Based simply on stats, are these 2 QB's similar?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Godwin, Evans, brate and Howard. He isn't saddled with trash
Only a Dak slobberer would act like there is any kind of comparison between the rosters. Dak had a stacked offense on Day one. Winston was a number one pick who went straight to the worst team in the league.

If Dak was drafted by Tampa Bay he would be in the XFL right now... well wait, their season is canceled.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Going simply on stats, would you say these 2 QB's are very similar based on their first 4 years in the league:

QB #1

1,922 attempts 1,183 completions 62% Comp % 14,628 Yards 88 TD's 58 Int's 189 rushes 794 Yards 9 TD's

QB #2

2,071 Attempts 1,363 Completions 65.8% Comp. % 15,778 Yards 97 TD's 36 Int's 241 rushes 1,221 yards 21 TD's

In my opinion solely looking at stats (keeping in mind QB #1 had a very bad 5th year and those stats aren't factored into this) these 2 QB's stats are very similar.

QB #1 is about to be released and QB #2 is looking for $35+M/year in a new contract.

QB #1 is Jameis Winston

QB #2 is Dak Prescott
Lol so let’s just leave out the bad 5th year. And the stats still aren’t even close. Are you ok?

HanD

Reaction score
Only a Dak slobberer would act like there is any kind of comparison between the rosters. Dak had a stacked offense on Day one. Winston was a number one pick who went straight to the worst team in the league.

If Dak was drafted by Tampa Bay he would be in the XFL right now... well wait, their season is canceled.

I could care less what we do with Dak. But these two aren't that similar. Winston always had Evans. Last year he had great talent around him,better receing talent than Dak and had a terrible year. Dak has improved or remained steady each year. Winston not only is up and down but is a risk off the field.

Let's be fair when comparing support staff. You made it seem like Winston was playing with hurns a rookie Gallup and twill

roughneck266

Reaction score
I don't believe this is going to end the way you thought it would. More than 2X the TD's??

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Going simply on stats, would you say these 2 QB's are very similar based on their first 4 years in the league:

QB #1

1,922 attempts 1,183 completions 62% Comp % 14,628 Yards 88 TD's 58 Int's 189 rushes 794 Yards 9 TD's

QB #2

2,071 Attempts 1,363 Completions 65.8% Comp. % 15,778 Yards 97 TD's 36 Int's 241 rushes 1,221 yards 21 TD's

In my opinion solely looking at stats (keeping in mind QB #1 had a very bad 5th year and those stats aren't factored into this) these 2 QB's stats are very similar.

QB #1 is about to be released and QB #2 is looking for $35+M/year in a new contract.

QB #1 is Jameis Winston

QB #2 is Dak Prescott
the TD to interception ratio for QB1 is bad. really bad. QB2 seems to be much better. here is QB3

2042 attempts, 1313 completion, 64.2%, 15760, 121TD , 34 int's

and I find it funny, in one thread people don't want Dak based on this past year performance. claiming he was 8-8 and ignoring previous years. in this thread, you excuse Winston's lack of performance and his last year as an anamoly.

I guess whatever that suits the argument.

also, tell me about their leadership ability? how many come backs did Winston have? how many wins? how about his maturity? how has he gotten better? has he improved or not?

again, the goal is not to win the spreadsheet math for cap...its about winning superbowls and getting to playoffs. which one will give you a better chance at the position?

its not about wasting $25 mill a year.....to say I saved 10 mill on the cap....its about spending that extra 10 and getting a chance to go to playoffs and make a run.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I could care less what we do with Dak. But these two aren't that similar. Winston always had Evans. Last year he had great talent around him,better receing talent than Dak and had a terrible year. Dak has improved or remained steady each year. Winston not only is up and down but is a risk off the field.
Dak has not improved, if we are being objective his rookie year still remains his best year. And your deflection is a joke, having Mike Evans alone does not offset having an offensive line stocked with future HOFers and one of the best RBs in the league. I'll say it again since you struggle with reading: Only a Dak slobberer would act like there is any kind of comparison between the rosters. Dak had a stacked offense on Day one. Winston was a number one pick who went straight to the worst team in the league. If Dak was drafted by Tampa Bay he would be in the XFL right now.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

I’m not a big Dak fan but he’s better than Winston. By a long shot.

Winston had Arians as his coach last year, a known QB whisperer, legitimately good threats at WR and TE, yet managed to throw 30 picks.

The dude can’t even see. He had Lasik surgery a few weeks ago.

DFWJC

Reaction score

You have a point regarding what Dak walked into vs Winston....at least in the first 2-3 years.
By last year, I think the weapons around Winston were strong, and his line wasn't terrible either.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Man I hope the NFL season gets cancelled. Fans need a break from it.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It should also be pointed out, since the OP is filled with raw totals, that Winston produced the numbers he did in 8 fewer games than Dak. Which means he certainly would have exceeded Dak in all of the passing totals (and more interceptions likely).