Barry Church Reveals Jason Witten Was Deciding Factor for Dak Prescott to Take Over for Tony Romo

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Terrible leader like I said.
Dak and Zeke are were also inseparable friends. Cant have all those parties and get togethers with Dak being the second string QB. I don't think Romo went out and partied with them. There was IMO a group thing going on and Romo was a bit outside that personal friends party group.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You conveniently left out Romo’s postseason fumbles. He had 8 compared to only one for Dak. Romo also lost three season finale elimination games, which were like playoff games. The NFC East was on the line in each one of those games and the loser was eliminated. We got destroyed by Philly 44-6. Romo had an INT and 2 fumbles. Against the Giants in 2011 he had an INT and a fumble. He had 3 INTs against Washington in 2012. We were decisively beaten in all three games.
No, season-ending "elimination games" don't count as playoff games. That's total horse crap.
Playoff games are playoff games.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Romo had failed to finish the last 3 games he'd tried playing. I am not sure he'd have made it to halftime in the GB playoff game. His body was shot.

Aven8

Reaction score
Garrett did some good here though. He was a big reason for the emphasis of offensive line otherwise Jerry was still gonna sign the Nate Livings of the world.
Yes, he needed an all pro, and most expensive Oline in history and if any of them missed the offense went into the hole…..

DFWJC

Reaction score
Both Dak and Romo are 2-4 in the playoffs. That better improve for Dak this year or they're the same QB. No matter what he's either going to have a better playoff record than Romo or worse. So let's not act like Dak has a great playoff record either so far.
Keep knocking on the door and eventually, you may break through.
Dak's health holding up while he's entering his mental prime is a big advantage.
It's certainly lined up well this year.

Romo's problem was once he entered his mental prime for the position, his injuries were piling up.
He had 3-4 years of very bad offensive line support, and he took a major beating as a result.
It is their main difference as Dak never had olines that bad for an extended period.

Good for him.
Now capitalize in your prime, good man!
:flagwave:

CxC1993

Reaction score
Initially I was all for Romo going back in but as the wins kept piling up, its hard to justify interrupting the chemistry the team had going on. Would they have fared better in the playoffs with the more experienced QB who was mentally in his prime? Maybe, but we’ll never know. I do feel for Tony in that sense though, everything was “clicking” for him by 2014 and we didn’t really get to experience him at his very best for long enough as his body failed. Dak seems to have hit that “everything is clicking” point in his career. I hope we get to experience seeing him for a lot longer and that he stays healthy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak and Zeke are were also inseparable friends. Cant have all those parties and get togethers with Dak being the second string QB. I don't think Romo went out and partied with them. There was IMO a group thing going on and Romo was a bit outside that personal friends party group.
They partied their tails off those first 2-3 years. Saw them out a lot.

I did see Romo at dinner once with Dak. I'm told he took him out (not partying, but dinner and talk) every once in a while during his rookie year. But I only saw them once.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, season-ending "elimination games" don't count as playoff games. That's total horse crap.
Playoff games are playoff games.
Season finale elimination games are just like playoff games. They’re do or die with the winner moving on and the loser going home. They’re only horse crap to the Romo lovers.

Kwyn

Reaction score
No joke. Only freaking thing Garrett COULD bring was he knew what made him and Aikman win in the 90's. A damn good offensive line. And he can't even use it to his advantage. Although in his defense, times have changed pretty quickly on 4th down calls. I remember one of Aikman's recent shows talking about how Belichick was the pioneer of some of those aggressive 4th down calls, which wasn't all that long ago. Now it happens every week, especially with Coach Mac.
Dan Campbell and Siriani seem to go for it half the time regardless of distance