Barry Church Reveals Jason Witten Was Deciding Factor for Dak Prescott to Take Over for Tony Romo

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Garrett ruined many careers. :banghead:

The more time goes on, the more I realize how bad it was. Usually a Coach looks better in retrospect.
That's all on Jerry for keeping Garrett here for 9.5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!
If that decision alone does not prove Jerry is not qualified to be a GM I don't know what does......

starman22

Reaction score
That’s ridiculous! :rolleyes: No way was Romo going to out duel Rodgers with our choking defense. Once we got behind Romo would have been throwing the ball up for grabs trying to bring us back and it would have led to a Packers blowout. Most of the do or die games we got behind in with Romo led to debacles. Go review his playoff/elimination game history. He would lose his poise and the floor would cave in. Some of you act like Romo had a great playoff record. lol
Some of you act like it is all on the QB, did you not watch any previous playoff games, or "win or go home games"? When the game is on the line and the QB makes the play to win the game and someone else fails to do their job, that is still on the QB? Tony had his failings, that interception against I think Washington when the LB jumped 10 feet in the air to intercept that pass on the sideline was heartbreaking. Blame that on Romo. The Crayton crap against the Giants. c'mon man, quit talking with your heart and use your brain. Try holding another player accountable like you do the QB.

starman22

Reaction score
So dumb and lazy.
You obviously don't pay attention to the posters in here, and just reply blindly like so many others. Mac's posts are not dumb and lazy. I do not always agree with him, but his posts are usually well thought out.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You obviously don't pay attention to the posters in here, and just reply blindly like so many others. Mac's posts are not dumb and lazy. I do not always agree with him, but his posts are usually well thought out.
This one was dumb and lazy. And mind your own business.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some of you act like it is all on the QB, did you not watch any previous playoff games, or "win or go home games"? When the game is on the line and the QB makes the play to win the game and someone else fails to do their job, that is still on the QB? Tony had his failings, that interception against I think Washington when the LB jumped 10 feet in the air to intercept that pass on the sideline was heartbreaking. Blame that on Romo. The Crayton crap against the Giants. c'mon man, quit talking with your heart and use your brain. Try holding another player accountable like you do the QB.
You must not read many of my posts, because I never put it entirely on the QB, but most fans here do. If you read my post that you quoted, I said Romo wasn’t about to out duel Aaron Rodgers with our choking defense. I put that 2016 loss to the Packers on the defense. When the Cowboys got down by two scores or more in the playoffs with Romo it would always turn into a blowout because he would try to get back in the game by forcing throws down the field into coverage. He was a gunslinger. It would lead to turnovers and his game would come apart. Anyone who was watching the games back then knows it’s the truth. I got news for you buddy I don’t post with my heart and I’ve never put all the big losses we had entirely on Romo. A lot of it was the defense along with his mistakes. When you lose playoff/elimination games everyone’s accountable but the QB is always going to take the most heat.

starman22

Reaction score
You must not read many of my posts, because I never put it entirely on the QB, but most fans here do. If you read my post that you quoted, I said Romo wasn’t about to out duel Aaron Rodgers with our choking defense. I put that 2016 loss to the Packers on the defense. When the Cowboys got down by two scores or more in the playoffs with Romo it would always turn into a blowout because he would try to get back in the game by forcing throws down the field into coverage. He was a gunslinger. It would lead to turnovers and his game would come apart. Anyone who was watching the games back then knows it’s the truth. I got news for you buddy I don’t post with my heart and I’ve never put all the big losses we had entirely on Romo. A lot of it was the defense along with his mistakes. When you lose playoff/elimination games everyone’s accountable but the QB is always going to take the most heat.
We had a dominant running game, just like we did when we lost in Green Bay in 14, that is the difference. When we finally had the pieces together, I just believe that Romo with a rookie Zeke would have been pretty much unstoppable. I just really would have loved to have had the chance to witness it. For the record, the Packers defense was even worse than ours that year.

I don't completely disagree with you about Romo, but making him seem like the only reason we lost is just lazy. Yes, it still happens to this day with Dak and it is just as bad. I am a Dak fan and obviously want the Boys to win it all this year, even with Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We had a dominant running game, just like we did when we lost in Green Bay in 14, that is the difference. When we finally had the pieces together, I just believe that Romo with a rookie Zeke would have been pretty much unstoppable. I just really would have loved to have had the chance to witness it. For the record, the Packers defense was even worse than ours that year.

I don't completely disagree with you about Romo, but making him seem like the only reason we lost is just lazy. Yes, it still happens to this day with Dak and it is just as bad. I am a Dak fan and obviously want the Boys to win it all this year, even with Dak.
Our run game was even more dominant in 2014 than it was in 2016 but we couldn’t stop Aaron Rodgers with the game on the line. Despite 125 yards rushing by Zeke in 2016 we still couldn’t stop Aaron Rodgers with the game on the line. He passed for 355 yards and a couple of TDs. He foiled us again in the the final seconds with an incredible throw. Romo wasn’t going to prevent that. Dak played a great game with just over 300 yards and 3 TDs. No way was Romo going to play even better. Aaron Rodgers was the difference no matter what QB we had or how well they played. Our defense simply wasn’t good enough to stop him in 2014 and 2016. We never had an answer for him in the playoffs.

Big D

Reaction score
Romo was my guy but everyone on earth knew it was over for him and the team was Dak's. Even Romo himself knew as evident in his speech. This clip only confirms it from a players perspective. Why continue to cry over it?

starfan1

Reaction score
There was no reason to go back to Romo and sounds like the locker room was fully in support of it including Romo's best friend.

Frankly, those arguing in favor of Romo that he would have generated a different outcome are ignoring the rest of Romo's career and what he delivered.
Ya like 2 years prior with a BETTER team

glimmerman

Reaction score
So in other words, Dak won the total respect of his teammates rather than Romo lost it. No fault of Romo at all......just got caught in the middle of a perfect storm. But I do think we would have had a better chance of winning the playoff game with him and his experience.
Yeah when Romo came in and played those plays against egirl he made those plays so easy. I think Romo should have gotten the shot..