the same as for as reality goes...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why arent they catching passes that hit them in the hands or in the numbers? Not disagreeing with you but it goes both ways.
They are no more perfect than dak. They get dropsies of course.

I'm no nfl wr.....but maybe if I wasn't confident where the ball is gonna be....? Most of these are short routes and very little time to adjust.

Reaction score
There was a graph in another thread that showed part of the problem. Starting with Denver, defenses are blitzing a lot less. Early in the year, Dak was killing blitzing defenses.

DC's have figured out the o-line is struggling and can get pressure without blitzing. Now defenses are getting pressure with 4 and using zone to plug passing lanes. Now the offense is struggling with communication and have been unable to adjust

Moore and the offense has not adjusted. And we are seeing the results. Miscommunication. Poor throws. Dropped passes. Combine that with beat up RB's, poor run blocking and a struggling running game. All of it is off.

It is up to Kellen Moore to adjust. And up to all the players to execute. Not just Dak, but everybody

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My favourite is Randal Cobb. Had a stellar year here. Goes to Houston and plays with Watson (who everyone says is better than Dak) and has an abysmal season in comparison. Interesting how that works.
Oh yeah.....they never have a rebuttal for Cobb lol. He was better with Dak than he was with Aaron and Watson......silence lol.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There was a graph in another thread that showed part of the problem. Starting with Denver, defenses are blitzing a lot less. Early in the year, Dak was killing blitzing defenses.

DC's have figured out the o-line is struggling and can get pressure without blitzing. Now defenses are getting pressure with 4 and using zone to plug passing lanes. Now the offense is struggling with communication.

Moore and the offense has not adjusted. And we are seeing the results. Miscommunication. Poor throws. Dropped passes. Combine that with beat up RB's, poor run blocking and a struggling running game. All of it is off.

It is up to Kellen Moore to adjust. And up to all the players to execute. Not just Dak, but everybody

This exactly...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yea, he is.... You've seen it with your own eyes.. Do you give up on your kids or girlfriend when they don't live up to expectations? You have hope, and look for the good until you can't no more.. Do that for Dak you may live longer..
6 games at the start of the season does not over shadow all the average years before that and how he's playing right now.

Those first 6 games are looking more and more like an anomaly every week now.

Dak is not my kid or girlfriend. I have no emotional attachment or responsibility to Dak. That's a horrible comparison.

Trendnet

Reaction score
When have you known facts to get in the way of some peoples good stories?

I never said Dak blames the receivers - you do though.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand, you are a Dak Stan after all.

phildadon86

Reaction score
6 games at the start of the season does not over shadow all the average years before that and how he's playing right now.

Those first 6 games are looking more and more like an anomaly every week now.

Dak is not my kid or girlfriend. I have no emotional attachment or responsibility to Dak. That's a horrible comparison.
You seem to have one. You comment in every single thread that has his name in it. lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I never said Dak blames the receivers - you do though.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand, you are a Dak Stan after all.

please show me where i blamed the WR, i blamed the whole offense for this slump as it should be. lol Dak stan... the final kick from a defeated debate entry..name calling..lol you may go now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I guess I don't remember so many dropped passes.