Barry Church Reveals Jason Witten Was Deciding Factor for Dak Prescott to Take Over for Tony Romo

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dallas wins 41-27.
No early red zone interception and no going down in that game big early vs th the 31st ranked defense. Dallas controls the game and the ball at home, and scores at will---like the rest of the league did all year. Atlanta scored 44 the following week in blowing that GB team out.
Romo had no turnovers against 2 far better defenses the last 2 games in the playoffs and he'd have none here either
Rodgers is not on the field as long, so one less TD.
Dallas wins easily...41-27
Why didn’t they win easily in 2014?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Favre had 4 tds and Peterson did enough to help control the clock when it mattered.
That Minnesota team should've won the Super Bowl.
Favre got hurt in the playoff game at the Saints and the Saints pulled it out in OT. Then Saints won the SB

That team was impossible when they were playing in their dome. Just throttled everyone

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
But why didn’t Dak become a leader of men and will his team to victory over the 49ers earlier this year? Why did he go into a shell and fail miserably?

You excessively biased Dak stans are silly with your selective application of these terms. All of these platitudes come with winning and success, not because of them. You think Romo was in the huddle and said, “Aw shuck guys, I don’t think we’re going to pull this one out but just go out there and go through the motions. Golly gee willakers.”
Bro, I have issues with Dak's PERFORMANCE. But again, most children conflate leadership with OUTCOME. Leadership often leads in failure...Jimmy won 2 SB in 5 seasons. Belichick won 7 SBs but went to like 20 playoff appearances. The outcome doesn't mean you didn't lead.

So...Romo was not a leader. Period. Not in the franchise QB leadership mold. Anyone who was around in 2016 would tell you so...even down to his desperate attempt to have team parties at his mansion...after Dak had already had the team's hearts. Meanwhile, Dak was a leader in HS, MS State and the MINUTE he got here...that's according to THE PEOPLE WHO MATTER, THE PLAYERS.

And again, I have issues with Dak's talent level and consistency...not his leadership.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Favre had 4 tds and Peterson did enough to help control the clock when it mattered.
Yes, Favre was the difference. Peterson was not a factor.

The Cowboys offensive line as a whole was bad that day. Some of it due to injuries and some due to a couple of guys just not being good. It doomed the offense.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Dak got jumped by 4 dudes lol…..only a beta would consider that weak and not the ones who jumped him. But some of us were raised to be men and some us…weren’t raised…
These dudes take the Dak hate too far. my comments about Romo being weak are football related. If dak gets hurt for 7 games next year and Lance goes 7-0 lance isn't keeping the job because Dak runs his locker room. It's not my fault Tony let a rookie do him like that lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
These dudes take the Dak hate too far. my comments about Romo being weak are football related. If dak gets hurt for 7 games next year and Lance goes 7-0 lance isn't keeping the job because Dak runs his locker room. It's not my fault Tony let a rookie do him like that lol
It’s all they got to lean on some fight from 10 years ago lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
maybe, but why not try? worst case scenario, you put Dak back in. you had ZERO to lose by putting Tony back in.
You couldn’t jerk a young qb like that. If you put Romo in he was gonna stay in unless hurt. They were trying to develop Dak in the midst of all this as well. If Dak was mid they or if he was Jameel Showers it wouldn’t have been an issue. But it became clear he had something.

Nexx

Reaction score
You couldn’t jerk a young qb like that. If you put Romo in he was gonna stay in unless hurt. They were trying to develop Dak in the midst of all this as well. If Dak was mid they or if he was Jameel Showers it wouldn’t have been an issue. But it became clear he had something.
completely disagree. i dont think Dak's trajectory changes a bit by throwing Romo back into the lineup with 4 games remaining in the season.